Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
dumbo i can handle that.
The other guy said both Conte and Levy wont give an inch in negotiations.

What happens if two sides negotiating dont budge.
There is no deal and the status quo remains.
Which in our situations is Conte staying .
Which means he sees out the remaining 10 games.
Which is bad for the club.

Hopefully you understood this step by step explanation.

What happens if two sides negotiating dont budge.
There is no deal and the status quo remains.
Which in our situations is Conte staying .
Which means he sees out the remaining 10 games.
Which is bad for the club.

Hopefully you understood this step by step explanation.
Sound man .Appreciate that

Thanks. But then the sentence I've bolded above can surely only mean one of two things:

1. He wants to stay and wants the board to back him further.
2. He wants to leave but wants to blame the board / players for recent lack of success (including in his tenure) to limit any damage to his reputation from what will be perceived by most as a failed project.

What it surely could not mean is that he wants to leave now, but also wants the club to change and succeed after he has gone - as I can't see any reason he would want that, once he leaves he won't care about us, and if he thinks we've not done right by him, if anything he will want us to fail.

Personally I believe it must surely be option 2 above, but can see how some might (whether realistically or just fancifully) still be clinging on to the hope that it's option 1...
Personally, I think it's somewhere in the middle of 2 and (*3). He wants to leave here having done something meaningful (which is very reasonable and a noble human trait). To paraphrase, in way that covers it:

"You've done fuck all in the past 20 years with your current strategy, while the fans pay enormous sums in the hope of catching some glory. But it's denied them. That is in despite of great managers and players coming through; it is partly the mentality, but it is entirely caused by the focus on financial success at the cost of on-field success. You can change the manager and players, you can pay them to shut up and get on with the work, but it will only get you *nearly* there, because money is a weak motivator when you already have a lot of it. However, achievement is not. I can inspire effort, but I cannot inspire belief under these circumstances. I'm not taking one for this team, shit or get off the pot, you bald cunts."

NOTE: I genuinely don't know if ENIC/Levy are largely/partially responsible for the problems or not, but it's a common narrative and one that he seemed to imply. I think they've made mistakes are crucial times and I don't know if they've made any big ones since Conte took over (but he certainly has), since they seem to have tried to back him, to some degree. But assuming our fan base isn't 100% idiots or being lead by the nose by agent provocateurs, like some Brexit/WengerOut lobbyist trolls, I'll just go with the narrative.

BTW, I don't have any issue with him dragging Chavs into court, you make a deal, you honour it. He delivered for them, so he deserved his pay. If he doesn't deliver here, he should get what he's owed and no more.

It would be unthinkable to have him come back, we’re a clown show
Can't see it happening. Tuesday will just be the arbitrary return day set when he left before the Intl break.

It's an easy click hunt for the journalist.

Can def see it dragging on late into Monday tho. Total shit show.

Ali Gold said in his latest video that Conte took Chelsea to the cleaners in court when he got fired. Levy is who he is and will not tolerate that happening to Spurs, even if it means completely fucking with the stability of the playing squad.

Guess we find out tomorrow. gold said he often takes breaks back to Italy during internationals so it isn't all that unusual.

so he should report back tomorrow I believe
Plus I imagine he had a follow up appointment at the Dr after his surgery!!!! Plus a trip to the barbers for a trim... :contehandshead:

Almost but not quite - I actually said "Presumably the problem is that both he and Levy are tough negotiators who don't want to give an inch...", i.e. negotiations will be difficult, but not necessarily impossible, they may just take time.

I agree that it would be worse for the club than for Conte if no agreement is reached, however it will be better for both if an agreement is reached, so it may well be that they will reach in agreement in time, but it will be slow progress because they are both tough negotiators. That's the point I was trying to make.

or maybe the club knows that the best possibility to get top4 is to continue with conte
Continue witha coach who doesn't want to be here, who in prime time tv threw his players under a bus. Who most probably lost the players in the process. I don't think this is even remotely the best possibility of reaching top 4. Probably the worst. Maybe appointing Steve Bruce as
Interim manager would be worse now that I'm giving it a thought.

This is all getting a bit weird.

You mean the manager situ or the Fritzel vibes from the weirdo?

If you mean the former; there's an unprecedented amount of bollocks being chatted by the twitter wannabes and tabloids (particularly about Conte & Naggelsmann's contracts).

Most likely no-one knows a fucking thing and as usual plenty of fans are reacting without thinking things through properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom