Have we signed Paulo Dybala yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know how Manchester is, but Turin is definetely the ugliest city I've ever seen in my life, and I'm a well-traveled person. He'd be mental to swap Juve and Ronaldo for United and Lingard though...

Well lets compare...

Turin
Nice weather
Nice food
Nice wine
Nice birds

meanwhile-in-manchester-5b5362.jpg

Sky Sports latest :

BREAKING NEWS
Juventus have told Paulo Dybala that he is not required to return to training until Monday 5 August.
Sky in Italy understands that this is to allow the player and the club time to sort out his future.

It's already started! If we somehow manage to get him in, I don't know what I'll do with myself. Fucking quality footballer.

It would be the biggest signing for Spurs in my lifetime, and I am not just talking about the transfer fee. One of the best players from the biggest clubs in the world, picking us over Manchester United. Would be a massive statement - however I still don't think it will happen.

It would be the biggest signing for Spurs in my lifetime, and I am not just talking about the transfer fee. One of the best players from the biggest clubs in the world, picking us over Manchester United. Would be a massive statement - however I still don't think it will happen.
Not that I think it will happen, but even if it happens I would consider Ndombele a bigger and more important signing.

I didn’t like it last season but it could work once Ndombele gets up to speed. Sissoko is not a long term starter. A diamond like this:

Winks
Ndombele Alli
Dybala
Kane Son

That would be amazing.

Eh, Dybala isn't really a 10. You'd want him buzzing around Kane as a sort of second striker.

The other problem is that neither Winks, Ndombele, nor Sissoko is an ideal fit at the base of the diamond. You need a fit Wanyama or the long disappeared classy ball-playing Eric Dier.

As a double pivot, Winks and Ndombele works. That also allows Kane to be a lone striker where he's best, and for Alli to play a fairly free role in attack where he's been most effective.

It was 4-2-3-1 five years ago, and it's still 4-2-3-1 now, IMO.

Lloris
??? Vertonghen Sanchez Rose
Winks Ndombele
Alli ??? Son
Kane

Any of the players we've been linked with over the past few days fill that hole in the attacking 3. RB who the fuck knows.

Eh, Dybala isn't really a 10. You'd want him buzzing around Kane as a sort of second striker.

The other problem is that neither Winks, Ndombele, nor Sissoko is an ideal fit at the base of the diamond. You need a fit Wanyama or the long disappeared classy ball-playing Eric Dier.

As a double pivot, Winks and Ndombele works. That also allows Kane to be a lone striker where he's best, and for Alli to play a fairly free role in attack where he's been most effective.

It was 4-2-3-1 five years ago, and it's still 4-2-3-1 now, IMO.

Lloris
??? Vertonghen Sanchez Rose
Winks Ndombele
Alli ??? Son
Kane

Any of the players we've been linked with over the past few days fill that hole in the attacking 3. RB who the fuck knows.

Lloris
?? Vertongen Sanchez Rose
Lo Celso Ndombele
Moura Dybala Son
Kane

Back
Top Bottom