Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LOL

Probably should have just clicked the haha button but this post is so laughably ridiculous it deserved more than just a button click.

I’ll keep it simple because the post is so stupid but the first issue is the fact there is no vitriol directed towards Son. He gets the same level of criticism as everyone else and has been rightfully criticized in this thread.

Second, going to the race card is weak, especially when it is clearly not the case here. Asian males are in no way the bottom of the totem pole or misrepresented in Hollywood or Western media.

Feel free to continue to believe that BS but know everyone is laughing at how ridiculous that claim is.

About Sonny's best position.

I agree that he looked better without having to track back the opposite RB. However, we won't be able to play every game with two strikers (even though this could be our best formation against specific teams). I don't think it's a drama for Sonny. I counted his highlights since the restart, playing as a traditional winger:

One good header, from a great position to score the 2-0, against United. One goal against West Ham disallowed by offside (so close!); also assisted Harry Kane's goal. Gave another goal to Kane against Sheffield and was in a great position earlier to score from a Aurier's cross - intercepted just before his shoot. Three very dangerous shoots against Everton.

His final production is fantastic, no matter the position he plays. And I don't think tracking back is really the problem. In my opinion, the only problem when he plays as a left winger is that, in Jose's system, the RB bombs forward, while the LB stays back, leaving the left winger isolated. It doesn't affect his numbers that much, but it would be better to have Sonny playing closer to the striker.

So I think that, when we play a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 (our "normal" formations) Sonny should be used as a right-winger instead. In our system, the right winger plays from the right to the inside - there's a very offensive RB just behind him -, close to the striker and close to the number 10/second striker.

It was in this role that Jose got the best of Eto'o, at Inter. I think it could work very well for Sonny.

Last edited:
I’ll keep it simple because the post is so stupid but the first issue is the fact there is no vitriol directed towards Son. He gets the same level of criticism as everyone else and has been rightfully criticized in this thread.

Second, going to the race card is weak, especially when it is clearly not the case here. Asian males are in no way the bottom of the totem pole or misrepresented in Hollywood or Western media.

Feel free to continue to believe that BS but know everyone is laughing at how ridiculous that claim is.
About your 2nd paragraph, how would you know that Asian males are not misrepresented in Hollywood?

Look at the dating scene, there is empirical evidence that Asian men are the least desirable and at the bottom end of the totem pole.

b31c8c3067447ea12aa40df1d95610d4.jpg
Playing the race card? Heard of facts lad? Also I find it highly amusing how touchy Airfixx and Clynelish are...any mere mention of racism and they both seem to take serious personal offence at it. I TRULY wonder just why that is...

About your 2nd paragraph, how would you know that Asian males are not misrepresented in Hollywood?

Look at the dating scene, there is empirical evidence that Asian men are the least desirable and at the bottom end of the totem pole.

I know because I can see Hollywood movies, follow the media around hollywood and most importantly use common sense.

Evidence from the dating scene is a completely different matter and taking empirical evidence from studies on that and transferring it to other areas is a pointless endeavor that proves nothing.

Of course this all ignores your biggest problem with your silly argument is that Son was never vilified and never faced any unwarranted criticism or more criticism than other players.

I know because I can see Hollywood movies, follow the media around hollywood and most importantly use common sense.

Evidence from the dating scene is a completely different matter and taking empirical evidence from studies on that and transferring it to other areas is a pointless endeavor that proves nothing.

Of course this all ignores your biggest problem with your silly argument is that Son was never vilified and never faced any unwarranted criticism or more criticism than other players.
You must have been living under a rock for the past century if you think that there is no discrimination in Hollywood. Common sense? Evidence from the dating scene? They're all linked, don't you see?! Son does get vilified more than others, look at some of the posts in the match day threads. He gets called fucking this and that....

You must have been living under a rock for the past century if you think that there is no discrimination in Hollywood. Common sense? Evidence from the dating scene? They're all linked, don't you see?! Son does get vilified more than others, look at some of the posts in the match day threads. He gets called fucking this and that....

Hold on are we talking about the last Century or in recent times?

And no evidence from the dating scene doesn't have anything to do with other areas. There are many factors that go into that that aren't present in other areas.

I haven't been here that long but from what I can tell Son doesn't get close to criticized unfairly or more than others but he has a very vocal group of fans that can't handle any criticism of him.

Hold on are we talking about the last Century or in recent times?

And no evidence from the dating scene doesn't have anything to do with other areas. There are many factors that go into that that aren't present in other areas.

I haven't been here that long but from what I can tell Son doesn't get close to criticized unfairly or more than others but he has a very vocal group of fans that can't handle any criticism of him.
1900-present day.

I give criticism where criticism is due, if Son has played shit, I will say he has played shite.

1900-present day.

I give criticism where criticism is due, if Son has played shit, I will say he has played shite.

Well in 1900 there likely was some bias towards them like there was towards every minority. They didn't seem to have it worse than any other. So if you want to be upset about stuff that happened 100 years ago knock yourself out.

Today however? Nope does not exist.

Great if you are fair with your criticism then you can clearly see he doesn't get any where near vilified. I would say he is in the bottom 5 for guys unfairly criticized on this site and arguably the least vilified player we have.

Well in 1900 there likely was some bias towards them like there was towards every minority. They didn't seem to have it worse than any other. So if you want to be upset about stuff that happened 100 years ago knock yourself out.

Today however? Nope does not exist.

Great if you are fair with your criticism then you can clearly see he doesn't get any where near vilified. I would say he is in the bottom 5 for guys unfairly criticized on this site and arguably the least vilified player we have.
Well I don't know about the UK, but here in Australia, there were many cases of anyone of Asian-looking appearance getting racially abused and physically attacked due to COVID-19. Like how seriously retarded is that. I wouldn't say that the 'bias' doesn't exist anymore today.

Son might not get vilified much cos he is a popular player. I guess everyone cops criticism if they have a shit performance.

Back
Top Bottom