Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably the longest any player has ever been at the club if you count his youth career, joining when he was 5
5... 5!!! That alone should mean all the unwanted hate towards him is totally unjustified.....

Maybe not our most gifted player, but Spurs through and through.... He lived the dream of every Spurs fan! Fair play to him.

Everyone on the inside:

WANKS IS GONE

Everyone on the outside:

Good luck old chap, all the very best Winksy - you gave your all old boy. Go tear up the Championship.

🤙
As I say... I STILL don't get the hate for him....

Yes, maybe he WAS a one season wonder... But he was OUR one season wonder!

Was it 'cos people really believe he was the rat in the camp...? Was he, REALLY?

Anyway, he's gone now ...
.so for all you 'Friends of Dorotharry';

"Ding Dong, the Winks is dead,
Which old Winks?
the Wicked Winks...
Ding Dong the wicked Winks is dead!!"

Good luck to Winksy. Because of his physical and defensive limitations, He's the type of player who is completely at the mercy of what style of coach he has.

Enzo's Maresca's name was ringing a bell - just looked up and he was part of Juande Ramo's Seville team that won the Europa in 2006 & 2007.

All indicators point to him putting Winksy in a role and system he can thrive; he’s going to look like Modric at that level, I hope.

Happy Wall Street GIF by Imagine Dragons
pretty much sums your type of "support" up

Everyone on the inside:

WANKS IS GONE

Everyone on the outside:

Good luck old chap, all the very best Winksy - you gave your all old boy. Go tear up the Championship.

🤙
Today is a special day for me.

It's up there with losing my virginity, my first pint and passing my driving test.

Happy days are here again.

This kinda support do you think?

I genuinely don't get the hate...
Enough people from outside our club hate us, our players and our fans. ...

We really don't need our own fans to hate on our own players.... we get that every week!

Whether people like it or not, WINKS is one of our own.
He may have had his limitations, but he lived the dream... the same as any of us would, given half the chance, and with a fraction of his footballing ability!
Yet SOME people can't recognise that, and at the VERY least acknowledging that a GENUINE SPURS FAN PLAYED FOR SPURS!

Compare that with Cundy and Bent... A Chelsea fan and a Gooner.... playing for Spurs... both shit, but didn't get half the abuse Winks got.... Have a fucking word with yourselves, and Google the word 'loyalty' while you're at it!

Best of luck Winksy.

See you back in the PL one day...

Last edited:
This kinda support do you think?

I genuinely don't get the hate...
Enough people from outside our club hate us, our players and our fans. ...

We really don't need our own fans to hate on our own players.... we get that every week!

Whether people like it or not, WINKS is one of our own.
He may have had his limitations, but he lived the dream... the same as any of us would, given half the chance, and a fraction of his footballing ability!

Best of luck Winksy.

See you back in the PL one day...
Its similar to Dier or Sanchez. They have played even after being found out. In the past his presence in the team really annoyed me. But its unfair to hate the guy , its not like he picks himself. Hopefully Dier and Sanchez also leave soon and go to a level they should be playing at.

21 years for Spurs...

People shat on him but I like him - and still remember *that* King-esque tackle against Real Madrid.

Good luck to him, I hope he manages to crack on.
I remember him running the midfield against Spain as England beat them. At one point he was very good

Back
Top Bottom