Home match vs Watford - 06/02 - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The key things that are getting us over the line is that the players believe in each other and the acknowledged level of support the team gets week after week where ever we play. It is too good

A Saturday 3 o'clock kick off ..... whoopee. Means I can have a lie-in and I can still have time in the pub beforehand.
We just need to play our normal game, hope for an early goal, so they don't put 11 men and the bus behind the ball and it should go our way.
I honestly believe that it doesn't matter that much who actually plays, all the members of the squad are more than capable of putting in an effective performance (especially as Fazio is not around).
I'm going for a draw...............:allitongue:
A few gin and tonics Mrs P and you will sing the house down!

Anybody think that we'll play 3 at the back again? And how would our midfield look if we did - possible start for Bentaleb?

Wouldn't mind either Lamela or Chadli in place of Son - it is good to have such competition for those spots with all players producing goals and assists.

We'd be top of the league if our home form was better, if the support at the Lane is half as good as it is away the camaraderie should pull us over the line.

I hope Gomes gets a good reception as well.
Don't fix what isn't broken. Team won 3-0 away, keep the same team.

---------------------------Lloris---------------------------
Walker-----Alderweireld------Wimmer-----Rose
------------------Dier---------Dembele----------------
Lamela-----------------Alli--------------------Eriksen
--------------------------God------------------------------

Anybody think that we'll play 3 at the back again? And how would our midfield look if we did - possible start for Bentaleb?
Last match against Watford we went with
Tripper Toby Dier Vertonghen Rose
Dembele Carroll
Lamela Alli
Kane

Don't think we'll see Bentaleb. Seems to be behind Carroll at this stage. I wouldn't be surprised to see this formation return up against Ighalo and Deeney. From Bielsa's tactics to always have more centrebacks than opposition strikers.

3 points needed. Watford aren't as good as they were when we played them away so there's no excuse for not winning this game. We'll need the momentum going into the City game the week after.

I reckon that we're going to completely arse fuck City. They are used to teams sitting back and letting them have possession. We're going to press the shit out of them. Our defence will have to be solid though. The good news is that Wimmer doesn't look out of place at CB at all; my only issue with him against Norwich was that he gave away too many needless free kicks in dodgy areas.

But, I digress. Smash Watford, gain momentum, work hard in the week then dick on City.

:dembelefingers:

I just want to see us getting at their throats again, bullying the smaller teams with pace, style and finally a healthy dose of the come at me attitude is what has brought us this far. Even our so called flair players are a bunch of hard working annoying ankle biting pests, i love that.
Destroy them and make the rest of the league worry, sow the seeds of fear into their minds. Someone tweeted yesterday that you could just see that the players believe they are better and harder than anyone they go up against nowadays.

Massive game for Wimmer, hope we protect him, not that his performances to date have me worried, just pointing out that Deney is a bastard of a player and plays right on the edge of legal. His performance against us last time out saw him roughing it up and diving and rolling about on the floor. Without any doubt they will be targeting the new boy.

Wimmer was a bit shaky yesterday so I think we'll see Dier drop back into a back five again. Trippier and Rose for width from fullback. Dembele, Alli, Eriksen and Son in the midfield has far too much technical ability and skill for Watford to handle with Kane up front 4-1 Spurs.

Massive game for Wimmer, hope we protect him, not that his performances to date have me worried, just pointing out that Deney is a bastard of a player and plays right on the edge of legal. His performance against us last time out saw him roughing it up and diving and rolling about on the floor. Without any doubt they will be targeting the new boy.

Yeah, he fucked up Skirtel big time.

Back
Top Bottom