Have we signed Mateo Musacchio yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, 39.5m quid?

tumblr_mwoqc1mi5o1rkag3to1_500.gif

a deal will happen. its in both 3rd parties interests to force it.
Didn't read the article, did you?

By all accounts it's Villareal that wants to do the deal and get it over with, while it's River that's trying to hold us to ransom.

And no, it's not in either party's interest to force a move if they just get squat out of it.

I hope he stays. He's our fastest cb and our most powerful. If his injury days are behind him, we will be throwing away an excellent defender.

Last seasons calamities happened, but only a few were his fault. We need speed at the back.

In fact positions we do fill from this point forward need to be speedsters. From the midfield to strikers we don't have much (usable) pace.

No, you're talking madness. Kaboul and Dawson clearly couldn't even get into the starting lineup at Hull, Palace, Leicester, etc... :nawty:

Didn't read the article, did you?

By all accounts it's Villareal that wants to do the deal and get it over with, while it's River that's trying to hold us to ransom.

And no, it's not in either party's interest to force a move if they just get squat out of it.
well yes its not as simple as i made out, it really comes down to whether River believe they've got the best price/whether his star is shining brightest now/whether another seaon will see his value rise/fall. at the end of the day he's an asset to them but now might just be the right time to realise that asset as fees are currently out of control. obviously they'll try to push it up, or simply stall to encourage other interest.

well yes its not as simple as i made out, it really comes down to whether River believe they've got the best price/whether his star is shining brightest now/whether another seaon will see his value rise/fall. at the end of the day he's an asset to them but now might just be the right time to realise that asset as fees are currently out of control. obviously they'll try to push it up, or simply stall to encourage other interest.

If he comes to us and does well, we won't be his final destination and he would likely be sold on for much more. If they are stubborn and hold out for the suggested release fee he is being limited to a select few clubs, who in all honesty can attract more well known names for lower fees. Although its in their interest to get as much money as they can, its probably not for the best to hold out for that much more, and there is no way Levy will spend the release fee on a defender.

I'm hearing that the dippers are being linked, but I'm pretty sure they can't have that much more in the pot, much less 39m euros.

Lamela should call up River Plate give them an earful!!
or if they are the ones digging their heels in we could pay a couple of million for one of their youth players then loan him back with a 50 pence buy back clause.

Simples. :levywhoa:

Good player but he's been at Villarreal for a few years now and has impressed, but not consistently. Last season was a high point, the season before that he didn't play so well, good season before that etc.

I think anything up to £10m would be fair, £15-£20m would be a high price and anything north of that would be crazybeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom