Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vaguely remember a son interview from last year where he basically said conte had told him not to shoot and to just get to the byline and cross. He was frustrated because shooting is probably the best part of his game - especially from the corner of the box. Just goes to show that allowing good attacking players a bit of freedom of expression as part of a proper tactical plan leads to good attacking football and goals. Who knew???

That’s basically Pep’s philosophy. Do what I tell you to do in the back and middle thirds of the field. Be creative in the last third.

Taken on that Kane role it seems.

F5MJZ-bWwAARm6K

One of the best finishers of his generation. We're so lucky he stayed with us this whole time. I think the reason he's stayed with us is because we gave him a chance to play in the Premier league at a high level so he's grateful to the club and has stayed out of loyalty.

He could've easily gone to any other club if he wanted.

We backed him when it came to military service (both by signing him in the first place and by not seeking to replace him when he had to do that and the Olympics, Asian cups etc,) and he's backed us ever since.

I love HeungMin Son.... HeungMin Son loves me. 🎶

Last edited:
We backed him when it came to military service (both by signing him in the first place and by not seeking to replace him when he had to do it) and he's backed us ever since.

It definitely goes both ways, he saw what the club did for him so he decided to be loyal to us.

He forced a move to come to us and he even admitted the way he went about that wasn't right. So it isn't like he's just blindly loyal to the team he's under contract for.

One of the reasons loyalty is dead is because of a lack of trust on both ends, which is totally understandable. Fortunately for us, that wasn't the case in this situation.

We backed him when it came to military service (both by signing him in the first place and by not seeking to replace him when he had to do that and the Olympics, Asian cups etc,) and he's backed us ever since.

Yup, I think he also feels at home here in a way he didn't at his previous clubs.

The way his dad tells it it sounds like such a weird situation at Leverkusen. The manager and the club didn't rate Son, but he played in every game. And he wasn't valued and wasn't allowed to play in the 2014 Asian games. But they also didn't want to sell him.

Make up your mind Leverkusen.
Sounds like they did rate him then, but it was just a toxic environment so they may have acted a certain way on purpose to not give him too much importance. But they didn't actually want him to leave.

Back
Top Bottom