Home match vs Watford - 06/02 - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First game I'll be at in a while-delighted to be getting back to the park lane;)
No way will we start three CBs at home against these-normal formation, Dier always drops in when we are under pressure anyway-lots of width.
I'd start Rose and prefer Walker for this cos hes bigger and stronger than Trippier and can at least challenge for a diagonal ball from the back which is what they'll do-thats how they got the goal last time out.

Every game is a must win game atm if we want to go anywhere near the title or even top 3-we have a shocking run of games at the business end and NEED three here and give city a fucking go at theirs.
We do that, the belief will be there and without a manager flirting with a poxy National team position at the helm we will most definitely have a chance.

Sonny almost scored another back heel last night, probably saving it for Watford round 2 though.

son_3536461b.jpg

Sorry Gomes!

I'm not fucking sorry!

---------------------------Lloris---------------------------
Walker-----Alderweireld------Wimmer-----Davies
------------------Dier---------Dembele----------------
Lamela-----------------Alli--------------------Son
----------------The Lord Christ himself------------------

Thats if we dont play 3 at the back again, ive tried to make it a mean hard-working team. Alli needs to be there to get stuck in, Lamela and Son are creative and ultra hard working, Davies is better defensively and Dier and Dembele are basically Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction.

People saying not the same team as last time and all that fucking nonsense are the first to say "spursy" when we dont win, just because we are well within our means to win doesn't mean this isnt A PREMIER LEAGUE GAME. Theyre all gonna be tough and the way these lot played and got beat at home they have a vengeance.

Thats if we dont play 3 at the back again, ive tried to make it a mean hard-working team. Alli needs to be there to get stuck in, Lamela and Son are creative and ultra hard working, Davies is better defensively and Dier and Dembele are basically Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction.

People saying not the same team as last time and all that fucking nonsense are the first to say "spursy" when we dont win, just because we are well within our means to win doesn't mean this isnt A PREMIER LEAGUE GAME. Theyre all gonna be tough and the way these lot played and got beat at home they have a vengeance.

No Eriksen? Sin bin vote cast.

No Eriksen? On the back of a motm performance and just good performances in general? He makes us tick, can't leave him out

Ive seen many players get a MOTM performance and not play consecutively?

Does everyone suddenly have little faith in the squad?

Its not like i hate they guy im just thinking it may be an absolute battle, and if needs be he is a sub. Plus why not give him a lil bit of a nap?

Last match we were playing an in-form squad on a god awful pitch.

Now that we're home, on a proper pitch I have no doubts we'll look much better.

Its not like i hate they guy im just thinking it may be an absolute battle, and if needs be he is a sub. Plus why not give him a lil bit of a nap?

He consistently creates more chances than any other player. It's madness to leave him out. No one recycles the ball quicker, and no one covers more ground.

I'm sort of with you but I'm sort of not. On one hand I feel like the quality we have across that front 4 allows us to have some really intelligent squad rotation and give a lot of players time. And Eriksen is one that runs more than anyone else. However, as the year gets more into the pointy end, we need the points. If necessary I'd prefer to rest him against Crystal Palace.

He consistently creates more chances than any other player. It's madness to leave him out. No one recycles the ball quicker, and no one covers more ground.

Im sure Lamela was leading the chances created stats? but we were fine without him.

Its a nice problem to have if nothing else....

Are you sure he covers more ground? Its not the first of talents that come to mind when i think of him

We will kick their arse and consolidate our push to winning the title: Stay the course boys!

Are you sure he covers more ground? Its not the first of talents that come to mind when i think of him

Yes I am. Apparently he ran a kilometre more than any player last night. It's always Kane and him who top those stats. I'm sorry, I can't find the chances created stuff. Maybe one of the stats guys can help? But I keep seeing that Twitter Spurs stats bloke posting to that effect.

Last edited:
Lloris
Walker Toby Wimmer Davies
Dier Dembélé
Lamela Alli Eriksen
The One

Why Lamela over Son and Chadli? Because he is rested and Son was mediocre the last time around. Chadli was outright poor against Norwich, sadly.

Davies goes in as he's better defensviely than Rose. Walker was very good against Norwich and thus narrowly keeps his spot again.

love our form and our confidence..i have faith in poch and his choices on who plays. all our players have been stepping up when needed. kyle walker has had a great year and I see little praise for him. god, I love this team.

These games are less than seven days apart. The fullbacks will be rotated. Lamela in for Son and on with business. Draw at dawn, three points before lunch second place for valentines.

Back
Top Bottom