Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He wasn’t on it today and made Davies‘ life harder a lot of the time. Still obviously better than Werner who certainly doesn’t feel like he‘ll revitalise his career here so not sure what other options we have st the moment

Should be competing with Richarlison as our #9.

Not starting on the left.
I actually think Ange should start both of them upfront now. The front three is not working for sometime, how about having a strike partnership between them, and have traditional wingers coming in. The issue has always been wingers not providing enough for the striker. Even if Kane is playing in place of Richy, he will not score because he will come deep to collect the ball.

Then, when that strategy fails during a game, it's often a case of 'oh, he needs to move out to the wing; he's too isolated in the center.' This pattern repeats itself.

Unfortunately, none of our front three are typically suited to Angeball. But at least we'd have our best finisher playing in a position that requires finishing.

I actually think Ange should start both of them upfront now. The front three is not working for sometime, how about having a strike partnership between them, and have traditional wingers coming in. The issue has always been wingers not providing enough for the striker. Even if Kane is playing in place of Richy, he will not score because he will come deep to collect the ball.
So you'd play with 2 CM's?

Vic
Porro - Cuti - VdV - Udo
Sarr - Rod/Biss
RM/RW - LM/LW
Richy - Sonny

I guess that means pushing Madders to the left wing, cutting inside...but then the danger is he'd occupy the same space as Udo.

Who plays on the right wing? I've always felt we should try Porro there and play someone else at RB.

Be nice to sometimes see us play 3 at the back so we can get an extra attack-mindrd player on. Might help vs low block like today...

Extremely poor today, one of his worst matches in our jersey. Against the low block with 5 a t the back he really struggles out wide, seems to have lost that bit of pace to outstretch a defence or the belief to do it. His constant coughing up of possession is a major worry, again another player not helped as being part of a front line that is completely misfiring.

Put in some good crosses in the first half...but overall not a good performance..

TBH always seems to underperform against wolves...hmm...seems strange.

IMO...better off as a striker at this point...

Last edited:
He can no longer beat his man on the wing, and if he isn't going to cut in and try to shoot (don't think he attempted a single one of these yesterday), he's useless on the left.

Timo on the left is a less than inspiring option but Ange may need to try him and Kulu on the wings, with Sonny in the middle. Harsh on Richy, but these are the difficult decisions Ange will have to consider.

What's with that place.

Ferdinand inadvertently nailed that place when he was gushing about the "glamour & glitz" of PSG........

The ultimate soul-less, hipster club.... More of a fashion statement than a football club.

.........Anyone that opts to go there when the world's biggest clubs come knocking is a wrong'n.

I think he still CAN beat his man on the wing. But why he never tried after first 15 minutes is surprising.

In Wolves game he was one of the weakest links obviously. But I would not write him off from the wing just yet. In the same game he would have been even worse in the CF position. Everyone who suggest pushing him there would have solved the problems - please answer me this - WHAT WOULD HAVE HE DONE IN PLACE OF RICHIE?

Richie played a lot of one / two touch football there, between number of Wolves defenders, while physically holding them off. I have a doubt Sonny would have even got those touches in. Playing in crowded central areas against low block is just not his game. He needs room to run into. Wolves never offered that.

So I would honestly want to hear from the group wanting to push him to CF - what would have been better in such scenario?

Back
Top Bottom