Have we signed Mateo Musacchio yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like anything in life. For example, if you work at a company you start in a small specified department working on something generally with a smaller scope. But as you get promoted, you learn more and more about the workings of the entire company and how everything fits together. While you can speak intelligently about any department in the company it is likely you'll be able to speak most comfortably about the department which you started in because you lived it and experienced it. There's little things you can only learn from having experience in that specific spot.

So IMO, while Pochettino or any manager can coach a whole team and pick a player at any position, he's also spent his whole footballing life playing defender while he's been coaching for a much shorter period. Because of that experience he probably just has a slightly keener eye for a defender because he's amassed more knowledge on being a defender. It's not to say he's weak in other categories just that he has more first hand experience as a defender than as a striker. Everyone in any walk of life has a little bit of a better understanding of something they've done at high level rather than just something they've learned not through first hand experience.
Excellent post. Well put.
:adethumbup:

Seems to run counter to everything else being put out.
Verts and Vlad stay. Kaboul/Dawson up for sale

Well, I don't any of these people know what's going on.

Seeing that Vlad hasn't been in a single training photo and didn;t travel with the team on either preseason trip I would imagine that he is the one heading for the door.

But who knows?

Well, I don't any of these people know what's going on.

Seeing that Vlad hasn't been in a single training photo and didn;t travel with the team on either preseason trip I would imagine that he is the one heading for the door.

But who knows?
nah he just has the back of an 80 year old.

Sky seem to be suggesting that Verts will be leaving once we have signed this chap, I fucking hope not.

I think this is no more than digging for drama since there are no wild sagas this summer. The Bale situation was an absolute European media wet dream, while the Suarez one was over before it even started.

Does it really matter though? If our coach, who played this player's position, represented Argentina at a WC at the position, played in La Liga, and coached in La Liga rates this player, does what a bunch of English team fans know of him matter in evaluating the player's impact or value?
I fully suport the fact that we get what our manager wants, i didnt know it was his desire. Lately weve been getting levys and baldinis players and not always all of them work out. I just got curious because of the price and the fact thatthere isntenough media around him considering the pricetag and the club hes coming.

I think this is no more than digging for drama since there are no wild sagas this summer. The Bale situation was an absolute European media wet dream, while the Suarez one was over before it even started.

Probably, it is their forte. I'll just sleep better as soon as he signs the deal or officially says he is staying.

I don't buy it.

Plus Musacchio is pretty similar to Vlad in his strengths and weaknesses... would make more sense to replace Vlad with him than keep them both.
he had well documented back problems that kept him out for the most of the back end of last season.

Probably, it is their forte. I'll just sleep better as soon as he signs the deal or officially says he is staying.

True that. Resigning both Lloris and Vertonghen to new deals this summer would be massive, if even coups, considering we're in a transitional state yet again.

I fully suport the fact that we get what our manager wants, i didnt know it was his desire. Lately weve been getting levys and baldinis players and not always all of them work out. I just got curious because of the price and the fact thatthere isntenough media around him considering the pricetag and the club hes coming.
I think in this window at least, they are going to be Poch's picks. Presumably Baldini and Levy were happy enough with squad before Poch arrived. This much activity leads me to believe that Poch has identified the 'outs' and has a very big say on the 'ins'.

he had well documented back problems that kept him out for the most of the back end of last season.
Yes, just like Gareth Bale had a well documented... ummm, who the fuck cares what injury last year.. When he missed the US tour it was because of "Visa problems", then Helsinki because of an "injury".

What is documented in the press and what is really going on are often miles different.

Entirely understandable, especially after last summer.

I think in this window at least, they are going to be Poch's picks. Presumably Baldini and Levy were happy enough with squad before Poch arrived. This much activity leads me to believe that Poch has identified the 'outs' and has a very big say on the 'ins'.

I'm hoping it's become a team effort, albeit led by Poch. For instance, I don't think Levy could've convinced Broomfield to return while on the verge of signing for Woolwich to sit and listen to whoever Poch and Baldini decided they wanted. I would be very surprised if Poch has been keeping tabs on Dier to make the decision to bring him to the Prem, while it's been said our scouts have been watching him for quite some time.

To my eyes, the single greatest lesson we learned from last summer, was for the decisions made for transfers to be entirely agreed upon by a "committee" of inputs, with the manager's holding the most weight.

Yes, just like Gareth Bale had a well documented... ummm, who the fuck cares what injury last year.. When he missed the US tour it was because of "Visa problems", then Helsinki because of an "injury".

What is documented in the press and what is really going on are often miles different.
right but there was no reason to blag back problems from Jan to May last year, and as we all know back problems really can go on and on. seems a bit 'conspiracy theory' to suggest they are playing on it now. theres no actual tangible evidence that its being faked.

I think they may have been something to the fact that the back problems appeared after his drunken night out in Romania. I mean, maybe that is what caused them and maybe it caused friction between him and the organization. But he was in and out last year, not just out for one large stretch. Maybe you are right and I am reading in to it too much, and I hope in some ways you are. But when the club goes from a "visa probelm" excuse to uhhhh, "back problem" excuse in 2 weeks time while courting an eerily similar defender it rings the "this guy is getting sold" alarm for me.

nah he just has the back of an 80 year old.

Ledders had the knees of an 8o year old, Rafa had the hamstrings of an 80 year old, Dembele the hips of an 80 year old, Lamela the spine of an 80 year old, kaboul . . . You know where this is going but hey it ain't all bad, they could be that horrible shit Arjen Robben and have the hair of an 80year old!

I could on the other hand imply we have had Dr Nick Riviera on our medical team for a number of years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom