Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People are sick of watching him and rightly upset. As I’ve said many times, the anger is towards management and misdirected. Winks hasn’t helped himself by making some dumb comments over the years.
Winks hasn't helped himself by not leaving. It's fairly well documented he's had the chances.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he is our next major out
jon stewart wish GIF

It's not the criticism he gets just because he's not good, everyone gets that, it's the abuse and it's the constant jibes that are uncessary which stand out, at least with players like Gio and Ndombele you can make an argument of them deserving it if that's your thing but I still to this day don't understand why he gets so much abuse.

Gio and Ndombelly deserve all the crap that comes their way imv

So does Winks partially for running off to the press whinging about game time but maybe not as much as the aforementioned two who are a disgrace to the game with their respective attitudes

What annoys a lot of people about Winks is the ‘he’s one of our own’ crap and ‘he’s been with us since he was a boy’ etc

He’s been crap for several seasons now

The sooner all three are gone the better for them and the club

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I don't hate Harry Winks, I find him frustrating. He has the odd decent game but his record as a whole is not impressive. At this stage, he's like a toy at the bottom of the box that's got parts missing, lying there half-forgotten. Every blue moon it gets taken out and we remember the fun days when it was new, but quickly remember why it's earnt its current status: It was never really that good to begin with.

I think he had a decent match or two earlier in the season and then just fizzled out. That just about sums up his time with us; some promise then a lot of nothing.

Well, our home grown; squad trained players are Tanganga, Kane, Winks, Skipp, Austin.

Tangagna has been linked with a move away; so if we sell Winks also- we essentially lose a squad space.

So, options are:

1. Keep 1 of Winks / Tanganga
2. Sign Bale or Andros Townsend
3. Lose a squad space

oh

4. Bring Dele home!

I don't hate Harry Winks, I find him frustrating. He has the odd decent game but his record as a whole is not impressive. At this stage, he's like a toy at the bottom of the box that's got parts missing, lying there half-forgotten. Every blue moon it gets taken out and we remember the fun days when it was new, but quickly remember why it's earnt its current status: It was never really that good to begin with.

I think he had a decent match or two earlier in the season and then just fizzled out. That just about sums up his time with us; some promise then a lot of nothing.
Absolutely... There was a time, not so long ago, when Football Focus did a piece on him, I think around 2018/early '19 where he'd made his breakthrough, I think he'd already scored the late winner at Fulham, and was being 'heralded' as the future of our midfield...

The point is, he came across so eloquently and level headed in the interview, that I bought into it totally.... "Future Captain here ..." Winks and Kane will be the central bones on which the team can be built around....

I thought he was gonna be our Beckham!
It's just a shame he couldn't realise that potential too... as he seems to have hit his ceiling way earlier in his career than I'd hoped.

He's clearly got the enthusiasm and love for the club.... But, like Ryan Mason, just not the tools to back it up!

Everton or Villa feels like a good fit for him... And maybe having a midfield manager in either Lampard or Gerrard could impart SOME knowledge into him that might help him make the best out of what he's got!

Every time someone gets that toy out of the box I try to remember if I ever liked playing with it. Tbh I don't think I ever did. I look at it, and I know my mates had the same toy and they liked it. I always wondered what it was they saw it in it tbh. It didn't really do anything in particular, it was just "there"
If anything, it never really fit in with any of the other toys and often ruined their "thing" as the odd toy out. They were all action and that toy was "meh"
As the years roll on, those friends who liked that toy still tell me how it was one of their favourites. But they all struggle to tell me why or when exactly they really enjoyed playing with it.

The only thing that was ever good about Harry Winks was that he was one of our own playing for us. If he wasn't one of our own, he would have been found out by fans and coaches a like a lot sooner.

Back
Top Bottom