Have we signed Milan Škriniar yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That may be so, but a couple of things come to mind. What costs are we saving in order to fund these extra(?) wages?
We've lost Eriksen (in january) and Vertonghen (in August). Danny Rose will be leaving the club before October. All big wages, for sure. Wanyama left during last season, Foyth is probably leaving now.

Skirnar Toby first choice and Sanchez and Dier backup is very nice. Throw Tanganga in there also to displace Dier or Toby and it's great.

Just need a backup striker and a actual DM next and the squad is legit perfect

Conte is a big fan and probably suits there back 3 more then skrinier. Serie a is slower paced too. I would take it. Toby has one more good season left imo and how much would we get for him say next year. Doesn't mess up hq too.
I would not be upset if Toby went the other way, but Sanchez better play next to Škriniar if that happens, not Dier.

But it will be Dier.

People acting like Levy didn't spend a lot last summer is amusing, but we didn't spend anything the previous summer in 2018, so it balanced out.

I said at the beginning of the window that Levy could spend around £50m net without much issue and if these rumors are true that is where we are going to end up.
If we sign Skriniar it will end up far more than that, we're on 43m net spend right now (plus Bale and Hart). Doubt we will be able to get the amount of money in to recoup Skriniar's fee, not to mention we are hopefully after a new striker. Would be amazing to see us show that much ambition.

For me a striker should be our first priority, it is probably unrealistic to be hoping for us to get in a striker and Skriniar without selling off some players (that is not including the guys who we are actively looking to get rid of like Rose, Foyth and Gazzaniga). So I would say only we're only going to get Skriniar if Dele goes for a similar fee so we can offset it. I'm also not 100% sure we really need Sanchez, Toby and Dier if we do get him when we've got Tanganga coming through so wouldn't be surprised if Toby is offered in this deal. Overall, I feel like this one won't get over the line as much as I'd like it to.

Last edited:
Skirnar Toby first choice and Sanchez and Dier backup is very nice. Throw Tanganga in there also to displace Dier or Toby and it's great.

Just need a backup striker and a actual DM next and the squad is legit perfect
I imagine Højbjerg is the closest thing to a DM that we're going to get.

Just means we weaken our playing out from the back with a Skriniar/Sanchez partnership (which we'd need for pace) but with our long ball play, it shouldn't matter.

22.jpg

INSANE TEAM!

Lloris;
Doherty, Sanchez, Skriniar; Reguilón;
Hojbjerg, Lo Celso;
Ndombele;
Bale; Kane; Son
Comparing to our best team of the last few years, 2020 is not as good defensively, but that front 3 is best we've had. First eleven probably still not as good but our squad depth has improved.

2017. 2020
Lloris = Lloris
Walker > Doherty - 1
Toby = Skriniar
Jan > Sanchez - 1
Rose = Reguilón (peak Rose vs 1st season Reg)
Wanyama > PEH - 1
Dembele > Ndombele - 1
Eriksen = Gio
Dele < Bale +1
Kane = Kane
Son < Son +1

Back
Top Bottom