Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Refreshing, he knows his done so might as spill some cold truths. Rate him for that

Alot of The players are selfish cowards.
And the structure of the club is set up for failure on the pitch and has been since enic took command

We'll always be losers with ENIC no matter whos the coach

I don't rate the majority of the players as selfish cowards.

I rate most of them as has-beens who are content to remain with the only club they could play for in the premier league, as they'd been let go from any other respectable club long ago.

In my past life we'd call them short timers. They're seeing the end of their service coming up, and are content to go through the motions and collect the checks for as long as it lasts, but the hunger and desire are gone and if you want someone who will fight for their life you've got the wrong one.

He can still resign the chairmanship. Joe is the main owner and he doesn’t give a fuck.
We can but hope I suppose. And at the end of the day, the ENIC model will still be in place. I just can't see him relinquishing control while he has the power to hold on to it.

We can but hope I suppose. And at the end of the day, the ENIC model will still be in place. I just can't see him relinquishing control while he has the power to hold on to it.

We can fix a lot with a new chairman who brings in a clear long term vision like what Woolwich and Brighton have got. We will never have that under Levy.

I can't even bring myself to sing "He's one of our own" anymore. Dont' get me wrong, I love the guy for what he's done and does for us, but that summer where he basically told Levy what Pep has whispered in his ear did it for me. Yes he'll be a legend to me, but it will always be tainted now.
Exactly my thoughts as well.

If he's not gone by the next training session...... That session is going to be a doozie!

Oh to be a fly on the wall

Conte: "Yes I know I said you're all selfish wankers, but I didn't mean YOU......."

If you meant 'top player' I would agree, if you actually meant 'top professional', then no. You're wrong IMO.

He was right to try and engineer a move away. Look at what Bale and Modric achieved away from this place. Kane knows he is better than this, just like Modric when he wanted to go to Chelsea, or Berbatov forcing his move to Utd.

He's a top professional, he's scored over 20 league goals this season for a middling team that he doesn't want to be at any more. Yet he's still doing his job to a high level.

Or could be a good boy like Son, sign the big extension and do fuck all on the pitch. But no Neville interview, so top bloke and a great pro.

He was right to try and engineer a move away. Look at what Bale and Modric achieved away from this place. Kane knows he is better than this, just like Modric when he wanted to go to Chelsea, or Berbatov forcing his move to Utd.

He's a top professional, he's scored over 20 league goals this season for a middling team that he doesn't want to be at any more. Yet he's still doing his job to a high level.

Or could be a good boy like Son, sign the big extension and do fuck all on the pitch. But no Neville interview, so top bloke and a great pro.
Or he could set the standard and make his teammates fall in line? As is expected of the club captain and talisman.

I love Kane. But he has failed just as much at instilling a top club culture at Spurs as Levy has.

Or he could set the standard and make his teammates fall in line? As is expected of the club captain and talisman.

I love Kane. But he has failed just as much at instilling a top club culture at Spurs as Levy has.
He supposed to make Dier a good defender, or give hojbjerg the ability to run? Or give Son an ounce of bottle?

He sets the standard by doing his job every week, which is to finish chances. If the rest of the calamitous fucks did their job to the same degree, we would be top of the league.

He supposed to make Dier a good defender, or give hojbjerg the ability to run? Or give Son an ounce of bottle?

He sets the standard by doing his job every week, which is to finish chances. If the rest of the calamitous fucks did their job to the same degree, we would be top of the league.
He is supposed to lead them. To push, to motivate. To set the standard. That's his role in the team and he is falling short in that regard.

We know that more or less the entire team are underperforming and are better players than they are showing. It is the role of the captain to help establish and set a culture where winning and competing every week matters.

I always like to use Tim Duncan as an example when discussing this. There are individually better basketball players than Tim (who was a great player in his own right, arguably the best in his position). But Tim excelled as a leader and captain. He established a culture at the San Antonio Spurs that turned them into one of the greatest basketball franchises ever. And he made every teammate that played with him better. Players stepped up when they became a teammate of Tim Duncan.

That's Kane's role at Spurs. He's a great individual player. But to me he doesn't pass the leadership test. He doesn't motivate, he doesn't lead by example. That's something that he has to work on if he wants to win titles anywhere, let alone at Spurs.

Because we have put Kane in positions to win trophies. And more often than not he goes just as radio silent as the rest of them when put to the test.

He is supposed to lead them. To push, to motivate. To set the standard. That's his role in the team and he is falling short in that regard.

We know that more or less the entire team are underperforming and are better players than they are showing. It is the role of the captain to help establish and set a culture where winning and competing every week matters.

I always like to use Tim Duncan as an example when discussing this. There are individually better basketball players than Tim (who was a great player in his own right, arguably the best in his position). But Tim excelled as a leader and captain. He established a culture at the San Antonio Spurs that turned them into one of the greatest basketball franchises ever. And he made every teammate that played with him better. Players stepped up when they became a teammate of Tim Duncan.

That's Kane's role at Spurs. He's a great individual player. But to me he doesn't pass the leadership test. He doesn't motivate, he doesn't lead by example. That's something that he has to work on if he wants to win titles anywhere, let alone at Spurs.

Because we have put Kane in positions to win trophies. And more often than not he goes just as radio silent as the rest of them when put to the test.
It takes 11 players doing their job to win trophies. Kane has played shit in some finals, and been half fit for a couple of them. But he is the only player we have who does his job week after week. The others don't follow his example because they don't have it in them and nobody can change that. Jose couldn't, Conte can't. John Terry said he'd run through a wall for Mourinho. We have a bunch of soppy cunts like Dier milling about, you can't polish a turd.

I don't think Kane is a leader and I don't think that's his role, there's just nobody else. I'm not a yank but I like the NBA - Kane is more Kevin Durant than Tim Duncan. He's a scorer, not a leader. But in a proper team, he'll win trophies.

He can still resign the chairmanship. Joe is the main owner and he doesn’t give a fuck.

Agreed, but what’s the incentive for either Levy or Lewis for him to step down? From Lewis’ perspective Levy is damn near perfect. The problem is that Lewis doesn’t give a fuck about the football itself, and they have made so much money on their investment that it’s crazy.

Only if you had an owner that cared about footballing success could you envision Levy stepping or being forced down.

Agreed, but what’s the incentive for either Levy or Lewis for him to step down? From Lewis’ perspective Levy is damn near perfect. The problem is that Lewis doesn’t give a fuck about the football itself, and they have made so much money on their investment that it’s crazy.

Only if you had an owner that cared about footballing success could you envision Levy stepping or being forced down.
I fear that those who say the stadium is the end game for Enic are right and that, as a result, we are stuck with the cunts.

It's not sad. It's perfect. Levy needed this from a manager years ago, all the way back to Jol. Conte is a problem, but he's not the problem. ENIC is.

This is not going to pan out in the manner you (and many others) are romanticising it to.

It's not going to force ENIC to sell.
It's not going to force Lewis to spend more money.
.....And the fact that Conte has essentially just fast-tracked his exit just means that some of the players you'd like to see gone will now get a(nother) fresh start under the next manager.

Last edited:
Listening to what he had to say, does make you think that Spurs must be the absolute dream team for a certain type of player.

London, amazing stadium, good pay, not a great deal of pressure and as long as you turn up, you’re set for a good few years.

I don’t think any player that is truly, *truly* ambitious would entertain us.
100%

I've felt this was the case for a long time now.

He has actually gone up in my estimations after watching that video.

Let's be real - without a complete root and branch overhaul of this squad, the next manager will come in and there will be a brief rally before we become a laughing stock again. The same players have been embarassing us for years.

Conte will go on and win things elsewhere, he's not become a bad manager overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom