Have we signed Mateo Musacchio yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rated by who though? I love a stat, but comparing players with just figures is not feasible in my eyes.

I'd like to know if anyone saw him for a significant portion of his 'Player of the season' season?

Our manager who is Argentinian, coached in La Liga and played center back probably did and consequently it seems like he desperately wants him.

Rated by who though? I love a stat, but comparing players with just figures is not feasible in my eyes.

I'd like to know if anyone saw him for a significant portion of his 'Player of the season' season?

Ha tbh I genuinely have no recollection of where I saw that mentioned. Believe it was in a write-up on the player, and a link I simply didn't pursue.

But I'm curious, why are you so seemingly opposed to this player? Merely inquisitive perhaps? Surely if Poch, who successfully played this fella's very position and has experience in La Liga, rates him then to me I think it'd be folly to question that. For instance, the gridiron team I was born into is legendary for having a constant stock of fantastic defense players. Our coach atm played a specific position in defense, and despite all of our knowledge and experience with good defenders, we STFU and listen when he selects a player for that position.

Likewise, I hardly watch any La Liga at all, so I certainly wouldn't question your knowledge on the subject.

I just wanted to know why suddenly a 17mil spending on a cb not many have heard of

The boy has 139 appearances for Villarreal at the age of 23. Was voted player of the season last year and has been touted by barca and Liverpool (according to the press).

I would spend 100million on this guy if it means not starting with Dawson in the back line.

I just wanted to know why suddenly a 17mil spending on a cb not many have heard of

Does it really matter though? If our coach, who played this player's position, represented Argentina at a WC at the position, played in La Liga, and coached in La Liga rates this player, does what a bunch of English team fans know of him matter in evaluating the player's impact or value?

Does it really matter though? If our coach, who played this player's position, represented Argentina at a WC at the position, played in La Liga, and coached in La Liga rates this player, does what a bunch of English team fans know of him matter in evaluating the player's impact or value?
Apparently, Poch has said he wants him at any price. I trust Poch a lot more than any fan when it comes to choosing players.

Apparently, Poch has said he wants him at any price. I trust Poch a lot more than any fan when it comes to choosing players.

I must admit I feel a bit hypocritical agreeing with you considering my questioning the purpose in buying J Rodriguez this window (which fortunately seems to be looking as though avoided anyway), but this is Poch's position, and a position he did very well at. It was much, much easier to question AVB's choices when he never even kicked a ball professionally. But given Poch's resume, when he wants a specific player, and especially one at his own position, who are we to question him?

I read somewhere today that this guy's not bad in the air, so that makes me feel a bit happier about him. As has been said we ought to be able to trust Poch on this, but then again were all the mid players that Hod bought successes. And he was a better mid than Poch was a defender. Bobby Charlton was better than both of them and his managerial career never took off.

If he signs, his song writes itself lol:

Do you know the mustache man,
The mustache man, the mustache man,
Do you know the mustache man,
Who plays for Tottenham?

Sky gets shit and deservedly so on occasion but they go much further to confirm stories than any other outlet besides maybe the Beeb. I know Bridge said once on twitter that Sky only reports things when they have information from both clubs involved in a transfer. So while it's not exactly breaking news it is slightly comforting to hear it from Sky that we are still grinding towards an agreement.

I read somewhere today that this guy's not bad in the air, so that makes me feel a bit happier about him. As has been said we ought to be able to trust Poch on this, but then again were all the mid players that Hod bought successes. And he was a better mid than Poch was a defender. Bobby Charlton was better than both of them and his managerial career never took off.

Musacchio is supposedly first and foremost a defensive defender. Not defined by his ball playing and technical skills like Vlad and Vertonghen. Instead his strengths seem to be his hard tackling and ability to read the game. Also, I've watched him play in two games and he looked very solid in the air to me. Never looked like a weakness, he's a well-built strong guy.

Musacchio is supposedly first and foremost a defensive defender. Not defined by his ball playing and technical skills like Vlad and Vertonghen. Instead his strengths seem to be his hard tackling and ability to read the game. Also, I've watched him play in two games and he looked very solid in the air to me. Never looked like a weakness, he's a well-built strong guy.
Good stuff, sounds like the kind of CB who will thrive in the Prem. Whereas Vlad, mmm, maybe better on the continent. As for JV, can't make my mind up after last season. Let's hope he shows he is a top class Prem CB this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom