Has anyone else had enough?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last thursday, I went in to work early to get out early and watch the game.

Today, I went in normal time and will miss it.

I love Tottenham but I don’t enjoy watching them play lately. More negatives than positives.

We'll win tonight.

Probably.

Win tonight so the apologists can ignore the past two results, lose to WBA but the apologists can point to the Chelsea game to brush that one off and probably whine about injuries or schedule. Lose to City but that game won't count because they are so good and hey we beat Chelsea.

We will be worse off after the City game but hey we beat Chelsea so ignore everything else.

I just struggle to see the patterns of play in my head that will lead to us scoring more than Chelsea and winning this.

We look so toothless without Kane. Do we really trust Bergjwin/Vinicius to deliver? Son in his terrible form?

I was around in the Sugar era.
I detest Mourinho and have found the football interminably dull, but compared to then this nothing.

I remember getting done 6-1 at home by the chavs with a tore andre flo hat trick.Christian Gross and his magic ticket. John Scales at centre half. Pony kits and Pony football

Christ. We finished 12 points behind Spam that year.

Last edited:
Neither me or the daughter want to watch tonight. We will do out of a sense of duty and or morbid fascination.
I just struggle to see the patterns of play in my head that will lead to us scoring more than Chelsea and winning this.

We look so toothless without Kane. Do we really trust Bergjwin/Vinicius to deliver? Son in his terrible form?
We are getting beat put money on it im going to have a take away watch a movie then come in hear for the obituary. I'm letting you lot take this bullet. I can not give another hour and a half watching what Jose Mourinho thinks is football. The only question in my mind is 3-1 or 3-0 fish supper or Indian. I'm sorry lads but that's how much I'm down.

I was around in the Sugar era.
I detest Mourinho and have found the football interminably dull, but compared to then this nothing.

I remember getting done 6-1 at home by the chavs with a tore andre flo hat trick.Christian Gross and his magic ticket. John Scales at centre half. Pony kits and Pony football

Christ. We finished 12 points behind Spam that year.
I think I remember back-to-back 0-3 losses at home to Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough one season. Finishing below Charlton and it was seemingly just accepted!

The gap and money in football was less then generally but it was still horrific underachievement. There is certainly a generation of Spurs who don't know how lucky they are in the past few years - punching highly above our weight for once - and that probably correlates with those who wanted Poch out.

Last edited:
I think I remember back-to-back 0-3 losses at home to Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough one season. Finishing below Charlton and it was seemingly just accepted!

The general gap and money in football was less then generally but it was still horrific underachievement. There is certainly a generation of Spurs who don't know how lucky they are in the past few years - punching highly above our weight for once - and that probably correlates with those who wanted Poch out.
if you werent around for the Sugar years you have no idea on what a shit chairman is actually like.
One of his companies used to charge us for his services as chairman

worst thing...for reasons i wont go into, I had to give up my season ticket at the end of the season he sold up.

We are getting beat put money on it im going to have a take away watch a movie then come in hear for the obituary. I'm letting you lot take this bullet. I can not give another hour and a half watching what Jose Mourinho thinks is football. The only question in my mind is 3-1 or 3-0 fish supper or Indian. I'm sorry lads but that's how much I'm down.
Indian all day.

if you werent around for the Sugar years you have no idea on what a shit chairman is actually like.
One of his companies used to charge us for his services as chairman

worst thing...for reasons i wont go into, I had to give up my season ticket at the end of the season he sold up.
I know it's been discussed here previously but he got lots of credit for reversing the 12 point deduction and FA Cup ban. Also singing Klinsmann.

But obviously clueless about football and a huge **** in business. Having a chairman who made set top boxes and satellite dishes and yet let us get left so far behind as the Sky money came in and properly changed football. Soul destroying stuff.

This thread is just weird. We are 6th in the league and if we win our 2 games in hand we will be 1 point off 4th. Some posts on here make it seem like we are 18th.

It wasn't so long ago that the entire world was laughing at Woolwich and their suicidal fans then they went and beat Chelsea. Just calm down and save the meltdowns for after the game.

I am always excited to watch Tottenham and I don't understand any Tottenham fan who isn't.

This thread is just weird. We are 6th in the league and if we win our 2 games in hand we will be 1 point off 4th. Some posts on here make it seem like we are 18th.

It wasn't so long ago that the entire world was laughing at Woolwich and their suicidal fans then they went and beat Chelsea. Just calm down and save the meltdowns for after the game.

I am always excited to watch Tottenham and I don't understand any Tottenham fan who isn't.
You're doing that thing again where you look at the table go it anit that bad..but but but. Look at how we play football its way worse that the table reflects. But more power to you man.

After one season at Tottenham, Klinsmann announced he would be leaving the club to join Bayern Munich.

Chairman Alan Sugar went ballistic, throwing a strop live on TV and saying he wouldn’t wash his car with Klinsmann’s shirt.

He was obviously scarred by the experience, later describing footballers as “total scum” and publicly stating his aversion to “Carlos Kick-a-ball” foreign signings, leading him to take the inspired decision to turn down Dennis Bergkamp when he wanted to sign for Spurs.

After one season at Tottenham, Klinsmann announced he would be leaving the club to join Bayern Munich.

Chairman Alan Sugar went ballistic, throwing a strop live on TV and saying he wouldn’t wash his car with Klinsmann’s shirt.

He was obviously scarred by the experience, later describing footballers as “total scum” and publicly stating his aversion to “Carlos Kick-a-ball” foreign signings, leading him to take the inspired decision to turn down Dennis Bergkamp when he wanted to sign for Spurs.
And then re-signed Klinsmann.

Back
Top Bottom