Home match vs Watford - 06/02 - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watched Watford against the Chavs last night and was completely underwhelmed

They do string a few passes together but I thought the Chavs outfought them 2nd half and they are still shite IMO despite their unbeaten run

With our high pressing game I can't see Ighalo or Deeney getting a sniff

Expect Alli, Lamela and Eriksen to run the midfield with Dier covering just behind them

Game over by 60 mins with us 3-0 up then rest a couple and get Carroll, Son or maybe Chadli on

Sorry but Bentelab further down pecking order for me

you have a right to be optimistic. its a good way to be.
but i wouldnt say we are favourites for every match we play.
suprised if we get made favourites away to man city.
i still would say they are the favourites considering they are at home.
I'd have us evens at City.

Our away form is VERY solid, their home form - they spank teams like Palace and Sunderland by 4, so what.

Everton (not great) was 0-0, and a last minute winner v managerless Swansea, 2-1.

I think we are hitting our stride now. Not only being tight, but scoring too.

Pick the team that beat
Wet Spam 4-1
Palace 1-3
Norwich 0-3

and I think we have an excellent chance to beat them there.

get Carroll ... Bentelab further down pecking order for me
6eb25e48da1727d86c6f81bf2f5be0d5.jpg

Lloris

Trippier Alderweireld Wimmer Rose

Dier Dembele

Lamela Son Eriksen

Kane

I'd bench Alli to let him completely recover from his man-flu, only bringing him on if we need him.

We definitely want him fit for the City match.

3-0 Spurs.

I'd have us evens at City.

Our away form is VERY solid, their home form - they spank teams like Palace and Sunderland by 4, so what.

Everton (not great) was 0-0, and a last minute winner v managerless Swansea, 2-1.

I think we are hitting our stride now. Not only being tight, but scoring too.

Pick the team that beat
Wet Spam 4-1
Palace 1-3
Norwich 0-3

and I think we have an excellent chance to beat them there.

I said it before but names and big price tags have meant less than ever before this season

Leicester have been the toughest team we have played by a stretch, then it was West Brom who were superb

I expect to win on Saturday with Dier dropping back in more to cover the two strikers like last time

He consistently creates more chances than any other player. It's madness to leave him out. No one recycles the ball quicker, and no one covers more ground.
Eriksen does everything with such calm and ease, most of the time it does look like he's not even trying. People mistake that for not actually trying, he's a maestro!

Eriksen does everything with such calm and ease, most of the time it does look like he's not even trying. People mistake that for not actually trying, he's a maestro!
Kinda reminds me of Modric. Not as good at controlling games of course but he's always on the ball seemingly pulling the strings from deeper nowadays.

How would we be playing so well and in 18th place...? Surely to be that low, we'd need to be losing and drawing more, and that requires us to not be playing as well?
I always think league position is based on what you have done compared to others, we know we're not as good as barca (yet) but knowing where better than liverpoo or such ilk is shown as table position.

We can play well and not get results which has already been shown by too many draws and at least 2 of our losses, maybe it was extreme to say 18th but I think my point still stands

I expect this to be a game where spurs are forced to spend 30minutes breaking down Watford's 8-0-2 formation with Troy and Igahlo setting up base camp on the half way line. Once we get a goal Watford will have no choice but to open up and then we can can go to town. I see this as a comfortable 4-0 win. COYS!
another early spurs goal would set this up perfectly

you have a right to be optimistic. its a good way to be.
but i wouldnt say we are favourites for every match we play.
suprised if we get made favourites away to man city.
i still would say they are the favourites considering they are at home.
I'd be over the moon if we got a point away to City. It's more important that we consistently beat the lower sides, especially at home

Watford will give us a hard game. I would want workers in the team which means Lamela over Son. Walker & Davies are more solid defensively and would be my choice for this match. Apart from that side picks itself as at Norwich. Not sure re 3 at back as it will not be a surprise this time but always an option if we are under pressure. This is the type of match where 3 points is a must and hopefully secured earlier than last time.

I feel like we should just ignore the table and take each game as it comes really. No point in putting too much pressure on the lads...

Agree, one game at a time...

"We should take 3 points here. And if we play as we know we can we'll take 3 points from city. Our initial target was 4th - 5th and we should keep that in mind. Get behind the lads and sing our hearts out though and maybe we can see something special...

Disagree, looking further than one game at a time.

Lets get Watford played and see where we are, the game against City will be dictated by this weekends result.

Game rolling round thick and fast now, important to keep the run going.

After the solid displays against Palace and Norwich respectively, I wouldn't change the team much. They are all playing for each other, working hard and wanting to win.

Watford can cause more issues than Norwich did, hence the league position, and with Ighalo and Deeney there is always a chance of them scoring.

If the team play like they have been and the with crowd in full voice then I'm confident of a result.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderwiereld, Wimmer, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Son, Alli, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

Having had a quick read through the predictions I am surprised nobody has gone for a defeat. I believe we will lose this one by a single goal.

I fully expect Watford to be put 10 men behind the goal and sit there for 90 minutes, with occasional counter attacks from ighalo and co.An early goal will be vital in breaking this boring routine from playing out.

Back
Top Bottom