Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't make it sound anything - I've watch it several times. It was an easy square ball which he could and should have played Kane in for a guaranteed tap in. I don't care if X or Y player is greedy, it's a team game and in that particular moment it would have killed them off. Fortunately it didn't matter but on another day it could.
You are right. The gap was there but he waited too long.

Son had a very good game but could have had a great game if he had been more clinical (shooting and passing). Very good but could have done better. We won and he had a goal and an assist, so I am pleased with his performance.

Sometimes posts on here make it seem as if perfection is required. The game is tough. We need to realize that these are high level professionals competing against one another.

Reminds me of when my boy’s academy invited the parents to a training session with the academy coaches. All of the parents that yell at their kids to do better, run faster, and overcome fatigue couldn’t make it even a quarter through the training session.

We also had a mixed scrimmage with both parents and kids. No exaggeration, but the fastest 9 year olds were faster than most of the parents.

I think Son had some intention of playing in Kane there but the chance to do so didn't present itself to his liking. No issue with his decision to eventually shoot, but he should have shifted the ball further to better create an angle for himself.

Thought he was excellent today.

Some of you are really shameless ungrateful f***ers. I know that Son is not the most consistent player in our squad but he is not unbelievably inconsistent. And he has carried this team time and time again. I really don't get where all the hate is coming from. Mourinho is asking him to play in a much more defensive role, a role which Sonny is still getting used to. And still do you see his stats??? 17-11 all season 10-10 just in the Premier League alone. Anybody else we know have stats like that on our squad? This boy is pure class and any ungrateful idiot who claims he is shite has either got dung for brains or must really really hate him for some unknown reasons.

Last edited:
Some of you are really shameless ungrateful f***ers. I know that Son is not the most consistent player in our squad but he is not unbelievably inconsistent. And he has carried this team time and time again. I really don't get where all the hate is coming from. Mourinho is asking him to play in a much more defensive role, a role which Sonny is still getting used to. And still do you see his stats??? 17-11 all season 10-10 just in the Premier League alone. Anybody else we know have stats like that on our squad? This boy is pure class and any ungrateful idiot who claims he is shite has either got dungs for brains or must really really hate him for some unknown reasons.
I don't recall too many on here saying such. Bit irate, overly defensive and strawman, no?

Just want to say his finish was beautiful.

I thought he was going to try pass it in, but the dink sold the keeper.

That's the level of composure I expect from him.

Also would like to say he scored because I removed him from my dream team. Absolutely nailed on to score!

Now that we saw glimpse of Son's talent in corner kick, is there a chance for him to take set-piece near the box?

He was never given enough opportunity here ( mostly because of Eriksen), but he can be pretty good at set-piece. He rarely takes direct free Kick in his national team, but it's always dangerous if he does take one.

just want him to have few chances...

Son and Kane both played better because they were mostly operating as twin strikers. Isolate Son on the wing and both are less effective. As I said in my earlier post Son is not great tackling back and it was good to see Moura doing that so well against Woolwich.

Yeah, maybe a bit harsh, in raw terms of goals/assists (9/9=18) he's been our most productive player this season so far, but he is so flimsy without the ball it's a definite trade off as we had/have become defensively woeful as a team, which starts at the top of the pitch.

I mean, if he was putting up Salah type numbers, you'd accept some compromise, as Liverpool do with Salah, but just like others up there (in our attack) he's deeply flawed, best of an uncreative bunch right now, but that says as much about them as a group as him.

I think there is a strong case for playing a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 at least in some of our games so that our only 2 prolific goal scorers can play to their strengths. We saw signs of that yesterday in the 4-4-2 . As you say Son is poor at tackling back so why not give him the freedom to do what he does best ? This is especially necessary with the deterioration in Dele’s game over the past 2-3 years meaningthat he cannot be relied upon to pitch in with his share of goals operating as a number 10 behind Kane.

I don't make it sound anything - I've watch it several times. It was an easy square ball which he could and should have played Kane in for a guaranteed tap in. I don't care if X or Y player is greedy, it's a team game and in that particular moment it would have killed them off. Fortunately it didn't matter but on another day it could.
I disagree I am fed up with watching the players in a good position try and pass and the pass being intercepted or the receiving player not controlling it. Attackers need to take responsibility and shoot . That is what has been missing in recent matches with a lack of shots. Only seen it back once but it was no means certain that a defender would not have stopped it.

I disagree I am fed up with watching the players in a good position try and pass and the pass being intercepted or the receiving player not controlling it. Attackers need to take responsibility and shoot . That is what has been missing in recent matches with a lack of shots. Only seen it back once but it was no means certain that a defender would not have stopped it.
Whereas I've watched it multiple times. Agree that we've been too shot shy lately. But time and a place to shoot. That wasnt it. Should have passed.

Back
Top Bottom