Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of the Woolwich fan TV guys was binned for calling Son “DVD” on air the other day. Initially, they tried to say that “DVD going off” was meant for Spurs generally, but their lame-ass excuse clearly didn’t make any sense since it was right when Son was being subbed. Stupid gooner racist fucks.

One of the Woolwich fan TV guys was binned for calling Son “DVD” on air the other day. Initially, they tried to say that “DVD going off” was meant for Spurs generally, but their lame-ass excuse clearly didn’t make any sense since it was right when Son was being subbed. Stupid gooner racist fucks.

What does DVD stand for? (Serious question. I live in the U.S.)

Why do you think they were calling him DVD if it's not about a reference to Fonejacker then?
Because it's a racial slur, aimed at Asians flogging counterfeit DVDs. It's been about since the late 1990's, it's so widespread that it became a stereotype. Your Fonejacker stuff is enforcing the stereotype, he didn't invent it, just as he didn't invent the Nigeria scammer. Just as Andy Jacobs (of TalkSport Hawksby & Jacobs) regular appearance on Fantasy Football League would enforce the stereotype of Spurs fans being Jewish, he/they didn't invent the stereotype, it already existed, they just enforced it.

Ignorant on so many levels. Shame on that fat bastard.

Because it's a racial slur, aimed at Asians flogging counterfeit DVDs. It's been about since the late 1990's, it's so widespread that it became a stereotype. Your Fonejacker stuff is enforcing the stereotype, he didn't invent it, just as he didn't invent the Nigeria scammer. Just as Andy Jacobs (of TalkSport Hawksby & Jacobs) regular appearance on Fantasy Football League would enforce the stereotype of Spurs fans being Jewish, he/they didn't invent the stereotype, it already existed, they just enforced it.

Such a shame cos Koreans are a highly-educated, smart race with many in white-collar roles. I wonder what that fat prick Calligari does for a living, I'm guessing pie-eating contests?

Such a shame cos Koreans are a highly-educated, smart race with many in white-collar roles. I wonder what that fat prick Calligari does for a living, I'm guessing pie-eating contests?
I actually don't understand much of what you've written, however, it's not a specific slur against Koreans, it's aimed at Asians in general. The main reason for this is that those using it couldn't tell the difference between Korean's, Chinese, Malay, Taiwanese, Japanese.....etc., etc.,...That would require a certain amount of education.

Back
Top Bottom