Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mr. Soto is a huge anti-Korea/anti-Son troll that has been stirring up shit on the Korean football forums for the past several years despite multiple warnings and bans.

Apparently, anyone who finds it funny that any Park Ju-young fan-boy claims that he's "too good to fail at Woolwich" is "stirring up shit"! (See below if you can't imagine someone would say such a daft thing)

Park_is_too_good_to_fail_at_Arsenal.png

Similarly anyone who claims that Ki Sung-yong has problems with his fitness and consistency, as have Son and the aforementioned Park.

Anyone claiming that Laudrup had Ki sussed out must be a troll and should be banned!
Hilarious that even Ki's dad admitted that his son was told by Laudrup that he was "unreliable as a professional" and claimed that Ki showed adequate fitness during the pre-season before he got loaned out. It seems that his dad must have been reading the criticisms of detractors, whereas the moderators at these Korean forums choose to ban those expressing unpopular opinions.

Last edited:
This doesn't stand to reason. Why would you want the player closest to the ball to lose it while expecting those further away to win the ball as the one who just lost it is not good at winning it back? This is counterproductive. Wouldn't it be far better to keep the ball, until you can find a player in a good position to receive the ball?

Furthermore, I didn't see Son losing possession only in the "right areas" of the pitch as you suggested earlier. The only "pattern" for his losing possession is his regularity of losing possession, not the areas where he does.

I am sure that Pochettino has not instructed Spurs to do what you are suggesting, though I do agree that they are pressing high up the pitch often during the match.

Anyone who so easily loses possession is a liability.
Believe what you want to believe, you are entitled to your beliefs as I am mine. But rather you believe it or not under Poch we are a "high press" team, we are also the best team in the league at the "counter press". I don't have any examples of what Poch says about it but I can quote someone else who has made his career of the back of the counter press. Lets just leave it here.
CnLsdtdW8AQklaT.jpg

Believe what you want to believe, you are entitled to your beliefs as I am mine. But rather you believe it or not under Poch we are a "high press" team, we are also the best team in the league at the "counter press". I don't have any examples of what Poch says about it but I can quote someone else who has made his career of the back of the counter press. Lets just leave it here.
CnLsdtdW8AQklaT.jpg

The issue wasn't the point you were making, but how you worded it.

"We lose the ball on purpose", is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. No players purposefully gives the ball away. The core of what you're saying (The best time to lose it is high up/the best time to win it is high up) is correct, but terrible wording.

The issue wasn't the point you were making, but how you worded it.

"We lose the ball on purpose", is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. No players purposefully gives the ball away. The core of what you're saying (The best time to lose it is high up/the best time to win it is high up) is correct, but terrible wording.
I've already explained what I meant, go back and read it again. Fuck there is enough content to start a fucking chapter in a fucking book, pick me up on one phrase why don't you! Give its a rest mate.

Give its a rest mate.

Give it a rest? I've posted once in two days about the topic. You've said far more in the past few pages than anyone else, perhaps anyone else in the entire thread. Most of this is explaining to us what pressing is - thanks for that, after 2 years of Poch I still wasn't aware. Could you go over the counter-press bit again? By the end of your explanations there's barely a link to Son anymore lol.

You talk a load of shit, get one message back and have the cheek to say "Stop talking", while also admitting you've talked enough shit to fill a chapter. Really? I mean, really though? Have some perspective.

You worded your original point shitly. No shame in it, but don't expect people to read "A chapters worth of content" to see you correct yourself. I read your first reply, dismissed you as not worth reading and left it at that, only to come back and see you trying to use Klopps quotes to defend your own arguments, which was utterly unrelated.

I think the "apparent troll" that is Mr Soto has absolutely schooled you. Son doesn't lose possession on the edge of the box - he loses it just past the half way line, leading to potential counter attacks on us. I'm done with the debate anyway - Son is bad in my eyes and being told "But he loses the ball on purpose!" doesn't make him any better.

Give it a rest? I've posted once in two days about the topic. You've said far more in the past few pages than anyone else, perhaps anyone else in the entire thread. Most of this is explaining to us what pressing is - thanks for that, after 2 years of Poch I still wasn't aware. Could you go over the counter-press bit again? By the end of your explanations there's barely a link to Son anymore lol.

You talk a load of shit, get one message back and have the cheek to say "Stop talking", while also admitting you've talked enough shit to fill a chapter. Really? I mean, really though? Have some perspective.

You worded your original point shitly. No shame in it, but don't expect people to read "A chapters worth of content" to see you correct yourself. I read your first reply, dismissed you as not worth reading and left it at that, only to come back and see you trying to use Klopps quotes to defend your own arguments, which was utterly unrelated.

I think the "apparent troll" that is Mr Soto has absolutely schooled you. Son doesn't lose possession on the edge of the box - he loses it just past the half way line, leading to potential counter attacks on us. I'm done with the debate anyway - Son is bad in my eyes and being told "But he loses the ball on purpose!" doesn't make him any better.
Good for you

I'm Korean Gay Boy. Son is the go back to Germany soon. He trash no pyshcial threat and pussy boy. he dunno how dribble the ball. he go back to bundesliga more inferior ligue and play with sucky defenders.

Some of the Son comments have become completely irrational. From what I could see he started the season well then came back into a team that was already lagging and having its confidence drained, not a good environment to isolate individual performances. His overly direct play was likely the result of him trying to force a game changing moment in what were flat games or to prove his worth after injury.

Selling him would be quite frankly moronic, particularly as we got him relatively late in the last window.

I'm Korean Gay Boy. Son is the go back to Germany soon. He trash no pyshcial threat and pussy boy. he dunno how dribble the ball. he go back to bundesliga more inferior ligue and play with sucky defenders.
Hello, that is a very good post. You have managed to fit Gay, Boy, Pussy, Dribble, Sucky and Trash into two lines without it sounding like an advert for a sex toy. Very impressive, i look forward to more of your posts.

Welcome back Sammy

:freundgoal:

I read this in the voice of Mah Mah from American Dad.
:avbshock:

Back
Top Bottom