Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are going to keep him around still, then the only reason I can imagine is to not let him walk away scot free. We have already accepted our fate for the season and not going to let him get off that easy where he can just sling arrows from the outside. He’ll have to slag through each miserable week to the next as the ship goes down with him at the helm. Let him have to endure press conference after press conference and be the face of an 8th place finish.

If it weren’t so reckless and stupid, I’d actually enjoy it.

Unlikely as it feels; there's always the outside possibility that they've 'heard' him and have pledged to let him rip it up and do things his way................

Nothing would suprise me any longer..

The point is though; we still had what it takes to get over the line..........

87 FA Cup final is the marker.

For every recent cup fuck up the 87 cup final loss to Coventry is the epitome of Sp**sy........ We had them ridiculously outgunned in terms of quality, yet still conspired to lose after going ahead twice and eventually went down to an OG in extra time.

GK1England Ray Clemence
RB2Republic of Ireland Chris Hughton
downward-facing red arrow
97'
LB3England Mitchell Thomas
MF4England Steve Hodge
CB5Scotland Richard Gough (c)
CB6England Gary Mabbutt
CF7England Clive Allen
MF8England Paul Allen
MF9England Chris Waddle
MF10England Glenn Hoddle
MF11Argentina Ossie Ardiles
downward-facing red arrow
91'
Yeah, that one broke my heart. I had never seen Spurs lose a final before this and I thought we only had to show up. Probably a turning point.
Gough was one of my favorite players.

Probably didn’t have a team as good as this again for another 20+ years.

Unlikely as it feels; there's always the outside possibility that they've 'heard' him and have pledged to let him rip it up and do things his way................

Nothing would suprise me any longer..
I guess It could be a possibility, but I would be incredibly shocked. It would be easily the most incompetent thing Levy has ever done. So, not outside the realm of possibility.

But you stand by the suggestion that he is the BEST option to be in the dugout at the start of next season?
If he wanted to be here and hadn’t lost his mind post game yes, but alas none of those things are true and he now he does have to go.

Small margins though, if they make the correct call on the VAR we’re in 3rd right now. Now we’d be mental not to sack him. It’s funny though I remember when Nuno got sacked I made a thread saying ‘when does Conte get sacked’ - because I knew at one point with the way Levy is it would blow up and end in tears no matter what. Got absolutely pelted for it.

Everything Conte said rings true. Same for Mourinho.

There is a poor culture amongst the players.

Root cause? The players think they are 'better' than Spurs and aren't willing to break their backs as they see this as a stepping stone to their next club.

So why don't out players 'love the club'. Clearly there is a culture at the club that is rotten. This has to come from senior management and the board - if the players and staff don't like Levy and Co, they sure as hell aren't going to kill themselves to win a trophy for them.

For me the bottom line is this...

Imagine a factory manager who uses the mass media to slag off his workers, his CEO and his customers.

It wouldn't matter if he was partly or wholly right, he'd be sacked immediately.

Last edited:
Oh "just a flask of tomato soup", what about the cheese and cucumber sandwiches you fucking scab.

It's no wonder we haven't won a trophy in over 2 decades is it? With "fans" like you who needs Conte's?
The unprecedented development of the capitalist economy and the attenuation of crises during the thirty years which followed in the Occident the end of the Second World War, the collapse of the false “communisms” in the East, the rise and development of new capitalist countries on all continents, and, last but not least, the interminable counter-revolution which, from the 1920s onwards, reduced the influence of revolutionary communism to a shadow of its former self, made it easy to believe that the capitalist system was here to stay.
In the first quarter of the 21st Century, the cheese and cucumber (latterly tomato) sandwich is laying waste to those fears. The quintissential proletariate tool in the re-emergant struggle against the evils of capitalism, the sliced and the buttered has replaced the hammer and the sickle.

PHcwCcI.png

POWER TO THE SARNIE

They have the same mentality. No need to work, no need to run, no need to do anything. This approach ended Dele's career and is ending our trophy dreams and CL runs every season. Even though I LOVE Kane and Son most of the time they got ball near the box shooting is all they care about. It wasn't this obvious some time ago(and their numbers let us ignore this). Son's bumbling around most of the time pretending to do covering runs or pressing, Kane doesn't even pretend to press. Fucking Milner looks like 20 year old compared to them. With manager that likes to blame others for failures it's a recipe for a disaster. And every third game is a disaster this season. Conte shares a lot of responsibility for this, but do you think he tells them to play this way? Skipp runs from midfield to press goalie which forces him to go long or play fast, hopefully innacurate ball to defender, and how do we go with this, do we get near these defenders to capitalise in case they do some kind of shit? Nah, bumbling. As sad as it sounds, if Kane had better mindset he'd be gone already.

Some fair points but I don’t believe that applied to Dele who, imv, was burnt out physically prematurely!

I honestly think this International break is the perfect time for him to go...
If he's still here by the Brighton match, then I feel/fear he'll stay and see the season out... then fuck off!

As it is, Levy has the relative 'calm' distraction of getting someone in and giving them a few clear weeks to get going.... and then fuck off!!!

In an ideal world... Levy would be spending the next 2 weeks getting the paperwork sorted to sell up completely... but we all know that's not gonna happen!
...it's more likely he'll get the number of Conte's weave maker, and turn up in a fortnight sporting a new 'look'!!

They probably need to hold an emergency board meeting. I'm thinking it's taking place about now on Teams, Zoom or like. And before 2pm he's out, If they don't want the replacement ready before they announce it? Then it could be 5 pm. Get Bielsa in as caretaker. Make the players sweat a bit

They probably need to hold an emergency board meeting. I'm thinking it's taking place about now on Teams, Zoom or like. And before 2pm he's out, If they don't want the replacement ready before they announce it? Then it could be 5 pm. Get Bielsa in as caretaker. Make the players sweat a bit
These players don't want to sweat. That's the problem. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom