@ Home vs. Manchester United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ah you never know AVB is young and developing too so he will try new things from time to time

them three in the middle with Eriksen and Lamela wide could kick arse
Seems a bit stubborn to me until something is drastically obvious to change. Learning from mistakes is wonderful as it showed today, but, bringing something new in doesn't seem in his character.

Ah you never know AVB is young and developing too so he will try new things from time to time

them three in the middle with Eriksen and Lamela wide could kick arse
I don't want Eriksen out wide, unless we absolutely have to.
Modric being played out wide was one thing, but putting our only CAM out wide ... would be absurd.

Did their penalty come from the fact that we gave away a simple pass because there was no one on the right to collect it? Unless I've made that up.

I don't know. There is a point in there somewhere. Discuss.

Seems a bit stubborn to me until something is drastically obvious to change. Learning from mistakes is wonderful as it showed today, but, bringing something new in doesn't seem in his character.

tbh in his position you have to be very careful and thorough with everything you do

most footy managers are stubborn, but I think AVB gets abit to much stick on that account

he's trying to develop a system and integrate a whole new core to the team so you can't be changing loads from week to week

playing Siggy wide left isn't much different to trying Eriksen there imo

Should have won that easily, we gifted them their goals, Lloris had no need to dive at Welbeck's feet, it was one occasion when he should have stayed on his line...however on a brighter note, I predicted 2-2.

I don't want Eriksen out wide, unless we absolutely have to.
Modric being played out wide was one thing, but putting our only CAM out wide ... would be absurd.

not if you're playing 433 with no CAM

loads of managers put natural CAMs out wide to drift in onto their stronger foot especially if the middle of the pitch becomes conjested, it helps get them more time and space on the ball which in turn helps them influence the match

works especially well with players new to the league who are getting use to the pace of it all

It is imo.

Why?

if anything I think Eriksen would play better than Siggy there as he has a great shot like Siggy but is far better at creating chances and crossing plus he's naturally two footed so would be very tricky for a fullback to anticipate, lastly he's a far better dribbler than Siggy tbh he's pretty much just a better alround player

edit: it could even be the 4321 El Tel christmas tree lol

Last edited:
More from Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas: "The referee does not see that Danny Welbeck leaves his leg out to collide with the keeper. The keeper has no intentions to bring the player down as you can see. He is not raising his hands, his hands are on the floor. "But it is not the first time that I have had seen us concede penalties against Manchester United where players leave their leg to make contact and then fall down. I can understand it is difficult for referee Mike Dean to analyse but I don't think he is a good position to judge and for me it is a bad call."

Considering AVB sanctioned Lloris's murder last month, I'm surprised he's standing up for him now!

I know AVB avoided going TOO FAR, but are WE allowed to say Welbeck is a long-headed cheating cunt, and Mike Dean is on Man Utd's payroll????

Back
Top Bottom