Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

everyone calm down.

Conte has admitted that he is not worried one bit about the South Korean's dry run in front of goal.

"No. I’m seeing the same player that I knew in November when I arrived in Tottenham. A good guy who has a great commitment and a great attitude. But if we have seven points and you are complaining about Sonny and when he is good, I think we can do good things," said Conte.

"We have to try to understand and decide you want to see the situation, you understand? For me, Sonny is playing a good game. He’s not scoring, but it can happen. It happened last season with Harry Kane. Now Harry has scored twice and we are happy. It’s the same for Sonny and for the other strikers.
"The most important thing is the team and that the team is going to win. I understand that personal achievements are important but the team, the club is more important than me, than everybody."
He added: "Sonny is enjoying his football every day. To think he is enjoying it more or less just because of one goal, it is ridiculous. We are trying to create a problem when the problem is not there. I am not worried, and if anybody is going to be worried, it is going to be the coach. It’s you lot who are worried."

if conte does stick with son, and hes shit in the next 5-6 matches. the players who are not getting a chance have every right to be fucked off. its not a good look for the rest of the squad if players are allowed to waste a shirt and face no consequence. competition for places clearly wont exist.

Just going to copy and paste Conte’s words in his recent interview right here..
Sonny is enjoying his football every day. To think he is enjoying it more or less just because of one goal, it is ridiculous. We are trying to create a problem when the problem is not there. I am not worried, and if anybody is going to be worried, it is going to be the coach.

Still worried, Sonny doubters?

For me, a sign of a player really out of form is someone who isn't even getting into the positions. All three games we have played so far he has had opportunities, he's just not quite finished them off. Maybe he's got a bit of hangover from last season.

Liverpool won 9-0 yesterday and Salah didn't get on the scoresheet. He has numerous games where he is ineffective but very rarely gets dropped.

Kane & Son partnership is a no brainer.

Just a reminder that in 21-22 in our last 10 games Sonny scored an amazing 12 goals.
However last season he went 4 games once and 3 games another time without scoring.
His corner led to the winner v Wolves and he also hit the post.
And he got an assist v Soton.

I get that everyone wants to get our shiny new striker out of the wrapping paper and some serious playing time - I’m one of them. But Sonny has always been streaky as a player and seems to need games to shape himself into that unplayable mode.
Whatever Conte decides, I’m more than happy with.
If he wants to give Richy a start and drop any of the front 3 to get him some game time then I don’t mind who drops to the bench. It’s a good dilemma

Just going to copy and paste Conte’s words in his recent interview right here..
Sonny is enjoying his football every day. To think he is enjoying it more or less just because of one goal, it is ridiculous. We are trying to create a problem when the problem is not there. I am not worried, and if anybody is going to be worried, it is going to be the coach.

Still worried, Sonny doubters?
Yes i'm still worried. He has been absolutely s**** since this season start.
I hope he doesn't start next game. This just a bad message to other players in the team, aka no matter how s**** you are, if i like you i will still play you no matter what.
We should have none of that. No matter what your name is, if you are not performing well, you should know your place can be taken any given moment.

Yes i'm still worried. He has been absolutely s**** since this season start.
I hope he doesn't start next game. This just a bad message to other players in the team, aka no matter how s**** you are, if i like you i will still play you no matter what.
We should have none of that. No matter what your name is, if you are not performing well, you should know your place can be taken any given moment.
Well we already delivered that message last season when we kept starting Kane even though he was shit for months with a bunch of transfer news.

It's understandable why Conte can't just drop Son though.. He was our top scorer + top chance maker last season. You cant just bench someone like that based on 4 games.

Last edited:
Well we already delivered that message last season when we kept starting Kane even though he was shit for months with a bunch of transfer news.

It's understandable why Conte can't just drop Son though.. He was our top scorer + top chance maker last season. You cant just bench someone like that based on 4 games.
Our only option last season was literally Stevie B last season
Had Richie been on our squad last season, you probably wouldn't have seen Kane start many of the games until Conte joined

How many he needs, half season??? I fully disagree. You should not be playing based on what you have done last season or 5 before that. That is terrible view.

Last edited:
I don't think he can be mad at anybody but himself. He's been the least productive of all the forward players and if the player on the bench that you are competing with is making a difference everytime he comes on then you need to up your game or lose your place. That's football you want to play earn it with how you perform.

I don't think he can be mad at anybody but himself. He's been the least productive of all the forward players and if the player on the bench that you are competing with is making a difference everytime he comes on then you need to up your game or lose your place. That's football you want to play earn it with how you perform.

Agreed and this was our issue last season. Son or Kane could have terrible games and no chance their place was at risk because we had no quality off the bench. Richarlison is good enough to start and currently should now be starting ahead of Son

Back
Top Bottom