Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

is back tripling down on his Sonny hatefest. A few minutes ago on the Sanchez thread:

Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN
Kevin83 v2.0

My original comment was actually praising him. Saying that he'd developed other aspects of his game. Only for one user to take exception with the obvious statement that Son is a limited player, and the rest of you to pile on.

There's a reason Son has never got past even 15 league goals a season.
Limited minutes, have a look at his season history.

Is Sonny already a Spurs legend?
Very, very close; the only reason I'm holding back is to see when/if/how he moves on. Many a player have blotted their copy book right at the end of their time with us, which would not make them legends in my eyes. I know things are different these days and few players stay with one club throughout their career, but I would be delighted if both Harry and Sonny buck the trend.

He’s a racist isn’t he, doesn’t rate Son as much as you do so he must be a racist.
It's not even that I don't rate him. He's clearly one of the best wingers in the league, one of the best in the world. TBH, it kind of upsets me how so many here frame me as a "hater" of one of my favourite players ever, never mind the insinuation of racism.

I was even saying he was developing his all around game a lot. I literally said that because he was developing his teamwork, he was taking less shots than he should because he was trying to read the game more.

He's still a player who is best deployed in a specific set of tactical scenarios. If you have Mane on the left you can deploy a few more tactical ideas, hardly earth shattering stuff.

Does anyone know what the significance is of his 'rectangle' sign when he scores?
I personally think it looks stupid and he could come up with something better but guess that's insignificant as long as he keeps playing like he's been and helping the team to be on track for where it needs be.

He had a little wobble of about 4 games and I thought he was going to go off form again and questioned him being a top player due to consistency. Fair play he is being more consistent this year to go with his ability. If he plays the majority of the season with this kind of form I don't think you can say there is any better wide/inside forward in this league and europe.

Does anyone know what the significance is of his 'rectangle' sign when he scores?
It signifies the four corners of the world as according to the testaments of old:

Revelation 7:1

:pochhail: saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea or against any tree.

Kane of the North!
:kanehand:
Son of the East!
:sonhmm:
Bale of the West!
:baletroll:
Ndombele of the South!
:tanguyhuh:

Then I saw another angel :mourbringit: ascending from the rising of the sun, with the seal of the living God, and he called with a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm earth and sea, saying :mourpoint:"Come with me and be a bunch of c***s. Intelligent c***s, not stupid c***s.”
and so he gathered the dispersed of Yiddo from the four corners of the earth.

And, lest we forget...

Isaiah 40:22

It is he :levyeyes: who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in.

It signifies the four corners of the world as according to the testaments of old:

Revelation 7:1

:pochhail: saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea or against any tree.

Kane of the North!
:kanehand:
Son of the East!
:sonhmm:
Bale of the West!
:baletroll:
Ndombele of the South!
:tanguyhuh:

Then I saw another angel :mourbringit: ascending from the rising of the sun, with the seal of the living God, and he called with a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm earth and sea, saying :mourpoint:"Come with me and be a bunch of c***s. Intelligent c***s, not stupid c***s.”
and so he gathered the dispersed of Yiddo from the four corners of the earth.

And, lest we forget...

Isaiah 40:22

It is he :levyeyes: who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in.
I'm not sure if this is sacrilegious or not, so not going to rate it!

Back
Top Bottom