Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Club Statement continued:

"Stellini and Mason will take charge for the remainder of the season because Bayern want a fee for Nagelsmann and I want to wait and watch him and Poch take the Chelsea and Madrid jobs before I get my powder damp and end up in a mad dash to bring in fat Frank 10 minutes before pre-season starts..."

:levywhoa:
Fat frank fails.
:angryscouser:It’s not levys fault fat frank picked dier at the back. Well done Daniel for sacking him. Bonus or pay rise for that man!

We can announce that Head Coach Antonio Conte has left the Club by mutual agreement. We achieved Champions League qualification in Antonio’s first season at the Club. We thank Antonio for his contribution and wish him well for the future.

Cristian Stellini will take the team as Acting Head Coach for the remainder of the season, along with Ryan Mason as Assistant Head Coach.

Daniel Levy, Chairman: “We have 10 Premier League games remaining and we have a fight on our hands for a Champions League place. We all need to pull together. Everyone has to step up to ensure the highest possible finish for our Club and amazing, loyal supporters.”

Big surprise.

The carrot of Nagelsmann must have been too much for Levy.

Anyway.....thanks Conte.......don't let the door hit your arse on the way out....

But also thank you Conte for speaking some home truths......let's see what the reaction is.
Do you honestly believe Conte's rant will change the way Levy has run Spurs for 2 decades?

Club Statement continued:

"Stellini and Mason will take charge for the remainder of the season because it turns out Bayern want a fee for Nagelsmann, and so I prefer to wait and watch him and Poch take the Chelsea and Madrid jobs before I get my powder damp and end up in a mad dash to bring in fat Frank 10 minutes before pre-season starts..."

:levywhoa:
Lol, Madrid ain't hiring a manager that couldn't win the CL with Neymar, Messi, and Mbappe.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

He said some big truths that the club needed to hear. Sure, the part where he asked for time and patience was hypocritical since he wasn't going to sign a new contract, but apart from that he was spot on.
The top 4 run last season was unthinkable when he took over.

All in all, he leaves us in a much better position than when he found us, so I'll be thankful to him for that.
I am questioning his behaviour not achievement. His rants overshadows everything else.

Conte had to go and I wont miss his shitty negative football, but for anyone celebrating this as a win and letting that cunt Levy deflect the spotlight away from himself yet again its time to wakeup to the root cause.
Until that man goes this club is going nowhere fast.

A good outcome, I think. Stellini has shown he is very capable of managing this squad and making even the bare minimum of changes to adapt to the games, and Mason will continue to grow in an assistant role.

Plenty of time to iron out the details with Nagelsmann, Slot or Poch.

Levy next.

Conte had to go and I wont miss his shitty negative football, but for anyone celebrating this as a win and letting that cunt Levy deflect the spotlight away from himself yet again its time to wakeup to the root cause.
Until that man goes this club is going nowhere fast.
Well then we're going nowhere fast. Doesn't matter how often or loud you grumble, Levy is going to still be running Spurs a decade from now. Water is wet, the sky is blue, and as far as changing Spurs' ownership, there's fuck all anyone can do.

I still don't get why anyone buys into what Conte said as him wanting to force the club into changing. I'd have more respect for him if he extended his contract over the winter break and then came out with a statement like that. This was just arse covering 101.

In the end if we're going nowhere then I'd rather we go nowhere while watching entertaining football rather than what we've been watching this entire season.

"Mutual consent"

Can see this being effectively gardening leave, Conte (in my opinion) needs a break what with the health troubles he's had and multiple deaths. We pay him to sit in Italy away from the squad, Stellini sees out his contract as number 1. We've already seen the squad are receptive to him. The board get a few months to negotiate with the new manager to come in for preseason. Seems the best out of a bad situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom