Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Herad on TalkSport that the Koreans have to do mandatory 2 years military service or something before the age of 28, does anyone know if he has done this already?

This is true! If Son had played in the London Olympic team he would have been exempted as Korea got the bronze medal but at that time he decided to focus on his team career :( In case he win a bronze medal from the next Olympic or a gold medal from the Asian Cup (or semifinals of the World Cup, wont happen again ;p) as a member of the national squad he'll be exempted, so there's slight hope remained. Fingers crossed!

Otherwise there might be some ways to postpone the service until 35 years old but then he really have to serve as a normal soldier (if done before 28 he can play football in the military football team which is belong to the second league), so he wouldnt do that.

Last edited:
This is true! If Son had played in the London Olympic team he would have been exempted as Korea got the bronze medal but at that time he decided to focus on his team career :( In case he win a bronze medal from the next Olympic or a gold medal from the Asian Cup (or semifinals of the World Cup, wont happen again ;p) as a member of the national squad he'll be exempted, so there's slight hope remained. Fingers crossed!

Otherwise there might be some ways to postpone the service until 35 years old but then he really have to serve as a normal soldier (if done before 28 he can play football in the military football team which is belong to the second league), so he wouldnt do that.

I wouldn't worry, our next manager will sell him back to Germany for half the money well before he's 28.

:lamelashock:

Min Son would be a decent signing if he adapts. Bundesliga is the closet to PL imo.
Lamela and Fazio could be gone too.
However, I feel it's imperative that we sought out Fazio, Lennon and Adebayor. 2 of those are definitely not going to feature. Fazio may, if we get unfortunate injuries, but we don't need to be paying anymore players to not play for us.

PS. I wonder, if we buy him, if the money grabbing Levy will insist on H.M. SON or even H.MIN SON instead of the cheaper 3 letter SON?:levylol:

You see Poch being a sly fox, I see a man not giving a straight answer to a fairly reasonable question. If Leverkusen are saying Son is having a medical then that's a bit more than a rumour. Fair enough, the deal isn't done but at least acknowledge that it's real.

That's like being accused of having an affair with your mate's wife, then answering his door while wiping your dick and saying "maybe, maybe not".
you might be fucking his dog

Min Son would be a decent signing if he adapts. Bundesliga is the closet to PL imo.
However, I feel it's imperative that we sought out Fazio, Lennon and Adebayor. 2 of those are definitely not going to feature. Fazio may, if we get unfortunate injuries, but we don't need to be paying anymore players to not play for us.

PS. I wonder, if we buy him, if the money grabbing Levy will insist on H.M. SON or even H.MIN SON instead of the cheaper 3 letter SON?:levylol:

May simplify H.M. SON to 'Prince.'

It'll probably be written in Korean characters for a charming £10 each...

:levyeyes:

From memory how it works is that because he's a top footballer and in the national team they let him just join the army reserves and probably only have to do a couple weeks of stuff in the off-season.

At the Asian cup a few players had to salute when the national anthem was being played because they were technically military personnel in the reserves.

They'll sort something out where he can continue to play football,

Unless the North Koreans don't behave....

From memory how it works is that because he's a top footballer and in the national team they let him just join the army reserves and probably only have to do a couple weeks of stuff in the off-season.

At the Asian cup a few players had to salute when the national anthem was being played because they were technically military personnel in the reserves.

They'll sort something out where he can continue to play football,

Unless the North Koreans don't behave....

Nope, the 4 week military training thing is when he won the medal at the Olympic or the Asian Cup.. otherwise he has to serve for 18 months. The players who saluted are the ones who are belong to the military football team to serve the military service.

Just browsed and according to the updated military service law, Son can postpone the service until he's 35 years old. So the military issue is sorted I guess.

Last edited:
Cant believe ppl here still didnt post this vid.
49 goals he made in Bundesliga.
He scored 10+ goals for three years in a row. He's only 23 years old.. That's quite impressive.

That goal at 27:05.... still gives me goosebumps. What a perfect set-piece teamwork.

Last edited:
Just browsed and according to the updated military service law, Son can postpone the service until he's 35 years old. So the military issue is sorted I guess.

He still has chance to get exemption though..
Son + Barcelona starlets will definitely win a gold medal for Korea in the next Asian Game.

If you guys havent heard of LSW, search for him. Apparently he's the biggest starlet in La Masia at the moment.. Too bad he's banned till next January though lol.

most korean fans here hope that a medal from next year's olympics could get rid of son's service

too bad he wasnt included in the 12' olympic national squad:disdain:

most korean fans here hope that a medal from next year's olympics could get rid of son's service

too bad he wasnt included in the 12' olympic national squad:disdain:

I doubt Korea will win a medal next year. Korean olympic national team was pretty much their senior NT back in 2012 because they were going through generation changes. That's why they were so strong.. They should look forward to winning the next Asian Game instead with 3 Barcelona starlets.

I don't know what the deal is. AVB would not let players outside a zone. And Poch seems to be doing a trio of AM's with free roles loosely central, left and right and none of them know when to stick or twist going forward. There is so much hesitancy that you can only put it down to bad coaching.

Well I think thats whatPoch wants, what has been terrible about our 4-2-3-1 is the lack of pace and flexibility of the 3 behind Kane, they are stifling attacks and not creative

The only time it worked was the Chelsea game when for some reason they actually did interchange and was a fucking nightmare for them to defend, hopefully with Son and Clint they can actually move, create, interchange and actually shoot too, exactly what you need

Think of the utimate, which is De Bruyne, sterling, silva behind aguero, that movement creativity. We just have Chadli doing bits and pieces but excellent at finding space to score, Eriksen under performing and Lamela useless, so these two will really start to get things "moving"

Nailed it,

All of of our 3 AMs been either useless or injured for much this fledgling season. When the opponent can simply mark out Harry and wait for Lamela to give them the ball back it's not going to be terribly pretty, no matter how many times Mousa is able to wrest the ball back again.

Son is great at moving into space and being decisive. His economy of touch is the balance we need.

Also, looks like ppl here dont know where Son exactly plays. His main position is left flank but he can play on the right/center as well. He personally doesnt like to play as a top striker though. Also, even though he played on the left for Leverkusen, he usually positioned himself in the middle along with the main striker. He barely makes a run + crosses the ball btw.. His playing style is pretty similar to Robben's.

Back
Top Bottom