@ Home vs. Manchester United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's unfuckingbelievable tbh

2-2 at home to the defending champions in a tense a fair which you have looked the better team and some fans think creating a negative atmosphere is an acceptable show of emotion and won't affect the players. We desperately need a new bigger stadium so these cunts can be drowned out by a fresh influx of proper supporters.
the goons thought that!... just got even worse .... now there home games look like they've come from the set of a harry potter fucking film.
shiney bigger new stadium means more jcls... theres supposedly 40.000 on the s,t waiting list & 200.000 assorted members & near 1 million on the ticket database so how the fuck are games going to general!.

the goons thought that!... just got even worse .... now there home games look like they've come from the set of a harry potter fucking film.
shiney bigger new stadium means more jcls... theres supposedly 40.000 on the s,t waiting list & 200.000 assorted members & near 1 million on the ticket database so how the fuck are games going to general!.

oohhh do fuck off with your jcls agenda driven superfan shite.....

Fuck it ,life is to short.My carer has told me we are learning puncuation in january.i must remember, when its kicking of with those pickey irons.puncutuation is my freind thatl work thanks for the tip:windy:
Cheers bruv i need to be understood im going now,im becoming emotional bet thats spelt wrong

They looked visibly deflated and the atmosIt'phere in the crowd became quite poisonous around me as people had a go at those who booed.
Iit seems to me, all supporters mean well but with the occasion, some supporters getting it wrong and some overreacting . We all want what's best for the club. Sometimes I question the response on here whether we all support the same team. Although I understand the passion.

That's not right. I have scum friends and they are getting tickets for fixtures they couldn't get last year , like aginst us.

For those people using the excuse that they are defending champs are really desperate, I thoughtt this was the struggling man united. Although we seem to be happy with a draw at home against our fellow contenders, Man united are prolly even happier since they were away from home, to be fair this was a good result for them too.
So people need to chill and stop acting like we beat them or something.

I thought we were excellent on Sunday. Here's

To start at the back -

Lloris was one of our worst players on the day. He looked vulnerable from corners, and of course gave away the penalty, which was without doubt a penalty, but I felt needless. Welbeck was running away from goal and you just knew he was looking for it. Given Dawson was 'with him', Hugo should've stayed between the posts. The fact he wasn't sent off was confirmation he wasn't the last man, so why take the risk?
Bad decision making, cost us 2 points I feel.

Defensively we were generally sound, but we seem to be making a habit of fannying around at the back under pressure and causing ourselves some real headaches unnecessarily. This needs to stop, or we're going to give away some really silly goals, and we know that without the ball, we are hard to break down, so don't make it easy!!

I don't buy that Dawson was culpable for the second goal, though I do agree with the general consensus that he should not be starting when all our CB's are fit. Walker should take responsibility for both goals I feel.

The first - his lack of anticipation. To watch the ball float over players' heads but fail to anticipate and react was not good enough.
The second - the ball breaks around the Utd box, and Walker feels that, 40 yards away, he has a 50/50 chance of getting to the ball, which is probably true, BUT, we are 2-1 up. He doesn't need to go marauding up the pitch to try and win that ball. The risk outweighed the gain. He lost the ball, left us short at the back, and they won a penalty.

That said, I do think Walker is an excellent right back, but he needs to cut out these mistakes.

The midfield was far different in this game. You could see the freedom Dembélé and Paulinho had, and they supported the attack well, leaving Sandro to sit in front of the defence should Utd break. This worked really well I thought. We were more direct, moving the ball forwards, making runs, finding space, using decoys. Lennon was excellent in the first half on the right. He was refreshing to watch. Chadli was a safe bet on the left, nothing spectacular, but nothing silly either. He's comfortable in possession and keeps the ball moving.
The more attacking and free-flowing midfield was great to see, but definitely left us more open at the back. It was disappointing to concede two goals at home.

Finally, Soldado. Everyone I speak to seems to focus purely on his goal tally, which simply doesn't offer a fair assessment of the boys' contribution. He was dropping into space and slipping in the wingers, leaving space behind him for Paulo and Moose, linking up play, getting involved, 1 and 2 touch passes. As long as he isn't a passenger, he can stay up top as far as I'm concerned.

Play like that against Fulham - 3 points.

Finally, Soldado. Everyone I speak to seems to focus purely on his goal tally, which simply doesn't offer a fair assessment of the boys' contribution. He was dropping into space and slipping in the wingers, leaving space behind him for Paulo and Moose, linking up play, getting involved, 1 and 2 touch passes. As long as he isn't a passenger, he can stay up top as far as I'm concerned.

Spot on.

I get sick of this 'FM - Fifa' attitude. Did he score? No. DROP HIM. As if a strikers job is solely to score. You don't play with 10 men and leave 1 guy in the opposition's box waiting for a chance.

Actually, I think he started off waiting for the perfect chance, realised we weren't playing to his poaching strength, and has adapted his game to fit into the setup, which shows the quality and sense the boy has. Smart player. Has much more to his game than Defoe who is completely one dimensional.

It is right!.. if your goon mates are getting wilsons now they couldnt get last year there jcls..

This might be hard for you to believe, but some new supporters in the ground could be alot better than some who have been going ages. The scum ground design is also supposed to be a big cause of the diminished atmosphere. If we incorporated a wall like Dortmund or a big standing and singing section then it would make the atmosphere alot better. Aswell as keeping the fans right on top of the pitch. WHLs atmosphere has widely been acknowledged to have become shit recently and that's got fuck all to do with jcls and alot more to do with whingy cunts.

I get sick of this 'FM - Fifa' attitude. Did he score? No. DROP HIM. As if a strikers job is solely to score. You don't play with 10 men and leave 1 guy in the opposition's box waiting for a chance.

Actually, I think he started off waiting for the perfect chance, realised we weren't playing to his poaching strength, and has adapted his game to fit into the setup, which shows the quality and sense the boy has. Smart player. Has much more to his game than Defoe who is completely one dimensional.

you do know the boys 28 right, granddad :troll:

I have the hardest time on here keeping track of when Dawson is nailed on first 11, the rock that our team is built on, one of the most under-appreciated defenders in the league, and a true "body on the line" defender, and when he's a Championship-level, gaff-prone, glacially slow defender that is doesn't fit modern football, but decent as a fourth-string option

It is astounding how fickle football supporters are.

He is a Championship-level, gaff-prone, glacially slow defender that is doesn't fit modern football that is nailed on first 11, the rock that our team is built on, one of the most under-appreciated defenders in the league, and a true "body on the line" defender.

Does that clear it up?

The Soldado chance wasn't as easy as some are making out either, probably should've got it on target but would've been very difficult to score that with the angle getting smaller and smaller and a defender on his shoulder. Would've had to be a rocket to have went in so he got that part right lol

Back
Top Bottom