Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always seems to receive the ball these days with his back to goal. Is only useful when he is more direct
There was a period last season where he scored 2 goals in 16 apps

He's done mate

The signs were there last year

Just because he's been better than Kane doesn't mean he's good because Kane has been atrocious and a shell of the player he was 4-5 years ago

Son's been worse than Kane over the last month or so
a goal or assist in each of our last 6 league games. Offensively he's been contributing more than any other player.

However I'd agree that Kane has improved in the last month whereas Son's form has declined so it is easy to be more pleased with Kane's performances.

I still think a part of Son's problem is that a 3-4-3 is really bad for him: you've got Reguilon racing up the wing, Davies often pushing forward as well, Kane is in the middle, Lucas is often cutting into the middle as well--just not much room there to operate.

I think a 3-5-2 would be much better for him.

a goal or assist in each of our last 6 league games. Offensively he's been contributing more than any other player.
He has but he's still been shit
Being the best attacker out of our front three of out of form Kane and Lucas isn't saying much

He's on the decline.

Happens to 30 year old wingers time and time again. I'm afraid this is just one of those things.

He has but he's still been shit
Being the best attacker out of our front three of out of form Kane and Lucas isn't saying much

He's on the decline.

Happens to 30 year old wingers time and time again. I'm afraid this is just one of those things.
so he's having in dip in form and suddenly it's all about his age. 30 is hardly a magic number where wingers turn to shit.

but he's carrying the attack with Kane being so awful. Considering that it's amazing that he's performing at all and still helping us get points such as the assists in the last game.

Son should benefit greatly if we get a replacement for Kane.
But he isn’t performing though. The reality is that the assist he got v Watford was a cross from a free kick that any professional forward should be able to make. Don’t let that gloss over another poor performance from him

He's turning 30 in a couple months

There are many wingers in the past that have hit a wall at that age

Honestly, what I'm seeing is a winger that's starting to lose his legs

His explosiveness and pace is starting to wane

Maybe it's fatigue, maybe not

But it's concerning to see him not have it physically

Without pace, Son will offer nothing. Literally nothing.
Hes the same age as salah and mane.

What are those white things hanging out of his shorts, then?
0plpNLF.jpg

True. He’s always been streaky, but this slump has gone on for longer than most.

We always say that.....

This is just his latest un-purple patch.

Sonny is who he is..... A few goals to paper over the cracks and make each spell not seem as drawn out as it is. He'll randomly turn a corner in a while and we'll 'all' forget and think he's world class again.

Last edited:
We always say that.....

This is just his latest un-purple patch.

Sonny is who he is..... A few goals to paper over the cracks and make it not seem as drawn out as it is. He'll randomly turn a corner in a while and we'll 'all' forget and think he's world class again.

I certainly fucking won't. Him and Harry are on borrowed time. (or should be)

But he isn’t performing though. The reality is that the assist he got v Watford was a cross from a free kick that any professional forward should be able to make. Don’t let that gloss over another poor performance from him
in that case, every such chance would almost be a guaranteed goal but it's not. I wonder why.

Back
Top Bottom