Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The atmosphere these days in this forum is like he is not supposed to play for us.
If he is not performing you should be able to call it out as you see it. I don't think we're dropping to Madrid standards where their fans boo one of the best of all time. He is playing atrocious right now, we know he can do better but now we have some depth up top if he isn't doing it him starting should be questioned,especially when the guy that keeps on coming on and is making a difference.

What a crock of absolute big stuff by some posters.

Son is more than likely but a spark away from going on a scoring spree. On another day he he would have bagged 2 or 3 yesterday.

In Kane, Son, Richarlison, Moura and Kulusevski we have 5 forward players who 15 of the other 19 other clubs can only dream of.

If we are to talk about anything it's about trying to get the bloke a contract that keeps him at the club until he is 33.

The lack of that midfielder in the Eriksen mould is the only thing that worries me at present, and our inability to dominate a team from start to finish.

Son should not be on the first page of this board.

Son's corner was dead on target to Perisic who then assisted Kane. He had a couple of good chances in the second half as well.. and in the end we won the match.

He is in (very) poor form compared to the end of last season, but with that golden boot I think he has a few more matches of goodwill to cash in before Richarlison starts before him. Especially if we aren't losing..

Son's corner was dead on target to Perisic who then assisted Kane. He had a couple of good chances in the second half as well.. and in the end we won the match.

He is in (very) poor form compared to the end of last season, but with that golden boot I think he has a few more matches of goodwill to cash in before Richarlison starts before him. Especially if we aren't losing..
Conte won't drop him.

That's because he's an actual football manager and not a TV repair man who posts on football forums occasionally.

Last edited:
Like everyone said, Sons career with us is filled with purple patches. He just needs one goal to go on a run. Having said that, I’m glad to see we have such a great outlet on the right in Kulu. What a player he’s turning out to be and it’s great to see that of even one of our front three is firing blanks, we do have two more. In the past, if one of Kane or Son was misfiring, it seemed to effect the other but not so much anymore. We have a couple of outlets for them all now. The day all three are firing on all cylinders; well let’s just say then we are probably one of the top, if not the top attacking trifecta in football. Hopefully that’ll happen in the second half of the season when the games get tougher and we’re looking for silverware.

What is up with his touch at the moment? Bouncing off him like a pinball.
The whole team looked tired and lethargic.. and that was even at the start of the game. Not making excuses for Son of course, but the general energy levels for most of our players are not what they were at the latter part of last season.

So the above could be related to his touch, but he has been having a bit of a Kane-esque (from last season) start to this campaign. He will be back on it for sure.. just hopefully sooner rather than later.

His touch is terrible at the moment, he is scuffing set pieces, struggling to get a decent shot away. Kills our team at the moment because he is giving the ball away too cheaply.

Son has always been streaky and I think you see it on the pitch when things aren't working for him. His head drops a bit, I think he starts overthinking everything. Eventually, something comes off for him and he gets confident, puffs out his chest and plays like superman. That will happen again.

But what I'd like to see, now we have Richarlison, is for Sonny to come off the bench for a game or two, during his down spell. When he sparks into life (off the bench against a tired opponent), then you give him a run until the streak ends.

The whole team looked tired and lethargic.. and that was even at the start of the game. Not making excuses for Son of course, but the general energy levels for most of our players are not what they were at the latter part of last season.

So the above could be related to his touch, but he has been having a bit of a Kane-esque (from last season) start to this campaign. He will be back on it for sure.. just hopefully sooner rather than later.
Harry Kane in his interview made the point that Wolves lost out physically as the game went on.

I would say we lack that early explosive energy of many teams, but there is stamina (mental and physical) that sees us through. It's a 90 minute game after all.

Harry Kane in his interview made the point that Wolves lost out physically as the game went on.

I would say we lack that early explosive energy of many teams, but there is stamina (mental and physical) that sees us through. It's a 90 minute game after all.
We just have to be careful not to start too slowly, or we could lose the game before we have a chance to finish strong. Don't think we have got the balance right yet.

His touch is terrible at the moment, he is scuffing set pieces, struggling to get a decent shot away. Kills our team at the moment because he is giving the ball away too cheaply.

Son has always been streaky and I think you see it on the pitch when things aren't working for him. His head drops a bit, I think he starts overthinking everything. Eventually, something comes off for him and he gets confident, puffs out his chest and plays like superman. That will happen again.

But what I'd like to see, now we have Richarlison, is for Sonny to come off the bench for a game or two, during his down spell. When he sparks into life (off the bench against a tired opponent), then you give him a run until the streak ends.
I agree. I think he should start on the bench for a game or so. But at the same time I don't know how much of an impact player he is off the bench.. so he would need to return to the starting lineup sometime shortly after.

My only worry with him dropping to the bench is he may over think things more and try to make more of an impression in order to solidify his place. And that may not work out if he then acts too selfish etc.. so that could go either way.

So all around I think the best was is to not drop him, but more just rotate him when we are playing 2 games a week. So he would start 1 game and the other game he would start on the bench etc..

We are playing Forest next weekend and then West Ham mid week. So now is the perfect time for rotation. I would have him start on the bench against Forest (but still get some game time) and then start against West Ham midweek who he has a great record against.

Last edited:

but with that golden boot I think he has a few more matches of goodwill ? Lol

Hopefully Son is not hung up on the golden boot like you seem to think everyone should be. To me it was nothing much more than one more spectacular goal at the end of last season and the extra feel good in game of football it gave me. What counted more to me was the fact that he walked through the low low of the team with the club he plays for and did everything he could to save it.

Another golden boot? Lol. Sure why not. Give me the trophy though now will you?

That's all well and good but what happens when we do that vs somebody like city or Liverpool and they come out and bury their chances and put 3 past us in half hour and know how to manage a game. I don't think stamina will come in to it personally. I think we'll be pushing our luck thinking we can get away with it all season.

That's all well and good but what happens when we do that vs somebody like city or Liverpool and they come out and bury their chances and put 3 past us in half hour and know how to manage a game. I don't think stamina will come in to it personally. I think we'll be pushing our luck thinking we can get away with it all season.

We have already pushed our share of luck. Leeds are playing better against Chavs than we did. We played like jellyfish as usual but lucked out. We played bad again yesterday against a team that couldn't score a single goal in their last 6 or 7 games? We almost resuscitated their season yesterday letting their bleak offense threten us many times. Citing to some mysterious power to winning the game out is.. well Id rather not say again at this point because there is no point repeating repeating

Players play within the context of the manager's plan. I don't second guess Conte because his strategy works, but like a lot of Italian managers he will start the game in a defensive posture and only open up once his team has scored. Against Chelsea the front three didn't get opportunities in the first half because Spurs were packed back in a 5-4-1 when Chelsea had the ball. So how do you judge Son in that game? Today was a little more open with some first half periods of good possession, but still not aggressive. In both games Richarlison, to his credit, came it with fresh legs (and in the context of half-time adjustments) and played well. But if the situation had been reversed in either game and Richarlison had started and Son came off the bench people would be saying Richarlison was a bust and why are we not playing Son more. Happy Spurs have Son, happy Spurs have Richarlison. Seems a bit unfair that people turn on players so quickly, especially one who has done so much for the team.

You make it look very black and white.

But issue is gray.
It is obvious that Son is brilliant player and his finishing ability is off the charts.
But despite that he has been clearly poor in last 2 games.
Even if ball is not delivered to him / other attacking players - he has to be able to participate in buildup himself as well. It's not like he has been forbidden to outrun or out-dribble any opposition players. But when in reality he does not do that but instead loses ball with too optimistic touch - then it is a worry. Giving ball away easily (in both games) gives ball to opposition players and puts us under more pressure.

Also I do not see "people turning on him" - maybe 1 post in recent past but not more.
People are saying that he has been very-very poor in past two games. And this is fair cause he has.
People are saying that due to that, we should give Richie chance to start. This does not say that we would hate Son. Or that we would not want him to start ever again. But if issues are managed reasonably, then when one player is not performing, he could be rotated with someone else who might. Thats all.

What a sub-human cunt of a man. Find him. Ban him. Make him club ambassador....
FIXED.

Let's face it, the majority of their fanbase is still FULL of far right racist/Nazi white males....
Tell me it ain't so...

Until the day we play them, and there aren't a coupla thousand+ Combat 18 neo Nazis marching up Tottenham High Road hissing and Zeig Heiling, then I'm prepared to believe they've solved the problem...

But it's been the same thing for 30+ years, so tell me when it's gonna change, and who exactly is gonna change it?

I love the Chelsea media soundbyte about not tolerating this kind of racism....

They've been 'tolerating it' and subliminally promoting it for DECADES! They fucking LOVE IT!
John Terry is their fucking hero.... What does that tell you?

Maybe their fans now doing Slitty-Eyes instead of Zeig Heiling seen as progress...

At least it's not HISSING...

Maybe they HAVE moved on from anti-Semitism.... We'll done.
They've graduated from Far right Anti semitism, to Far East stereotypes now...

For them, that probably equals SUCCESS!!

Nazi cunts

FIXED.

Let's face it, the majority of their fanbase is still FULL of far right racist/Nazi white males....
Tell me it ain't so...

Until the day we play them, and there aren't a coupla thousand+ Combat 18 neo Nazis marching up Tottenham High Road hissing and Zeig Heiling, then I'm prepared to believe they've solved the problem...

But it's been the same thing for 30+ years, so tell me when it's gonna change, and who exactly is gonna change it?

I love the Chelsea media soundbyte about not tolerating this kind of racism....

They've been 'tolerating it' and subliminally promoting it for DECADES! They fucking LOVE IT!
John Terry is their fucking hero.... What does that tell you?

Maybe their fans now doing Slitty-Eyes instead of Zeig Heiling seen as progress...

At least it's not HISSING...

Maybe they HAVE moved on from anti-Semitism.... We'll done.
They've graduated from Far right Anti semitism, to Far East stereotypes now...

For them, that probably equals SUCCESS!!

Nazi cunts
That's a lot to process!
They can all fuck off

Back
Top Bottom