Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I agree with you about Enrique, saying it's 'Poch or nobody' is utter nonsense. So if we don't get Poch, we have no-one?

Sit down lol
There are plenty of options, and many more that could do well that we probably don't even know (How many of us were really aware of the Brighton manager before he took over?), I think a lot view Poch as the safe option due to familiarity, as much as I'd take him over the current situation I think it would basically be a coin toss as to whether it worked out well or not.

What's the problem with this?

Not ex-Chelsea so that's a plus, as far as I know he has a reputation of implementing an attacking style, and could be wrong but has been pretty successful with it at the clubs he's managed hasn't he?

Is it just that you now feel that Poch is the only answer?

Don't get me wrong, I'd bite your hand off to have Poch in the dugout this weekend, however that's a reflection of the sorry state of affairs at Spurs right now, not that he is the be all and end all.

Needs elite specific players to make it work just like Conte and Jose before him. Tuchel and Luis Enrique are the idiot choices as they won’t fit the club. We get them we will be back here in 12-18 months saying the same shit we said about Jose and Conte waiting for the termination.

That they are being discussed shows how dumb we are.

Sticks to the same formation whether it works or not
Sticks to playing Son for 90 minutes week after week when he's dogshit
Refuses to play Spence, Bissouma, Richarlison, Damjuma even when it's not working on the pitch
Plays Moura when he has no future at the club and is shit
Brings Sanchez on when we need a goal

Still has a job. Probably doesn't know why.
What else does he have to do to get sacked?

What The Hell Hello GIF by StoryMe

I saw the end of this month. Has to be this season as it also includes Juve's 15 pt deduction.
that could be the deciding factor in all of this TBH. If Paratici and Conte went at the end of the month it give the board time to decide what's next, and probably saves some money. I'm not saying it is right but likely.

If we keep a DOF structure, then the DOF really should pick the new manager they want to work with. If Levy makes the manager appointment it undermines the DOF and is a recipe for disaster. If we appoint a new manager before a new DOF then that's also a bad move

I like his enthusiasm and that he's vested in the games, and a DOF to run the footballing side to remove Levy was/is the correct choice. But Paratici has always seemed a bit slimly, like he has small hands and a limp handshake.

I don't really want a DOF deciding how we are going to play, sure structure the club, youth development, manage transfers, player contracts and scouting but don't pick a manager based on how you want to play. Pick one who has the same values and vision of the club. Nuno and Conte have been horrid.
That's not a problem with the DoF choosing the style of football though, just a problem that our DoF seems to have chosen a garbage style of football! Style of football seems intrinsically linked to a lot of the other factors you want him to oversee tbh, so whilst not essential, it would be pretty handy for the incumbent to be stylistically aligned with the desire of the club/fans.

Paratici from day 1 seemed like such an odd choice for us, and I'd wager that Levy's footballing peabrain was blinded by the fact that he could get the guy from Juve to join us, just as he was starstruck by Jose despite much evidence that his powers were on the wain by the time he was willing to consider us.

We all know conte is goading the club to sack him. How much will it cost thats the question nobody knows. I think him going personally would be best now if we have a chance of anything someone else or even mason changing it round a bit might just claw a bit back. Conte has lost the plot and some players

Needs elite specific players to make it work just like Conte and Jose before him. Tuchel and Luis Enrique are the idiot choices as they won’t fit the club. We get them we will be back here in 12-18 months saying the same shit we said about Jose and Conte waiting for the termination.

That they are being discussed shows how dumb we are.
I don't know a ton about him, I thought his reputation aside from Barca was decent enough tbh but admittedly I don't follow football outside of Spurs as much as I did when I was younger, but on style of play alone at least he would be one up over them surely?

Or do you think his coaching was solely reliant on having world class attacking players? Would he at least get us playing nice football, if not trophy winning success?

Personally I could handle us hovering around top 4 rather than title challenging, so long as I actually enjoyed watching us play.

Kane did have 2 good chances to score against Milan.
I know Kane has “gone missing” in our biggest games when, as our talisman, he could be doing more.

But I think I give him a bit of leeway because without him, I honestly don’t know how bad we’d be.

He’s popped up and scored winners for us many times when it looked like we were going to plod along to another draw.

If he goes to a team where everyone contributes evenly, his value would be higher.

I just feel bad for him.

I don't know a ton about him, I thought his reputation aside from Barca was decent enough tbh but admittedly I don't follow football outside of Spurs as much as I did when I was younger, but on style of play alone at least he would be one up over them surely?

Or do you think his coaching was solely reliant on having world class attacking players? Would he at least get us playing nice football, if not trophy winning success?

Personally I could handle us hovering around top 4 rather than title challenging, so long as I actually enjoyed watching us play.

He is often compared to Pep. He did really well at Barca but had the best of the best, I thought his Spain team was mixed and could be boring. Unless we are going in the market for Gavi, De Jong etc not sure we would have the technical players to meet his needs. It’s a high risk, maybe more than Jose or Conte.

Hi guys, hope you’re all doing well. While many of you will probably remember me for posting videos on Spurs’ new signing on here, I thought I’d share my take on the Antonio Conte situation and why he needs to go immediately for those interested. As an outsider looking in, I was certain he would have you challenging for the title last summer, so to see things unravel in the manner is staggering. Let me know what you think, based on what I've been reading in this thread, I'm very much in the majority.

He is often compared to Pep. He did really well at Barca but had the best of the best, I thought his Spain team was mixed and could be boring. Unless we are going in the market for Gavi, De Jong etc not sure we would have the technical players to meet his needs. It’s a high risk, maybe more than Jose or Conte.
So your saying he wouldn't turn Hoj into Xavi, Sess into Jordi Alba or Dier into Pique on the training ground then?

:dier:

Hi guys, hope you’re all doing well. While many of you will probably remember me for posting videos on Spurs’ new signing on here, I thought I’d share my take on the Antonio Conte situation and why he needs to go immediately for those interested. As an outsider looking in, I was certain he would have you challenging for the title last summer, so to see things unravel in the manner is staggering. Let me know what you think, based on what I've been reading in this thread, I'm very much in the majority.

I'm sure it's a good video, the others all have been.
But we all know he needs to be sacked. He should have been sacked before he brought Sanchez on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom