Home match vs Watford - 06/02 - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They're a damn good team on their day, and I'm nervous about Ighalo vs. Wimmer, but form and the pitch will certainly be on our side.

To be honest, I'm hoping that Watford are slumping now that safety is looking all but certain.

Interesting to see that the players themselves (on SpursTV at least) commented on the terrible pitch at Watford's ground. When I was watching the match I was livid at how many shit passes we made, but it did seem like the pitch completely threw us off. Made for long ball tactics and all that.

So... Who will be the first to spy on their forum this time?

4-6 points from the next two games we are right up there.
The great thing is that I don't look at any game and think, oh well, we wont get much out of this. We are favourites for every game we play in my opinion. I expect us to beat Watford and I don't think City will be able to handle us either, no way we'll lose either of these.

Need to consolidate last night's win with more of the same on Saturday...
Be Professional, take the chances, kill them off as soon as we can... 'cos Watford are gonna be all out for revennnnnge after our last minute winner at Vicarage Road... they won't be a walkover... far from it.

I can only hope the memory of taking Newcastle 'lightly' reminds the players that Saturday is as important as the City game... one game at a time, 'cos they can't afford to take their eye off the ball (figuratively, and literally) for a second!

That said (the bit about one game at at a time) if we do get a good result on Saturday it will ALSO mean we won't go to Man City having to win, without that nagging worry that we'll be overtaken the moment we drop points (which, unless we win every game between now and the end of the season, we're gonna drop at some point!) but if you take that immediate 'pressure' away by creating some distance between us and 5th down, then we can perform to our full capabilities in both games!!

4-6 points from the next two games we are right up there.
The great thing is that I don't look at any game and think, oh well, we wont get much out of this. We are favourites for every game we play in my opinion. I expect us to beat Watford and I don't think City will be able to handle us either, no way we'll lose either of these.
They say confidence breeds confidence... Well there's confidence and there's confidence... yours seems to be hovering somewhere between late'90s Man United fan and Gooner!!!!

City vs Leicester is a big game this weekend. Ideally we could do with a draw. Then if we beat Watford and City we go ahead of them.

Yes I am. Apparently he ran a kilometre more than any player last night. It's always Kane and him who top those stats, if you watch live it's quite obvious. I'm sorry, I can't find the chances created stuff. Maybe one of the stats guys can help? But I keep seeing that Twitter Spurs stats bloke posting to that effect.

The ground coverage thing is hard to track. But eriksen has averaged 3.3 key passes a game in the league and Lamela has averaged 2.

3 points from this match is crucial really. I don't expect much from the City game. I'd be over the moon if we got 4 points from the next 2 fixtures

I think we can go to City and win. We're playing with no fear and every team we come against will it be looking forward to playing us. Unbeaten away since the first game, best defence and a striker in shithot form. City will struggle to contain us all game.

Here's my video for this game:

Maybe I should have waited until after the Watford-Chelsea game to make this because I can see something big happening.

Over half of the matches the top 5 are involved in over the next 3 league fixtures are against each other, meaning dropped points galore. I feel that they may define the season.
Worst Case? Leicester winning all 3. However, this gives us the chance to make up ground on City, more so if we can get something there. Scum have Leicester at home, after Bournemouth away and before United away. We can increase our advantage over them.
If Leicester draw their next two, against City and the Scum, that would be best case, imvho.

The permutations are endless. (Edit: Of course they're not endless, I can't be arsed to work them all out. Perhaps one of the predictor fans could run through the permutations.)

On paper, we have the least formidable task of the top 5.

Routinish 2-1 Win, like the one at their place.

Last edited:
Hope they don't keep playing for set pieces like they did at their place. Very Pulis.
I also hope we stop giving away needless free kicks in our third. Teams seem to be inviting us to do that, just think that Saturday will be a big physical battle all over the pitch.COYS!

Over half of the matches the top 5 are involved in over the next 3 league fixtures are against each other, meaning dropped points galore. I feel that they may define the season.
Worst Case? Leicester winning all 3. However, this gives us the chance to make up ground on City, more so if we can get something there. Scum have Leicester at home, after Bournemouth away and before United away. We can increase our advantage over them.
If Leicester draw their next two, against City and the Scum, that would be best case, imvho.

The permutations are endless. (Edit: Of course they're not endless, I can't be arsed to work them all out. Perhaps one of the predictor fans could run through the permutations.)

On paper, we have the least formidable task of the top 5.

Routinish 2-1 Win, like the one at their place.
We play all above us and Utd/Chaves. All big games that make or break your season-

We need to win our games and then look at other results (game by game). There is still lots of points to play for and LC will not drop many. City look like they are up for a PL title fight and will go all the way. The Scum will come good once they get knocked out the CL., Utd are improving. Im not convinced we are title contenders and feel it can all go wrong after just one poor result, thats how close it is. We mustn't get carried away although I agree the next few fixtures could have teams changing places?

Back
Top Bottom