Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here, that’s an Oreo

I’ve also heard the term Egg for white people who are really into Asian stuff lol.

About the Lloris/Son thing, Son was hardly the worst or most lazy player on the field against Everton. Also, IMO, on that particular play, Kane was closer to the ball and started to chase the Everton player, so didn’t really make sense for both of them to do so.

He is not exempt from criticsm. How utterly shit has he looked shit since football has restarted?

All our attacking players have been shit. We don't have anyone who can pass the ball in the final third so they all come towards the ball and try and to do everything themselves.

We signed Lo Celso and Ndombele to replace Eriksen and Dembele but neither has really stepped up yet. Gio is playing with good intensity but 0 goals and 0 assists in the league is still a very poor return. Ndombele isn't trusted to start matches, they both need time.

It all goes back to that summer where we signed nobody, that was the key moment. That was when we needed to introduce new faces and prepare for the future, but we did nothing and now we are having to do too much at once. We are having to deal with players leaving, players ageing, players recovering from injury and new players adapting all under a new manager while trying to win matches in empty stadiums with a huge gap to the CL positions.

The way we are now, we are so easy to play against. If you have limited offensive qualities, you just sit deep and wait for the game to end. We will not test the keeper. If you are a strong team just come out and get in our faces and people like Sissoko and Aurier will let you have the ball. Performances like Bournemouth are normal for this team. Back in October we played bottom of the table Watford at home and could only generate 2 shots on target, the game ending 1-1.

Attacking players need space and the only way to find it for them is to move the ball quickly, which we are now totally incapable of doing. You could put Sterling or Mane in our team instead of Son and it would be the same.

Son has not been so good since the restart.. but he at least he is able to retain the ball a lot better than most of our other attackers.

To me though it looks like he has lost some confidence. There were a couple of times yesterday when he was on the outside of the box where I would have liked to see him shoot.. except he passed it sideways to Aurier or someone else..he still retained possession though. Hopefully that's not something purely tactical.. and when he regains more confidence then we will see him making some attempts again.

Son has not been so good since the restart.. but he at least he is able to retain the ball a lot better than most of our other attackers.

To me though it looks like he has lost some confidence. There were a couple of times yesterday when he was on the outside of the box where I would have liked to see him shoot.. except he passed it sideways to Aurier or someone else..he still retained possession though. Hopefully that's not something purely tactical.. and when he regains more confidence then we will see him making some attempts again.

We should never start both him and Lucas. Both can do important things but can also look like awful players when they are off form. Both at the same time for too that can be so inconsistent in large patches isn’t a huge no no for me.

He is not exempt from criticsm. How utterly shit has he looked shit since football has restarted?
There is definitely a conspiracy theory for those looking for one.

Willian and Korean defender in, Sonny out. Decent replacement, extra player and cash over.

What everyone is now saying we should have done with Eriksen.

We should never start both him and Lucas. Both can do important things but can also look like awful players when they are off form. Both at the same time for too that can be so inconsistent in large patches isn’t a huge no no for me.
Agreed, the ideal front three is Son-Kane-Bergjwin.

Son has pace and is great on the counter but can sometimes have his head down in the box, but that is alright given when he brings. Kane is obviously an excellent center forward in basically all aspects. Bergjwin is very technically good and also has nice vision and wheels.

I also happen to think Dele would be great as a #10 but I think our roster construction is pushing up to play a 4-3-3 so rather than a #10 behind them we should have Ndombele and Lo Celso feeding those three.

All our attacking players have been shit. We don't have anyone who can pass the ball in the final third so they all come towards the ball and try and to do everything themselves.

We signed Lo Celso and Ndombele to replace Eriksen and Dembele but neither has really stepped up yet. Gio is playing with good intensity but 0 goals and 0 assists in the league is still a very poor return. Ndombele isn't trusted to start matches, they both need time.

It all goes back to that summer where we signed nobody, that was the key moment. That was when we needed to introduce new faces and prepare for the future, but we did nothing and now we are having to do too much at once. We are having to deal with players leaving, players ageing, players recovering from injury and new players adapting all under a new manager while trying to win matches in empty stadiums with a huge gap to the CL positions.

The way we are now, we are so easy to play against. If you have limited offensive qualities, you just sit deep and wait for the game to end. We will not test the keeper. If you are a strong team just come out and get in our faces and people like Sissoko and Aurier will let you have the ball. Performances like Bournemouth are normal for this team. Back in October we played bottom of the table Watford at home and could only generate 2 shots on target, the game ending 1-1.

Attacking players need space and the only way to find it for them is to move the ball quickly, which we are now totally incapable of doing. You could put Sterling or Mane in our team instead of Son and it would be the same.
Well said mate.

Back
Top Bottom