Home match vs Watford - 06/02 - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hangover just clearing after last night's shampoo!
Old age.....

Delighted with our position and amazed we didn't win by 4

I said earlier in the season that our full backs were our weak spot but not now
They were both excellent yesterday and we can now easily rotate all four with no problems

Good performances all round and I thought Son caught the eye when he came on
Looked strong and sharp

Can't see ManC living with us

:pochohshit:

One day we are going to covert the majority of the chances we create and that's when people really will take notice!
Yes, if there's one 'issue' that requires Poch's attention it's our conversion rate.
38 crosses yesterday (including corners).
20 chances created.
27 shots (all attempts, the highest of the season so far).
9 shots on target but only 2 (one of which resulted in the goal) in the prime scoring zone (as defined by the width of the 6 yard box and the length of the penalty box).
In the losses to N'castle and LeiC we managed a total of 12 shots from within the prime zone (PScZ) otherwise, in games where we have scored 3 or more goals,
there has either been a corresponding high number of shots from within the PScZ, or, our conversion rate has been high e.g. Tuesday night at Norwich where
we scored 3 out of 3 from the PScZ.
Maybe we missed Alli yesterday?

I don't believe anyone can claim, they're favourites by any standard other than the point gap. Which, granted, is significant at this stage, but as much as it's been debated here and elsewhere whether we're a Kane injury away from disaster, I think, it's most definitely the case for Leicester. With a third of the season left, there's no way I'll make a team who has two thirds of their goals from just two players. Combined with their insane conversion rate, their form isn't sustainable.
Favourite at the bookies.
Yes its all ifs and buts at this stage.
Lets see how they get on against the scum next week-that will be a telling game for them as much as our game against City. All teams at this stage of the season that have been in LC position has gone on to win it. I feel they can do it, my fear is the Scum will do it, my hope and heart wish us to do it. You are right there is a lot of points to play for and in our case and others at the top, cup games also. LC have a straight clear run.

CR has created a protecting bubble around them and they are playing without any pressure. This will start to wilt away staring with, Vardy getting a new contract (other LC players will have to react to this and feel, what about us?and LC being fav at the bookies can not be ignored-they are being told they will win the PL. (pressure). I feel these are negative little things that can snow ball.

Unfortunately we won't have much affect on whether Leicester win the title... by virtue of blowing that 'privilage' in our two games and one point against them!
What we can do, however is lose to City and ArseAnal to help decrease the points gap they have over everyone, but I'd rather we didn't do that... is that what you meant?

I can honestly say, that Leicester even daring to win the League would be the 'feelgood story' of football... and like their style or not, I think every fan of every club (OTHER than those in with a shout of the title) would wish them well... typical that its us that will be tarred as the bad guys if we ruin for the... but fuck it, if need be, then WE MUST BE THE PARTY POOPERS... LET THE POOPING BEGIN!
You said some time ago that the Scum always score quickly in succession , how right you are 2 in 2 mutes at Bournemouth .

It could get exciting beyond anyones expectations. :pocheyes:If(big) Leicester should get lots of draws as we all hope and drop off.:pochbye: It could turn into a two horse race between us and the scum.:pochwtf:
I don't know about anyone else but I don't think I could actually handle the insanity of it all. :pochfacepalm:Should it turn out this way. Neck and neck until the last fooking day. :pochohshit: Imagine the pain the agony of those last 90mins plus stoppage time on the last day. Followed by the stunning shock and realisation.
We have won the fooking league! :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::pochsmirk:

Made ever so sweeter knowing there are scum bags out there crying, raging like little disappointed spoiled brats!:pochlol:

You said some time ago that the Scum always score quickly in succession , how right you are 2 in 2 mutes at Bournemouth .
I honestly don't know how they can do it so often. .. we'd ALL like to score a second goal quickly to effectively 'mentally' kill off teams... and yet they somehow manage to do it so often...
I am genuinely worried about next weekend 'cos you just KNOW Leicester's momentum is gonna be derailed at some point... I'd have hoped it would be at ours last month... but I wouldn't be at all surprised if their fairytale season comes unstuck next week...
Don't get me wrong, im not ruling us out just yet... uf we DO somehow manage to win at City, it'll surely be a North London tussle for the title!
imagine THAT!!!????

I honestly don't know how they can do it so often. .. we'd ALL like to score a second goal quickly to effectively 'mentally' kill off teams... and yet they somehow manage to do it so often...
I am genuinely worried about next weekend 'cos you just KNOW Leicester's momentum is gonna be derailed at some point... I'd have hoped it would be at ours last month... but I wouldn't be at all surprised if their fairytale season comes unstuck next week...
Don't get me wrong, im not ruling us out just yet... uf we DO somehow manage to win at City, it'll surely be a North London tussle for the title!
imagine THAT!!!????
I know I shouldn't say it but I'd love that. For it to be us personally who takes their best chance at a title in years in our only proper title challenge in the PL era would be too good.

I know I shouldn't say it but I'd love that. For it to be us personally who takes their best chance at a title in years in our only proper title challenge in the PL era would be too good.
You do know this is real life, and not some Hollywood script, don't you?
That kinda shit only happens to clubs owned by Oil Rich Arabs or Russian Oligarchs... not Daniel Levy!
:levystare:

....we get the shits on the last day!

That's our Hollywood ending!
:levywhoa:

Despite us only winning 1-0, one of the best performances yet.

Penned them in their half, heck, only one half needed to be used. Everyone pressing from the front, closing them down, and marauding down the flanks.

On Watford, I'd say that even if Deeney hadn't come on, we'd still have found a way to nick it. However, since they aren't afraid of getting relegated, it was the right decision to stifle first half, try a smash and grab in the second. Getting a draw is well and good if they need the points, and they don't, so might as well have tried nick it.

City, Swansea, West Ham and Woolwich will all attack us, so we could be in for a good run.

Would love to see how we match up against Fiorentina this year too with a proper squad.

imagine THAT!!!????
Our target this season was top 4 ,we seem to be on target for this, the rest is bonus as far as I'm concern. As for the scum, I'm with you and feel worried they could do it- saying that, LC should beat the Scum as they will have one eye on Barcelona. Hopefully City will be looking at their CL game and we can take advantage. In effect, we have the extra day rest before our EL game in midweek so be able to give it alittle bit more than them.-positive thinking?

I don't believe anyone can claim, they're favourites by any standard other than the point gap. Which, granted, is significant at this stage, but as much as it's been debated here and elsewhere whether we're a Kane injury away from disaster, I think, it's most definitely the case for Leicester. With a third of the season left, there's no way I'll make a team who has two thirds of their goals from just two players. Combined with their insane conversion rate, their form isn't sustainable.

I would base them as favourites based on their recent results against the 'larger' teams - they haven't just remained undefeated they have comfortably beaten them all (apart from us :)) and hopefully Woolwich next.

Chelsea, check
Liverpool, check (Ok, theyre not great but they are only one of two teams to beat the foxes)
Man City, check
Spurs, check
Not sure about MUTD as a while ago, but they didn't lose that one.

Anybody showing that consistent awesomeness has flapped away consistent doubts about the ability to maintain this freak streak.

It isnt freak anymore, the played fantastic against City, the best I've seen for an away team at the Ethihad - swatted Man city aside with verve and panash.

The absorb pressure with incredible organisation and belief but the best bit is the way they use it on the rare attack they are allowed - very clinical and making the right final 3rd decisions.

I think this is the area we are improving on now - we have the best back 5 in the league, the best centre midfield IMO - we have this foundation, and now need to work on our last third game - being more clever, and thus clinical like Utd in past seasons, Woolwich, Chelsea in past seasons and ofcourse Barcelona.

Every month I have looked a the fixtures and thought 'that's tough,' and every month the team has stepped up.
We still have tough games at Chelsea, Anfield, West Ham and home games against Man U and Woolwich etc.
But teams that we have played twice, like Everton, are in good form. I loved being there yesterday, watching a team playing without fear.
If we keep winning we will be playing twice a week till May. I believe that we will thrive on that.
We are Audering and definitely, absolutely Facering!
COYS! :coys:
Actually the infinitive (daring and doing) is actually audere and facere too. They can either mean to dare/to do, or daring/doing. The 2nd dictionary form is the infinitive.

:troll: (That's what latin class does to ya)

Blackburn?
Jack Walker...

...your turn!

...OK, not quite in the same Bagazillionaire bracket as some nowadays... but back in the early '90s, I distinctly remember Blackburn being accused of 'Buying the title with Uncle Jack's money...' remember, back then, you could buy a Shearer, Sutton and Hendry for what it costs nowadays to keep Sergio Aguero in a month's supply of "Mate" (it's a South American drink BTW!!)

Back
Top Bottom