Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everyone entitled to their own opinion etc, but fuck some of you lot are dim. The idea of “selling at peak value” is a small club mentality and the fee we receive will quickly be negated by the loss in marketing revenue from the Asian market.

This is before considering:

Just broken the all/time goal combination record with Harry with a third of the season left. ALL TIME. You fucking numpties.

While a physical decline is inevitable, there is no hard and fast rule to say “it will happen at 30”. Look at Vardy. Prime example. And I bet any of you dumb cunts would likely see him as a great signing right now.

13 goals - this season, none from penalties. More than Salah from open play....

Honestly feel like I’m going a bit mad. The game is about glory... not “maximising returns on player value to distribute across positions to build for the future” and while I understand the intrinsic business related decisions are important, they should not dictate that we sell arguably one of our best ever signings.

Everyone entitled to their own opinion etc, but fuck some of you lot are dim. The idea of “selling at peak value” is a small club mentality and the fee we receive will quickly be negated by the loss in marketing revenue from the Asian market.
Yep, add to that the loss in revenue that we would have got from higher league positions/ European cups. I've seen stupidity on this forum before, but this reaches almost astronomical levels.

Honestly feel like I’m going a bit mad. The game is about glory... not “maximising returns on player value to distribute across positions to build for the future” and while I understand the intrinsic business related decisions are important, they should not dictate that we sell arguably one of our best ever signings.
To be fair the 'El Magnfico' guy has admitted he's not a Spurs fan, so him not prioritising Spurs glory makes sense.

Don’t see any problem with Son starting on the bench a) to give him
a kick up the backside and b) to recharge and refocus. We have enough forwards to replace him with so no big issue. You could push mora out wide and play dele in the middle or do like for like swap and play berg or lamela out wide. Both would offer energy and pace.
As for replacement if his sold Lookman prbly worth a shot or what about looking at what we have already like sess, Scarlett or devine? We may have some gems under our noses.

I’m just afraid Son’s replacement - if we go that route - from France, Germany or whatever lesser leagues will be like a Pepe-quality who contributes 5 goals a season. If must, we need to go for a PL proven player like Neto. But it’s just dumb to get rid of a guaranteed 20+ goal contributor a season when we will probably be spending over 100 mil in the next several seasons to find someone who can contribute to that level. Btw Vinicius Jr is total shite who’s got some dribbling skills but comparable to Winks/Doherty’s left foot in shooting and crossing.

LOL you're so triggered.

Karen GIF by moodman

You realize Son wasn't always a guaranteed starter on our team right? Poch would sit him in certain games/situations. Son hasn't been playing well and now that others are stepping up, we can see how we look with other players rotating in and out. I'm almost certain Lamela/GLC/Dele etc. can get 1 goal and a few assists over a 11 game span. Giving opponents different looks with different players makes us less predictable and gives the rest players need to succeed over the long haul.
Except the first two seasons, he WAS our guaranteed starter. And back then, we had Eriksen/Alli at their best, only reason Poch could sub Son is that our squad could afford it. When Son wasn't our regular starting, Lamela was on his position. And see what happened back then? Well, I'm assuming you are just a troll who pretends to be a Spurs fan anyways but Lamela has been played for this club 8 years, and he's proven everything he could. Just not good enough for starting. Do you even watch the football? Son is a winger, and you wanna sub him with GLC/Dele? Go learn some basics of football and then try the arguments again.

He's actually a patchy finisher and also relies on his pace to get into scoring situations. He doesn't have the physicality to make up for a drop off in pace.

As for being clinical, he has a few worldies over the course of the season that makes his averages look good. I admit that he had a great string of finishing during the first dozen games or so but he's got just 1 goal over the last 11 and it's not like he hasn't had any chances.

But on the Kane thread you said Kane's assists were shit and he benefitted from great finishes by Son. You've been made to look a mug on that thread so now you've picked another target. You've been rumbled.

But on the Kane thread you said Kane's assists were shit and he benefitted from great finishes by Son. You've been made to look a mug on that thread so now you've picked another target. You've been rumbled.
Naw never said Kane's assists were shit - they were just stats. You're might just be a bit sensitive when it comes to Kane. Kane did benefit from Son's finishing at the beginning of the season and stats show that.

But now that Son's turned into Heung Min Bergwijn and Heung Min Winks over the past dozen games or so, Kane's assists had dried up for a stretch of games. Bale's reemergence has finally given Kane the support he needs to truly thrive. Now we're witnessing two legit stars playing at their best.

As far as Son goes, my point is that as long as we have Kane and Bale are on the pitch we'll be fine and can play around with which players best complement them. Kane and Bale will be our two best attackers going forward so long as they are both are fit.

Let Son, Lucas, Lamela, GLC, Dele, and Stevie compete for the other 3 spots. Guys like Lucas and Lamela have stepped up, Gio's coming back, and Dele's getting back on track so we've got options. Competition for playing time can only be good for them.

Last edited:
Naw never said Kane's assists were shit - they were just stats. You're might just be a bit sensitive when it comes to Kane. Kane did benefit from Son's finishing at the beginning of the season and stats show that.

But now that Son's turned into Heung Min Bergwijn and Heung Min Winks over the past dozen games or so, Kane's assists had dried up for a stretch of games. Bale's reemergence has finally given Kane the support he needs to truly thrive. Now we're witnessing two legit stars playing at their best.

As far as Son goes, my point is that as long as we have Kane and Bale are on the pitch we'll be fine and can play around with which players best complement them. Kane and Bale will be our two best attackers going forward so long as they are both are fit.

Let Son, Lucas, Lamela, GLC, Dele, and Stevie compete for the other 2/3 spots. Guys like Lucas and Lamela have stepped up, Gio's coming back, and Dele's getting back on track so we've got options.
What a load of rubbish. Bale is in terrific form right now which is great for us. And looks like Kane is getting there to, but when Son is on form he is also one of the best players in the PL. When he gets there again and one of the others drops off then you could reverse what you said.

Stats prove that Son is one of the best players in the PL, but you are choosing to ignore that simply because he is not scoring goals right now. Even though he is still contributing to our attacking play just fine.

What a load of rubbish. Bale is in terrific form right now which is great for us. And looks like Kane is getting there to, but when Son is on form he is also one of the best players in the PL. When he gets there again and one of the others drops off then you could reverse what you said.

Stats prove that Son is one of the best players in the PL, but you are choosing to ignore that simply because he is not scoring goals right now. Even though he is still contributing to our attacking play just fine.
Yes the key point being an IN FORM Son. He has stretches of 6-10 games once or twice a season where he's just Heung Min Winks or Heung Min Sissoko.

Yes the key point being an IN FORM Son. He has stretches of 6-10 games once or twice a season where he's just Heung Min Winks or Heung Min Sissoko.
Genuine stat:
Son has more assists in his last 3 games than Sissoko and Winks do combined since 2019.

Luckily for you this is clearly just trolling, although slightly repetitive. If you were being serious I'd be concerned for the state of your cognition.

Genuine stat:
Son has more assists in his last 3 games than Sissoko and Winks do combined since 2019.

Luckily for you this is clearly just trolling, although slightly repetitive. If you were being serious I'd be concerned for the state of your cognition.
Heung Min Sissoko because of his wild ballooning shots into the stands and Heung Min Winks because of his world class side/back passing ability.

Back
Top Bottom