How important is the EL compared to the PL?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winning PL = 100 joy points, winning EL = ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The PL and the EL are 2 of the major competitions we're in. When people suggest different lineups for each, I sometimes wonder how they compare the value of each competition. So if winning the PL gave you 100 points of joy, how many points of joy would winning the EL give you?

In our position, winning the Europa League would be 99 points, but still shy away if we're to win the league. Winning the league is invaluable at the moment. I meant many of us don't know how it feels like to even gauge it!

Any trophies are important now, but of course some are more prestigious.

In the 1 FA Cup and 2 League Cup wins that I've witnessed in my lifetime...... During the match and celebrating after the match...... And even to this day..... I've never ever stopped and thought...... "Yeah, but its not as good as the Premier League."

Come on people...... We're not exactly blessed with a bulging trophy cabinet in the last 30 years......

I was happy when we won the Audi Cup!

:tobyarm:

Whatever our level of joy, with the hit on revenue from C19 it is absolutely imperative for continued success that we reach as far as we can in the EL.

If the league is 100, then probably low 80s, I would be absolutely over the moon. Any trophy could encourage us to start winning trophies regularly.

You created it and then forgot you had more than 100 as a possible answer? short term memory issues? 🥴 🥴 🥴
I recently read a post that reminds us all to treasure our relationships with people, as we have fewer interactions with them left than we might think. So I’m going to resist the urge to call you a fucking bellend and instead gently point out that the premise of the question is that a PL title is worth 100 joy points, so then I’d like to know how much is a EL title worth to you. For someone who thinks a EL title is worth more than a PL title, the answer would be “More than 100” so I included it as a valid option.

What’s not a reasonable response is “winning anything would be more than 100.” I’ve already said the PL is worth exactly 100, so that statement makes no sense.

Your options here are:

1) A EL trophy would bring you less joy than a PL trophy, in which case select the appropriate choice below 100 depending on how much less it’s worth.

2) A EL trophy is worth more than a PL trophy, in which case select more than 100.

3) They’re worth the same (ie exactly 100) in which case select 91-100.

I hope this clears things up for you and you have a wonderful day.

Back
Top Bottom