Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so, sadly. Otherwise we'd move for Poch right away. The fact that we're giving the job to Mase means that our target is currently in a job and we have to wait till the summer to get him. The only manager that I wouldn't be mad of getting instead from Poch is Nagelsmann.
I'm not sure he would take it with ten games left. Think about it all that would do is weaken his negotiating position. He has zero to gain taking us now. Let Mason who loves him take it get the lie of the land with Kane Mason's best pal and if we get ECL all good. If we don't he gets the clean slate. He'd be mad to come in and risk missing out on top 4 as his first act. He will want a preseason supprised you don't see it. I genuinely think it more likely if we go for Mason. So cheer up!

Heard from someone inside the club that he’s gone tomorrow or, indeed, he might not be according to my source whom I am protecting.

How’s that?
Those ITK's are hilarious. I was on there a few weeks ago and one user made a joke about one of the ITK's and they had a rant about how unappreciated they are and reported that person to the admin to ban him and said that he was never posting ITK on there ever again.

I'm not sure he would take it with ten games left. Think about it all that would do is weaken his negotiating position.

If he comes in now; one would assume he'd already have locked his deal down; not agree to some sort of trial basis that left it pending til the summer.

I always thought ITK was when you know someone in the club who tells you something interesting once in a while that may or may not be true.

Not some random person on the internet who is apparently important enough to get briefed every fucking week by someone in the club.

Not to get into a pissing match but my source did actually (or maybe didn’t in order to protect them) pass on the info at 9.45 pm.
Completely new contact via third party so I’ll be interested to see if it happens ( or doesn’t happen.
Don't forget you intentionally waited until it was everywhere online to protect your source.

I always thought ITK was when you know someone in the club who tells you something interesting once in a while that may or may not be true.

Not some random person on the internet who is apparently important enough to get briefed every fucking week by someone in the club.
There was a bloke over on Spurs Od who knew the club dentist, not sure he ever passed on any relevant info - was branded ITK there though.

Ryan Mason 1/9 to take over.
And if Mason had an ounce of sense he would say no.

And does no one recall Aston Villa @ home under this clown ? For fuck sake wake up and smell the camel shit. Mason managed to fuck up to the extent that we finished below West Ham and into the Fucking conference league.

He was not a success. He led directly into a summer of such abject misery that we were begging to bring Nuno into the club.

This is as daft as having a squad player like Dier become the key to your defence. Actually no, Dier is an international player. With some standing in the game. Mason was a bang average player who Levy and Poch fucked off to Hull.

This is bloody madness.

Over the last four years, I think I’ve gotten four juicy tidbits with a lead time of less than 24 hours.
Of those, two came out of absolutely nowhere whereas the other two were confirmation of rumors that were already circulating and my source was someone who worked inside the club — not there anymore — so that tells you how tight things are.

Mason was a bang average player who Levy and Poch fucked off to Hull.
This somehow supposes that great players make great managers and average players don’t.
Three of the greatest managers in the game — Clough, Michels and Mourinho— have 7 caps between them. Ancelotti’s international career, although better, was hardly stellar as I recall.

Maybe Hoddle wasn’t a great manager because he expected players like Ryan Mason to be able to do things that came easy to him — and they couldn’t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom