Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Sonny feels very loyal to us because we were so accommodating of his need to get that military service exemption. I understand that was a huge issue for Leverkusen and all the other clubs that looked at him. Hopefully we announce his new deal soon and start clearing some of the toxic air around the club.

I believe that if we do sell Kane, we can move Sonny to the central striker position and not have to go crazy looking for a top signing in that position. Add enough quality to the midfield so that Sonny gets chances and he will put them away. We won’t be able to find a better finisher than Sonny.
Would still be useful to have a CF who can hold up play well and link up with Sonny.

Unless he does not sign , in which case he is……..

Personally I love the bloke and hope desperately he signs
He will he is loyal and seems to have a lot of honour. If not, he would have left for the continent ages ago. Everyone would want him simply for marketing if nothing else. He is the biggest Asian star in the history of the game.

Talk about ENIC excuses. The bearing this has on a players contract is virtually NIL. This is just another way for Levy to suck his own cock and tell everyone how great and financially prudent he is....

This embarrassment needs to resign. He has destroyed the club and all credibility. It hurt to say but this man has single handedly made Spurs a laughing stock. The same fans who stand up for him are probably similar in character to those who clapped for Hitler. No character and personality. Idiots waiting to be lead.

In fact that explains Levy. A short sighted man leading the blind.....

Talk about ENIC excuses. The bearing this has on a players contract is virtually NIL. This is just another way for Levy to suck his own cock and tell everyone how great and financially prudent he is....

This embarrassment needs to resign. He has destroyed the club and all credibility. It hurt to say but this man has single handedly made Spurs a laughing stock. The same fans who stand up for him are probably similar in character to those who clapped for Hitler. No character and personality. Idiots waiting to be lead.

In fact that explains Levy. A short sighted man leading the blind.....

It seems you are logged into the wrong account. :sonpoint:

How on earth does A = B there?

Not like we didn't already spend a bunch on players last summer....
Maybe we could prove funds and deals were already in place for them??? Assume that the contract for this loan and the stipulations for its eligibility and what it can or can't be used for would have run into a myriad of pages of fine print, rather than take out loan = can't buy/spend on x. (Money can always be moved around and allocated creatively so assume details regarding this were very rigid).

Maybe we could prove funds and deals were already in place for them??? Assume that the contract for this loan and the stipulations for its eligibility and what it can or can't be used for would have run into a myriad of pages of fine print, rather than take out loan = can't buy/spend on x. (Money can always be moved around and allocated creatively so assume details regarding this were very rigid).

Yeh, I was aware of that aspect; just seemed like an impossible task to lockdown in contractually binding terns.

How did the loan impact player movement at Tottenham?
When Tottenham first took the loan the club said that the facility would "not be used for player acquisitions", and the loan is also understood to have included restraints on bonuses and "senior pay".

Tottenham have not awarded any big new contracts for players since the loan was first taken out.

What is the situation with Son's contract?
At the start of the season just gone, Tottenham started to speak to South Korean forward Son about a new long-term contract at the club, to reward him for his good form.

By late October 2020 a deal was agreed in outline, but Tottenham were not in a position to announce it given the Bank of England loan.

Now that Tottenham have paid back the Bank of England they are in a position to confirm Son's new deal.

How did the loan impact player movement at Tottenham?
When Tottenham first took the loan the club said that the facility would "not be used for player acquisitions", and the loan is also understood to have included restraints on bonuses and "senior pay".

Tottenham have not awarded any big new contracts for players since the loan was first taken out.

What is the situation with Son's contract?
At the start of the season just gone, Tottenham started to speak to South Korean forward Son about a new long-term contract at the club, to reward him for his good form.

By late October 2020 a deal was agreed in outline, but Tottenham were not in a position to announce it given the Bank of England loan.

Now that Tottenham have paid back the Bank of England they are in a position to confirm Son's new deal.
But the loan was taken out last summer at the beginning of June and afterwards we signed a number of players and agreed new contracts with a few players iirc(Dier was one)

Ralph Lauren isn't a terrible brand to be associated with but it does seem like Son has no filter. Some of the shite he has advertised in Korea. Surely he doesn't need the cash. Why do it?!

Ralph Lauren isn't a terrible brand to be associated with but it does seem like Son has no filter. Some of the shite he has advertised in Korea. Surely he doesn't need the cash. Why do it?!
Suppose he is just making the most of his earning capability. As long as it doesn't interfere with his football, I don't have a problem with it. I suppose footballers still have a shortish career and he'd be daft not to do it. I have more of a problem with Harry's involvement with Hugo Boss, who was a Nazi supporter and dressed the SS!

Back
Top Bottom