Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very interested to see how he'd fare against chelski, woolich and utd.

Have to admit though he's very useful squad player to have when key players are injured/suspended. Don't see him anything beyond that.
giphy.gif

It's pretty obvious that most of the hate for Son on this tread is coming from the Lamela - Obsessed fans - come on dudes - are we True Spurs Fans or Lamela fanboys. I have no problem with you being Lamela Fanboys but the jealousy and hate coming out of you guys is incredible. I mean just a quick look at some of Mindblowns previous posts:

MindBlown, 25 Mar 2016
SchmoodSpur said: ↑
Bale...

Lamela...

...Son?

When will these morons learn to give a player time?
Bale and Lamela are naturally gifted technical players with enormous talents. We can't say the same about Sonny, can we?

MindBlown, 25 Mar 2016
SausageVince said: ↑
Why not? You probably would have complained about Lamela a year ago.
Lamela was just trying too hard instead of keeping it simple, but the natural talent was always there. Son has very poor technique and his decision making are horrendous. A pretty much talentless hardworker á la James Milner.

It's pretty obvious that most of the hate for Son on this tread is coming from the Lamela - Obsessed fans - come on dudes - are we True Spurs Fans or Lamela fanboys. I have no problem with you being Lamela Fanboys but the jealousy and hate coming out of you guys is incredible. I mean just a quick look at some of Mindblowns previous posts:

MindBlown, 25 Mar 2016
Bale...

Lamela...

...Son?

Bale and Lamela are naturally gifted technical players with enormous talents. We can't say the same about Sonny, can we?

MindBlown, 25 Mar 2016
Lamela was just trying too hard instead of keeping it simple, but the natural talent was always there. Son has very poor technique and his decision making are horrendous. A pretty much talentless hardworker á la James Milner.
I would ignore Mindblown's comments on any player mate. He hasn't got a fucking clue, since I've been on here he has called out almost every single player in the squad as shite at some point or another.

MindBlown, 25 Mar 2016
Bale...

Lamela...

...Son?

MindBlown, 25 Mar 2016

I've seen that on other Spurs forums as well. Lamela fan boys constantly attack players they see as a threat to him. Last season it was Eriksen - "he's lazy, corners are rubbish etc". Now these arguments have been blown out the water they've moved on to Son - and he's showing them up even more. Son is way above Lamela as a player and we're a much better team with a two footed wide forward who has ability to go either way and shoot or cross with either foot. Lamela is simply incapable of doing the things Son does

I've seen that on other Spurs forums as well. Lamela fan boys constantly attack players they see as a threat to him. Last season it was Eriksen - "he's lazy, corners are rubbish etc". Now these arguments have been blown out the water they've moved on to Son - and he's showing them up even more. Son is way above Lamela as a player and we're a much better team with a two footed wide forward who has ability to go either way and shoot or cross with either foot. Lamela is simply incapable of doing the things Son does

Not gonna lie I didn't rate him much last season, and that's even with me being a pro on football manager! :sonpoint: but this season he has been unreal, and I'm so glad we didn't let him go, I also Reckon he is going to get even better next season. I think son is up there with the likes of dele, erikesn harry etc as players we need to keep if we are going to keep progressing and start filling the trophy cabinets!
:sonhmm:

Son and Lamela are very different players. Lamela in Italy was a number 10 type almost like Eriksen or Alli where as for us he has been playing in the wide forward role mostly.

For me Lamela is a better team player, his pressing is brilliant and he like Eriksen can spot a pass, he is like a slightly less creative but more aggressive Eriksen. That's why I feel you will get the best out of Lamela playing down the middle in the type of role Eriksen or maybe Alli play.

Son although he can play as a 'striker' is a proper wide forward, he dribbles, constantly looks to run in behind and is always looking to score. Lamela at his best is a better all round football IMO than Son but Son is more deadly.

Son and Lamela are very different players. Lamela in Italy was a number 10 type almost like Eriksen or Alli where as for us he has been playing in the wide forward role mostly.

For me Lamela is a better team player, his pressing is brilliant and he like Eriksen can spot a pass, he is like a slightly less creative but more aggressive Eriksen. That's why I feel you will get the best out of Lamela playing down the middle in the type of role Eriksen or maybe Alli play.

Son although he can play as a 'striker' is a proper wide forward, he dribbles, constantly looks to run in behind and is always looking to score. Lamela at his best is a better all round football IMO than Son but Son is more deadly.

I can't imagine Son doing the tricks and rabonas, and equally can't imagine Lamela getting into the positions Son scores from

How on earth can you say someone as one footed as Lamela is a better all around footballer than Son is beyond more. And Son can do more with his left foot than Lamela can. Son can do everything Lamela can do and more - he's played plenty of through balls - to Dele against City and to Chadli against Leicester spring to mind.

Especially with the probable arrival of Zaha I don't think there's any room left for Lamela, and if Poch thought different then why no contract? I'm expecting a new one for Son soon.

Son is so positive and direct in his play, always looking to put in a cross or get away a shot. Important to remember he's still pretty young, can't wait to see him in the coming seasons

Back
Top Bottom