Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be fine with that for the remainder of the season
I reckon if he gets the gig for the rest of the season and it doesn't turn into a clusterfuck, he'll stick with him for the following season as well.

Apparently he's well thought of as a coach and he's had the opportunity to learn from and adapt the stuff he's seen from Poch, Mourinho, Conte - hopefully stealing the good stuff and binning the bad.

I don't doubt that his survival through those tenures has been because Levy has insisted on it - and with that in mind, it's probably because he wants to give him and extended try out.

I think it's more Paratici TBH. Poch doesn't want a DoF, Paratici probably doesn't want Poch. Paratici will have to be sacked at some expense

Paratici may have to be sacked in a month anyway.

.....Think his contract is up for renewal this summer too.

Come on Daniel...

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

do it jewish GIF

Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

I reckon if he gets the gig for the rest of the season and it doesn't turn into a clusterfuck, he'll stick with him for the following season as well.

Apparently he's well thought of as a coach and he's had the opportunity to learn from and adapt the stuff he's seen from Poch, Mourinho, Conte - hopefully stealing the good stuff and binning the bad.

I don't doubt that his survival through those tenures has been because Levy has insisted on it - and with that in mind, it's probably because he wants to give him and extended try out.

I can't see it, to be honest. I think more likely he'd go take charge of a smaller club. But I wouldn't be against it if he did well for the rest of this season.

Good luck to the bloke!

I can't see it, to be honest. I think more likely he'd go take charge of a smaller club. But I wouldn't be against it if he did well for the rest of this season.

Good luck to the bloke!
Stellini has namechecked him a couple of times this season, so I don't think he's too unpopular.

Yeah, it would be nice to see an old boy do well, with us or even elsewhere, building up the experience.

I don't believe Paratici is having a role in this. Why would Levy involve him, he didn't with appointing Conte, so why would he do it now? Levy is too power crazed to let anyone else againmake the huge decision of appointing the next manager. He did that once with Nuno and we saw what happened there. Paratici is on the way out one way or another so I think the mention of him by the media is cursory and it is all on Levy who we go for.

2 things.....

Paratici was portrayed as having a significant part in convincing Conte to come here after he'd already said no originally.

If Fab wins his appeal there's every chance that he sticks around.

Whilst I agree with you about Enrique, saying it's 'Poch or nobody' is utter nonsense. So if we don't get Poch, we have no-one?

Sit down lol

Yeh, crap like this is on par with "It doesn't matter who it is......."

Of course it matters! ....Or perhaps these same people wouldn't bat an eyelid if we got Lampard or Ian Holloway?

......Same people saying that are guaranteed to be amongst those up in arms about Enrique too.

Last edited:
So one manager down, nine more to go this afternoon.

Antonio Conte's future at Tottenham is talk of the town. The Italian will be providing us with quotes after 13:30 GMT.

Just out of interest, what would 'I'm done' mean for you?
Instead of watching every game and taking a vested interest in the club, I'll probably just become a casual fan, watching the odd big game but doing other things with my life. Might have to take up a hobby. Fishing?

I don't care about us winning anything, never have done tbh. It would be nice and all that but back when I started watching Spurs we were generally fun to watch, if not a bit chaotic/dogshit at times. That theme carried on up until we signed Mourinho. Since then watching us has been one giant punch in the testicles after another. It might make me a shit fan, and that's fair enough. But I actually want to enjoy watching us play, if I don't then I'd rather do something else with my time.

My grandad took me to my first game back when I was 9 or 10, Chelsea away. We lost, Chelsea fans were doing their gas chamber hissing/ nazi salutes and I got hit by a bottle (I didn't understand why at the time), we played like shit and we walked to the train station in the rain. I asked him why do we support Tottenham? He just replied "it's character building". Unfortunately, I don't have the strength of character to put up with the absolute farce our club has become. I really hope things change though. But yeah, any more giant missteps and I'm gonna take a break.

Conte's position has been in jeopardy for months, they should have seen this coming and had their contingencies in place.

I think that they have but lack the bottle or will to initiate them

Another scenario might be that they have already offered it to Poch who is hedging his bets re the RM job

I don’t want Poch (love him, just don’t think it would work).

Enrique is an excellent manager but he is used to working with an entirely different calibre of player. So we would lurch from a manager who doesn’t want us to have the ball to a manager who never wants us to let go it. Our players aren’t good enough. We also don’t press.

He’d be gone within 18 months. He’s interested because it’s a payday.

I’d like to see us take a risk with someone like Kompany. Or Carrick for that matter.
Enrique also didnt pick any real madrid players for the euros. So I dont trust him to not be biased with his team selections with players he knows/likes regardless of form. We already have Conte who does that.

He got knocked out in the first knock out round at the world cup. Not a fan.

I'd also rather go for Kompany/Carrick..or Poch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom