Have we signed Frank de Boer yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whats the score, Frank de Boer?

• Total voters
They had 7 Premier League games in December and won 1 of them. Runs like that in this day and age will always have you on the ropes, though I agree he should have been given more time. Particularly when they replace him with Garry Monk!

But back to my original point, I see Laudrup as not too different from De Boer, with relative inexperience in a lesser European Leagues (Laudrup did have some good times with Getafe mind). And if FdB is as inconsistent as Michael, I suspect our fan base will be no happier than it has been the last couple years.

I would still love to see Bielsa at The Lane. Fantastic manager, plays some sublime football.

For some reason he always takes the reigns at Spurs on FM (at least when I play)

Not even Sports Interactive were insane enough to make the code allow Sherwood a go on the Levycoaster

For some reason he always takes the reigns at Spurs on FM (at least when I play)

Not even Sports Interactive were insane enough to make the code allow Sherwood a go on the Levycoaster
And FM is never wrong. :holtbytongue:

And how long in the game does the overlord give him in the gig?

And how long in the game does the overlord give him in the gig?

Dunno, think its normally quite a while. Don't get me wrong, I'm giving it no credibility whatsoever!

Just one of those weird things that happen in it. Spurs normally also sign Nani quite early on.

Like I say, PC games can be that far off reality without even Sherwood getting a go! lol

Had to reach down below the Etienne Capoue thread to find this for goodness sake! Here we go kids it's FdB time....

Unless he goes to Barca.... Oh forget it then!!!

:avbcringe:

Can get him in after he wins the title again, not that we care but its a smooth break as Bergkamp takes over at Ajax with little disruption. That means we can get him in EARLY to get feet under table and deal with all the players not going to the world cup.

He is not scared of going out of his comfort zone having played in Scotland and Middle East, been a winner in most places he has gone, is properly connected with people throughout Europe, of course there are always massive chances to fail at Tottenham but I am sure he is young enough, hungry enough to take our squad by the balls and give Tottenham and the premier league a go, a good size club for him after Ajax and we can get him on a 3yr + deal initially

PLUS HE KNOWS HOW TO PLAY LEFT BACK OR WHAT IT TAKES TO PLAY THERE! Give him a shirt!

pleb pleb the most important bit is he can play left back

I think so, if you look at the original posts there is a compelling argument, I would love to see it so probably won't happen
Levy must have a fall back list of managers in case LVG does not sign, De Boer in the top 3 or 4 maybe?

Think this one is another red herring to be honest.
He's won things at Ajax but has no experience outside of that. Reeks of another 'project' that will take time and patience. Something we are unlikely to give him. I would rather take Benitez for now.

I would rather take Benitez

1096.gif

Back
Top Bottom