Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To all the people who keep saying "Keep Conte, he told the truth" etc - do you seriously think he wants to stay? Genuine question...

Seems to me that he's fed up of the situation, wants out, and has tried to engineer a situation where his position becomes untenable - but I suppose people could seriously believe that he wants to stay and be backed (further...) and is trying to achieve it this way, is that what the 'keep Conte' people believe? Or in reality do they support Conte's comments but recognise that it's unrealistic now for him to stay?

To all the people who keep saying "Keep Conte, he told the truth" etc - do you seriously think he wants to stay? Genuine question...

Seems to me that he's fed up of the situation, wants out, and has tried to engineer a situation where his position becomes untenable - but I suppose people could seriously believe that he wants to stay and be backed (further...) and is trying to achieve it this way, is that what the 'keep Conte' people believe? Or in reality do they support Conte's comments but recognise that it's unrealistic now for him to stay?
Honestly? I’m not sure. But I’m leaning towards him calling out Enic to force change. Definitely support his comments, though.

*cough* Bullshit.

I reckon Conte is staying until the end of the season at least.

Everyone is so triggered by the news about it, did they actually watch the video? He was bang on. If Levy has any balls, he'll keep Conte and give him some extra clout. In my view, the owners are worse off if they kick him. Keeping him on would be a strong message about culpability and intent, imv. Plus, it would save a bit of cash.

:levyeyes:

I agree, keep Conte in, can't sack someone for telling the actual truth!

Well, you can but it's a bit harsh unless that's what Conte wants in which case, don't sack him and make him do his job.

If we were fighting relegation that I'd understand the need for a change, but we're not and I don't really care where we finish in the league now. As far as I'm concerned our season is over.

I hope to go to one more match, even if it's just to see Kane one last time, but 4th, 8th, couldn't give a shit. I just hope we don't end up in the Conference League thing.
He took no personal responsibility for the crap he has served all season in his rant. None whatsoever. Nothing about his system not working out. We have limped the whole season and would be worse off without our set pieces.

Honestly? I’m not sure. But I’m leaning towards him calling out Enic to force change. Definitely support his comments, though.
Thanks. But then the sentence I've bolded above can surely only mean one of two things:

1. He wants to stay and wants the board to back him further.
2. He wants to leave but wants to blame the board / players for recent lack of success (including in his tenure) to limit any damage to his reputation from what will be perceived by most as a failed project.

What it surely could not mean is that he wants to leave now, but also wants the club to change and succeed after he has gone - as I can't see any reason he would want that, once he leaves he won't care about us, and if he thinks we've not done right by him, if anything he will want us to fail.

Personally I believe it must surely be option 2 above, but can see how some might (whether realistically or just fancifully) still be clinging on to the hope that it's option 1...

Last edited:
Get some hairy dog down you this morning!
What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

On the contrary, I don't sense he gives s a shit as to whether things change of not and that he's happy enough to just absolve himself of any responsibility and move swiftly along (he's literally had a dig at everyone else inc. the fans)....

A big part of the Conte story here is about what he hasn't said....

- Hasn't told us what he wants in order to stay.
- Hasn't given any indication that there are things he could have done better.... When clearly there are.
- Hasn't acknowledged that maybe the players are having a hard time staying on-board with a manager that doesn't seem to see a future here.

Even in his rant after the Burnley game last year the sentiment was rooted in "well if you don't think I'm good enough I can leave", rather than anything affirmative or determined.

Last edited:
Thanks. But then the sentence I've bolded above can surely only mean one of two things:

1. He wants to stay and wants the board to back him further.
2. He wants to leave but wants to blame the board / players for recent lack of success (including in his tenure) to limit any damage to his reputation from what will be perceived by most as a failed project.

What it surely could not mean is that he wants to leave now, but also wants the club to change and succeed after he has gone - as I can't see any reason he would want that, once he leaves he won't care about us, and if he thinks we've not done right by him, if anything he will want us to fail.

Personally I believe it must surely be option 2 above, but can see how some might (whether realistically or just fancifully) hope it's option 1...

If he is #1 then all he has to do is tell us the fans what he wants from the board in order to stay... Preferably in Dec/Jan. For the most part this would have united the fanbase behind him and given us and the players cause to believe in him and similarly given the board nowhere to hide (which was the mantra when he first joined... That people wanted him to take Levy on head-on).......

He hasn't though.

..... Look back at the Palace away game - The stage was all set.... Pro-Conte / Anti-Levy chants all game, but he didn't seize upon that.

Last edited:
If he is #1 then all he has to do is tell us the fans what he wants form the board in order to stay... Preferably in Dec/Jan. For the most part this would have united the fanbase behind him and given us and the players cause to believe in him and similarly given the board nowhere to hide (which was the mantra when he first joined... That people wanted to him to take Levy head-on).......

He hasn't though.

..... Look back at the Palace away game - The stage was all set.... Pro-Conte / Anti-Levy chants all game, but he didn't seize upon that.
Indeed - and that's why personally I can't believe his recent comments are anything other than deflection and self-preservation in terms of his long-term reputation. For me whether or not his comments have validity is of little relevance - the point is that it's hard to imagine how they have not been made with entirely selfish motives. Clearly there are a few others on here who disagree, but for me the sooner he goes the better.

Indeed - and that's why personally I can't believe his recent comments are anything other than deflection and self-preservation in terms of his long-term reputation. For me whether or not his comments have validity is of little relevance - the point is that it's hard to imagine how they have not been made with entirely selfish motives. Clearly there are a few others on here who disagree, but for me the sooner he goes the better.

The Irony being that he's called the players "selfish"..... Similar irony to him calling the fans "impatient" whilst he continues to string everyone along about his future.

Up until very recently, I was still prepared to believe it was one big game of poker and he'd finally show his hand and we'd all be like "yay!"; but after the last 2/3 weeks, I wanna cash out.

Indeed.

The complication of how many coaches he brought with him.

Not just negotiating severance for Conte but about 8 other coaches and then finding guys to step in at short notice.
Ffs 8 coaches! What do all these minds do? Jobs for the mates. Between them they have us playing brand of football Pulis and big sane would be proud. What happened to Italian sophistication. I cant believe we have all these coaches yet they over turgid first half performances, going behind in every game, conceding at least 2 goals per game, in ability to pass and control games, not one game where we have dominated and been in control for the 90 mins, etc. all of the above could be construed as gross miss management. Football sometimes is such nepotistic biz! Just mates all going round together with manager. None have to apply and be interviewed for their positions. Just rinsing clubs.

He took Chelsea to court to get the full payout from them. He won’t go quietly with us.
Exactly he'll want his pizza and eat it too! His a fraud and is nowhere the top managers of the last 30 years or beyond. His never won a euro trophy, play a brand of football that boring, can’t handle more than one game a week, needs squillions to spend, cannot coach any real tactics to get beat out his players, doesn’t integrate HG young players, hates club signings, never his fault, Blake’s everything and everyone rise abd is only interested in his pay cheque and then some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom