Have we signed Paulo Dybala yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Major League Baseball Reaction GIF by Detroit Tigers

He's such a bad fit for where we are right now and what would be expected from him out of Conte. Best to avoid.

He's also reportedly already purchased a house in Milano in preparation for signing for Inter.

Wouldn't mind him. Although I'mm not big fan of his. But who knows.
Yeah, I like his technical qualities, but our attack needs more youth and energy.

Son and Kane are terrible at pressing, and they're both getting on. I wish we could get Jarrod Bowen.

Are we? If you came up with an average squad age weighted by minutes played, I'd expect us to be right up there at the top of the league. Certainly among the top half/top 6
That is an interesting debate here ...

Lets take a look at our current potential starting XI with their ages (somewhat rounded) - and right now I don't know the answer, I will check from Transfermarkt the date

GK- Lloris 35,5
WB's - Sess 22 ; Doherty 30,5
CB's - Davies 29 ; Dier 28,5 ; Romero 24
CM's - Skippy 21,5 ; PEH 27
FW's - Son 30 ; Kane 29; Kulu 22

That makes average age of this starting XI to be 27,2.
No way is that anywhere top of the league. This is fairly experienced team.

If we assume that instead of Doherty there should be Royal, it would change to 26,5. But if other fullback would be Reggie, then back to 27.
Or if everything else would be as stated in list above but Benta would take Skippy's place in starting XI (which I doubt he would, both fully fit, given that Skippy was arguably our player of the season until his injury) + fullbacks would be Reggie+Doherty it would raise to 27,8.

So the range of our current starting XI varies from 26,5-27,8. None of the options could really be regarded young. I would say players in their prime. While if taking out one youngsters in Kulu and exchange with Dybala - oldest potential lineup would be 28,4.

But how does it compare to the EPL this season context you ask?
Lets take a look.

Youngest XI fielded this season - Woolwich 23,8 years; from the clubs view next ones are Everton and Norwich with 24,7 years. Then Soton with 24,9 and Brendford with 25,0.
Also coming before our youngest lineup are Crystal Palace, Brighton, Leicester and Aston Villa (25,5 y). Then Transfermarkt do not show following values. But our youngest lineup that I put together was 26,5 which is full year older than 9th youngest side by the teams (not counting multiple Arsescum lineups). And our most likely starting XI 1,7 years older than 9th place holder.

From another end we can find Burnley with 30,9 y ; Watford 30,7y ; Wet Spam 29,9y ; Wolves 29,2y; Pool and Chelscum with 29,1 and ManU with 29y.

So I think based on those stats, our most common lineup is among 40% oldest EPL sides. Meaning 60% are younger. Meaning we are above average in the age of our squad.

That is an interesting debate here ...

Lets take a look at our current potential starting XI with their ages (somewhat rounded) - and right now I don't know the answer, I will check from Transfermarkt the date

GK- Lloris 35,5
WB's - Sess 22 ; Doherty 30,5
CB's - Davies 29 ; Dier 28,5 ; Romero 24
CM's - Skippy 21,5 ; PEH 27
FW's - Son 30 ; Kane 29; Kulu 22

That makes average age of this starting XI to be 27,2.
No way is that anywhere top of the league. This is fairly experienced team.

If we assume that instead of Doherty there should be Royal, it would change to 26,5. But if other fullback would be Reggie, then back to 27.
Or if everything else would be as stated in list above but Benta would take Skippy's place in starting XI (which I doubt he would, both fully fit, given that Skippy was arguably our player of the season until his injury) + fullbacks would be Reggie+Doherty it would raise to 27,8.

So the range of our current starting XI varies from 26,5-27,8. None of the options could really be regarded young. I would say players in their prime. While if taking out one youngsters in Kulu and exchange with Dybala - oldest potential lineup would be 28,4.

But how does it compare to the EPL this season context you ask?
Lets take a look.

Youngest XI fielded this season - Woolwich 23,8 years; from the clubs view next ones are Everton and Norwich with 24,7 years. Then Soton with 24,9 and Brendford with 25,0.
Also coming before our youngest lineup are Crystal Palace, Brighton, Leicester and Aston Villa (25,5 y). Then Transfermarkt do not show following values. But our youngest lineup that I put together was 26,5 which is full year older than 9th youngest side by the teams (not counting multiple Arsescum lineups). And our most likely starting XI 1,7 years older than 9th place holder.

From another end we can find Burnley with 30,9 y ; Watford 30,7y ; Wet Spam 29,9y ; Wolves 29,2y; Pool and Chelscum with 29,1 and ManU with 29y.

So I think based on those stats, our most common lineup is among 40% oldest EPL sides. Meaning 60% are younger. Meaning we are above average in the age of our squad.
Yeah, I expected there would be some clubs, particularly lower in the table, with younger squads. And I suspected woolwich would be younger.

If you look at the top 6, we're the youngest bar the woolwich, then? Sounds about right. Certainly wouldn't sniff at Dybala because of his age and some idea that we need to get "younger".

I thought about it all night and came to the conclusion that dybala is a perfect spursy purchase.
in fact he would have the same diffidence and rejection of the fans that accompanied the signings of bentancur and kulusevsky

:contethumb:

Back
Top Bottom