Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you are joking. Meth is a poor mans fun.
breaking bad jeans GIF

Maybe the club should do the decent thing and pay him off and appoint Mason ASAP!
He started the rants not the club. If someone is not happy at place of work, they hand in their resignation, no?

I am not defending Levy or Enic, Conte was the wrong man for the job so was Jose.

The day an American takes the managers job and starts using the word “soccer”, I’m out.
I’ve put up with a lot with this club but that might push me over the edge
Makes total sense...how could anyone put up with heathens that would do such a thing...

But stay focused on vernacular because it's important...

...and whatever else you can do to keep the game true to its roots...

Exactly he'll want his pizza and eat it too! His a fraud and is nowhere the top managers of the last 30 years or beyond. His never won a euro trophy, play a brand of football that boring, can’t handle more than one game a week, needs squillions to spend, cannot coach any real tactics to get beat out his players, doesn’t integrate HG young players, hates club signings, never his fault, Blake’s everything and everyone rise abd is only interested in his pay cheque and then some more.
And yet I'm led to believe he's 'elite'

Whatever that means

He started the rants not the club. If someone is not happy at place of work, they hand in their resignation, no?

I am not defending Levy or Enic, Conte was the wrong man for the job so was Jose.
He doesnt benefit from resigning. But sacking him means he gets his money and we get to move on quickly. Its a win-win. So the decent thing would be to sack him.

I’m sure the club are being very careful with how they do this. Conte took Chelsea to a tribunal over his sacking and he won.

Levy might be trying to make the case that Conte’s rant broke some kind of contractual clause and that he isn’t entitled to a full payoff. Sacking a man like Conte is not straightforward and we know Levy likes to save every penny he can. Maybe they are waiting for him to return to London for a face to face meeting where he’ll get the pink slip.

I’m sure the club are being very careful with how they do this. Conte took Chelsea to a tribunal over his sacking and he won.

Levy might be trying to make the case that Conte’s rant broke some kind of contractual clause and that he isn’t entitled to a full payoff. Sacking a man like Conte is not straightforward and we know Levy likes to save every penny he can. Maybe they are waiting for him to return to London for a face to face meeting where he’ll get the pink slip.

I think that the club won't sack him and would rather let his contract run down and Stellini and Mason take charge until the end of the season, something like that.

If we can agree with Poch or JN to take over in the summer. I'm happy to let Mason or Stellini take over the last 10 games. Let Conte look like an ass hiding in Italy and abandoning his team.

He doesnt benefit from resigning. But sacking him means he gets his money and we get to move on quickly. Its a win-win. So the decent thing would be to sack him.
But there must be a middle ground. He may not benefit financially from resigning, but he may well benefit from a 'state of mind' point of view as he's clearly unhappy and if he had to take training etc with these players for another couple of months it would surely be as horrible for him as it would for them . That being the case, it must surely be in the interests of both him and the club to reach some kind of compromised severance agreement. Presumably the problem is that both he and Levy are tough negotiators who don't want to give an inch...

But there must be a middle ground. He may not benefit financially from resigning, but he may well benefit from a 'state of mind' point of view as he's clearly unhappy and if he had to take training etc with these players for another couple of months it would surely be as horrible for him as it would for them . That being the case, it must surely be in the interests of both him and the club to reach some kind of compromised severance agreement. Presumably the problem is that both he and Levy are tough negotiators who don't want to give an inch...
If no one will budge then he will stay here and sees out his contract and gets paid in full while being a job he doesnt give a fuck about. I think the club comes off worse in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom