Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Beginning of april last year, without Kane, Son scored 3 goals in champions league (april 2019) So he didn't have drought in whole competition. And at that time, the team was more focused on CL, and Son was rested in some of those league game if i remember correctly. So he actually play well in that month.
And other month, Son played Asian game, so he missed many game.
So yes, you will have goal drought, if you miss many games.

You may note it says EPL games...?

Do you mean the asian games that took place in Aug/Sep 18?

He wasnt rested.... He got sent off against B'muff right at the end.

He's patchy.... It's OK to admit it.... So was Defoe.... Doesnt meant mean peeps don't love them.

BTW despite your desire not to play Kane at CF due to not scoring he's still had 2 goals and a number disallowed since restart.

Way to harsh. On his bad days yes but for long periods he's carried this team and for a winger he has a goal or assist every 2 games so his numbers are about right for being good 50% off the time.

And defending ain't his game we know this but it's not like he has no work ethic he's not as good as Moura but Moura is even more inconsistent

Yeah, maybe a bit harsh, in raw terms of goals/assists (9/9=18) he's been our most productive player this season so far, but he is so flimsy without the ball it's a definite trade off as we had/have become defensively woeful as a team, which starts at the top of the pitch.

I mean, if he was putting up Salah type numbers, you'd accept some compromise, as Liverpool do with Salah, but just like others up there (in our attack) he's deeply flawed, best of an uncreative bunch right now, but that says as much about them as a group as him.

Took his goal very well. Should have squared the ball to Kane to finish them off and make it 3-1 though. Easy ball to play and very greedy. Luckily it didn't matter.
GoDawgs Care to explain the disagree? Re-watch the footage - I've looked at it several times. Kane clear for an easy square pass and guaranteed tap in. Not another Son butt-boy I hope...

GoDawgs Care to explain the disagree? Re-watch the footage - I've looked at it several times. Kane clear for an easy square pass and guaranteed tap in. Not another Son butt-boy I hope...

I can explain..... 13 year old fan girl in effect that has just spammed every single post that dares to critique her boy-crush.

Took his goal very well. Should have squared the ball to Kane to finish them off and make it 3-1 though. Easy ball to play and very greedy. Luckily it didn't matter.

You make it sound easier than it would have been. He didn't need to simple 'square' the ball, but play although ball between 2 of their defenders. It would have been the better option than to shoot, but him & Kane are greedy, and they need to be.

I don't make it sound anything - I've watch it several times. It was an easy square ball which he could and should have played Kane in for a guaranteed tap in. I don't care if X or Y player is greedy, it's a team game and in that particular moment it would have killed them off. Fortunately it didn't matter but on another day it could.

I don't make it sound anything - I've watch it several times. It was an easy square ball which he could and should have played Kane in for a guaranteed tap in. I don't care if X or Y player is greedy, it's a team game and that would have killed them off. Fortunately it didn't matter but on another it could.

Ok, but the same applies to Kane. He had the opportunity late on to square it, but decided to shoot from a tight angle. Like I said.. they are both greedy.

Ok, but the same applies to Kane. He had the opportunity late on to square it, but decided to shoot from a tight angle. Like I said.. they are both greedy.
I honestly can't recall that one but I doubt it was as golden an opportunity as the one I'm referring to. Watching the highlights on MotD now, so hopefully they'll show it...

You make it sound easier than it would have been. He didn't need to simple 'square' the ball, but play although ball between 2 of their defenders. It would have been the better option than to shoot, but him & Kane are greedy, and they need to be.

If playing along up top and you're being relied upon as the main scorer then yes... You need to encourage a predatory instinct.... BUT if they're gonna play together in a two then they seek to be a deadly unit.

Go watch some old clips of Keane & Berbatov and you'll see what I mean.

Last edited:

I don't think they need to be greedy when we are up by one goal and the other guy has a clear goal if Son makes an easy pass to him.

Also, I am not sure how Kane is supposedly greedy as well when he set up Son for what should have been an easy goal for him in the 2nd half.

I don't think they need to be greedy when we are up by one goal and the other guy has a clear goal if Son makes an easy pass to him.

Also, I am not sure how Kane is supposedly greedy as well when he set up Son for what should have been an easy goal for him in the 2nd half.
It's very weird on this thread mate. It seems if you dare to suggest that Son was something other than perfection then some lose their minds and all sense of perspective.

Back
Top Bottom