Have we signed Milan Škriniar yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

0_GettyImages-1228455903.jpg

Looks like an Eastern European Eric Dier.

I am not sure Milenkovic is an upgrade on what we have now and if we are going for a future type CB there are better options than this guy.
There are actual league two CB that are an up grade on Eric Dire and I'm not joking. Take the mid table sides in the EPL Tarkowski that lump at Brigton, Mings all are now what he is. Not three years ago (when Alderweireld was better thsn VVD and he was) right now. I know Jose likes him I like him but he is not up to where we want to be.

There are actual league two CB that are an up grade on Eric Dire and I'm not joking. Take the mid table sides in the EPL Tarkowski that lump at Brigton, Mings all are now what he is. Not three years ago (when Alderweireld was better thsn VVD and he was) right now. I know Jose likes him I like him but he is not up to where we want to be.

Who?

Naming a couple of mid-table EPL CBs that have 30m+ price-tags far from backs up your claim.

I don't think Eric Dier is a particularly good CB, he's a PL level player but I don't think he can be starting week in and out for a side looking to crack the top 4. Milan Skriniar is legitimately one of the best CBs in the Serie A and is only leaving because he doesn't fit ideally with the back 3 that Conte wants to deploy. To me, this is a good opportunity for us to really improve our defense and if the club can afford it, they should go for it.

Current PL squad:

HG (8) - Hart, Doherty, CCV, Davies, Winks, Dele, Kane, Bale
Non-HG (17) - Lloris, Gazzaniga, Aurier, Davinson, Toby, Dier, Foyth, Reguilon, Sissoko, Gedson, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Son, Bergwijn, Lucas, Lamela
U21 (doesn't have to be registered) - Austin, Whiteman, Tanganga, Sessegnon, Cirkin, White, Clarke

If we sign Skriniar, one of the Non-HG players have to drop out, presumably that would be Foyth. But it becomes interesting who drops out if we sign Milik or another foreign backup striker. You could make an argument for a number of these players to drop out, my guess would be Gazzaniga or maybe Aurier leaves by that point.

I think we need both to be fair. Foyth, Rose and a couple others out, Škriniar in and Milik would be delightful.
If you watched us Sunday then you will realise our need for a CB is a priority, along with another striker if we want to compete in all competitions as a big club should then it has to be done.
I can't see us getting a striker and a CB without sales first rose 5m, Foyth 10m. Leeds haven't followed up on their interest of Foyth yet.

Back
Top Bottom