Home to Bournemouth - 20th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Another big game against a team who have found form recently and mustn't be underestimated.

With Woolwich playing West Ham, City playing United and Leicester away at Palace there could be the chance to increase our gap over the teams below as well as potentially catching up with Leicester.

Depending on what line up Poch chooses to play Dortmund, which I can see being nearly the same team as the away game then I'd like to see the team who played today.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Alderwiereld, Wimmer, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Alli, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

Also, 2 Dortmund fans suffered heart attacks at their game tonight. Unfortunately one died, so condolences to their family and the fans. They may not see this, but no one should go to a football game and not make it home.

Perfect performance.. Could ave been 6.

Couldn't believe the space they were giving Walker in the first half. He had half the pitch to himself.
That pink strip was shocking..

Atmosphere was very good today.
Special mention to ST holder Eileen McBride.. 101 today and received a presentation from Sir Pat Jennings.

A complete performance from everyone today, kept our shape well at the back in the begging of the 2nd half when The Cherries fought in vein to get back in the game.

MOTM I'd give to Kane who was fucking amazing today, I'd have given him it without the goals, he was defending, driving forward supporting attacks, holding the ball up, bringing others into play, pulling defenders out of position. His best game for us this season.

Special mentions also to both Toby & Wimmer, not just great defenders but both are integral to our attacks, those diagonal balls especially in the first half were relentless, it was as if the pair of them had a bet who could get the most but both of them also made some fantastic vertical passess through the oppo midfield.

Whilst not at his creative best Eriksen was very sharp and his clossing down was intense.

Absolutely loved the 101 year old lady at half time, great reaction from crowd too, still can't get my head around the fact she has been going since the '30's!!!

+32 GD
crushing.gif

Perfect performance.. Could ave been 6.

Couldn't believe the space they were giving Walker in the first half. He had half the pitch to himself.
That pink strip was shocking..

Atmosphere was very good today.
Special mention to ST holder Eileen McBride.. 101 today and received a presentation from Sir Pat Jennings.

That is Eireen, and her grandson Julian. They are family friends for many, many years. She has been sitting upper East stand for well over 30 years - she goes up in the service lift now, when she goes, which is understandably not as often as it used to be.

Her son in law Bernie and my Granddad have been season ticket holders for 40 years, although my Granddad now has dementia and is unable to attend anymore my Dad and myself often go and accompany Bernie.

She is an incredible woman, who dotes on Julian, and when he is unable to go (he is a musician so can often be touring) she refuses to go as she only wants to go with him.

I hadn't been aware that she was going to be presented to the crowd but I am delighted to see her with Kane and Jennings. She has, also understandably, lost a few marbles but if we can win the league there will be few happier than Reeny I promise you that.

I'll be honest, seeing that picture with Kane and her has brought a tear to my eye.

The way people are questioning and criticising the manager for team selection in what is our best league campaign for more than 25 years is staggering. Players can play two matches in a week. Some players will want game time. Some players actively need it. But anyway, if you can't have faith in our manager now, then you never will do. Too many nouveau fans coming on board. The words 'fuck' and 'off' spring to mind.

There are three certainties in this life :

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Teams that have otherwise been flying, suddenly going to shit when Spurs need a favour.

I'm looking at you Everton.

Easy money.

Games like that make me more pissed off that no matter how good this side is and how many of the major stats we lead, they have only been top of the league this season for about 19 minutes.

It's a cruel frustrating joke

If, by some wondrous miracle, we do manage to pip Leicester on the last day of the season, we could be champions after spending zero days at the top of the league.

There is something pleasing and Spursy about that.

Back
Top Bottom