Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On current form, he’s playing like someone who’s a novice to the sport. I can handle the poor passing, but seeing Son continually struggle to get the ball under control is infuriating.

If a happens a couple times, that’s fine. But, a high level player shouldn’t be struggling with ball control as Son is right now.

On current form, he’s playing like someone who’s a novice to the sport. I can handle the poor passing, but seeing Son continually struggle to get the ball under control is infuriating.

If a happens a couple times, that’s fine. But, a high level player shouldn’t be struggling with ball control as Son is right now.
Sell sell sell

We still might be able to get 50-60 million for him which is good given his age

He's declining rapidly a la Hazard

i've said from time fam, should have sold son and kept lamela.
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Sell sell sell

We still might be able to get 50-60 million for him which is good given his age

He's declining rapidly a la Hazard
Unlike Hazard, Son still is productive, I wouldn’t sell. It’s just frustrating, Son’s over reliant on his end product to be super impactful.

His last “amazing” match was what? Aston Villa a month and a half ago?

Not really, his game is instinctive, he's much better when he has no time to think about what he's doing on the ball. Because he's not that good technically.
this is why a good coach would really simplify his game for him. when hes on the ball have a midfielder come and take it off him easily, unless son is going direct for goal alone or looking to cross.

the problem is the midfielder coming to take the ball off him wont do much with it either:contehandshead:

Unlike Hazard, Son still is productive, I wouldn’t sell. It’s just frustrating, Son’s over reliant on his end product to be super impactful.

He's turning 30 in a couple months

There are many wingers in the past that have hit a wall at that age

Honestly, what I'm seeing is a winger that's starting to lose his legs

His explosiveness and pace is starting to wane

Maybe it's fatigue, maybe not

But it's concerning to see him not have it physically

Without pace, Son will offer nothing. Literally nothing.

He's gone to shit

Frequently happens to 30 year old wingers

Their legs betray them

I'd sell for 50-60 million if there were any suitors
said it a year ago we should sell him for 80 mill. far too reliant on physical attributes which will wane as the days go on.

sons a player with a short self life because he lacks football intellect

but he's carrying the attack with Kane being so awful. Considering that it's amazing that he's performing at all and still helping us get points such as the assists in the last game.

Son should benefit greatly if we get a replacement for Kane.

Always been a streaky player. Far from our biggest problem though and when he has no space to run into because our build up is pathetic it takes away his greatest weapon.

Conte said we can’t fix this team in one window, and he’s right, but some craft and invention in the side will go a long way in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom