@ Home vs. Manchester United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we had better strikers (or at least more inform ones) we probably would have won the game. We created some fabulous chances, especially some of the crossing was superb.
Spot on mate ... depite some of the foolish comments others who can't see what is right in front of them ....Soldado would have trouble hitting a massive barn door with a giant banjo !! Add to that his complete lack of involement in any game he has played in from day one.

I'll give credit to AVB today. He played a style which was much closer to what I've hoped to see all season. A looser 4-4-1-1 which allows us to transition more rapidly, rather than getting all hung up on possession and pressing. If we can build on this and keep the same system in place, I'll warm to him quickly.
The only change I saw from us was the wingers being told to cross balls in. The reason we were able to play so fluidly was simply because Man United were attacking and we broke them down and had space to play.

sandro.gif

Spot on mate ... depite some of the foolish comments others who can't see what is right in front of them ....Soldado would have trouble hitting a massive barn door with a giant banjo !! Add to that his complete lack of involement in any game he has played in from day one.
Slow down, that miss was his first decent chance created in weeks and it came from his flick, can't many doing that.
He is the best we got, keep giving him chances and he will score.

as i say this again,
and i do understand that our style of play requires a lot of work on the flanks,
but play through the middle of the pitch seemed insufficient today, like always

A few random post match thoughts.

Lloris is making me nervous, he's making some poor decisions, and flapping at crosses.

Similarly Walker and Dawson aren't exactly solid.

But Sandro's impact is a huge boost.

Also Paulinho looked better in his forward Role.

Soldado looks like he needs a goal soon - his confidence is gone - he's not really working hard to get in position for the near post crosses either - which seems to be an attitude problem - he gets discouraged if the cross doesn't come in in the first phase.

Defoe is not bad - but he's hardly a prolific scorer either - at least in the premier league.

The performance was not bad - but a failure to win v Fulham on Wednesday will just mean this was a false impression - the team do look like they can play together - but last year we lost to teams like Fulham - playing narrow congested build up play. Today was encouraging - but we must follow up on Wednesday with the same good attacking fluid play.

Back
Top Bottom