How to know/become a true Spurs Fan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This season has been a bit of hit and miss season for football, but next season I want to be fully dedicated to Spurs, already planning to get tickets to see a match, before I turn 16 and they charge me over £30 for it.:carrollwtf:

And before you guys say, I have a fairly wide range of football knowledge, that's not an issue, so what do you guys think define a true spurs fan

This season has been a bit of hit and miss season for football, but next season I want to be fully dedicated to Spurs, already planning to get tickets to see a match, before I turn 16 and they charge me over £30 for it.:carrollwtf:

And before you guys say, I have a fairly wide range of football knowledge, that's not an issue, so what do you guys think define a true spurs fan

Someone who supports spurs would for me be a true fan through the good times and the bad.

Don't think there is a secret to it, maybe hating Woolwich is perhaps also high on the list. Anyone who tells me I am not a 'true spurs fan' can suck my cock as far as I am concerned.

A true Spurs fan shares the traits that makes any fan of any club, a true fan....with a few extra specifics thrown in of course exclusive to every different club.

The standard:
Have never supported anyone else ever
Rate your club above any player
Stay loyal through the good and bad

Spurs specific:
Hate Woolwich
Know your history

A true Spurs fan shares the traits that makes any fan of any club, a true fan....with a few extra specifics thrown in of course exclusive to every different club.

The standard:
Have never supported anyone else ever
Rate your club above any player
Stay loyal through the good and bad

Spurs specific:
Hate Woolwich
Know your history
As much as I could deny this, I had no football influence when I was younger, let me just say this one is not me.

As much as I could deny this, I had no football influence when I was younger, let me just say this one is not me.

Ok, well I guess it depends on your circumstances.....a little kid who changes team is one thing, I meant more a grown up who changes teams because his team "doesnt win enough" etc...

Not saying you cant be a true Spurs fan now mate..

The sooner you realise worrying about whether you're a "true fan" or not is a load of soppy old bollocks, the better IMO. Just go to Spurs games if that's what you want to do. That's all there is to it.

The sooner you realise worrying about whether you're a "true fan" or not is a load of soppy old bollocks, the better IMO. Just go to Spurs games if that's what you want to do. That's all there is to it.

Personally I think its a important to feel like a true fan.

Would much rather people considered this more, and the day tripping fans that would rather film a goal than celebrate one, phased out of the grounds.

sammyspurs sammyspurs for me it is a day trip and i have filmed goals, taken pictures of the stands and so on - it always is a special day for me when i get to visit the lane, due to geographical and time management issues i cant get to go as much as i'd like

For me being a fan isn't about how many games you go to or how much you spend on merchandise or any of that trivial bullshit.

If you feel absolute elation when we score, and crushing disappointment when we concede, that's as good a fan as you can be. It's in the heart, init.

Who the hell cares what other people think? If you sing for the badge, love the goals and hate the bad you're doing all you need to do as a supporter.

To be a true fan:

1. Miss KO by at least 10 minutes each home game

2. Shout "you fucking useless cunt" at your least favourite player before he even gets a touch of the ball

3. Campaign for the sacking of the manager as soon as he delivers anything less than a 3pt per game tally -- with ultra-attacking football -- hopefully bearing fruit to at least 5 goals per game

4. Pine for Gareth Bale and constantly whinge about Levy selling him (even though you yourself used to shout "useless cunt" at Bale at the start of his Spurs career

5. If anyone at a game calls you out for any of the above, you have to explain that you've had that seat since 1941 and you've "earnt the right" to do as you like (AKA be a cunt)

6. Never ever sing unless we take the lead, even then only 3 or 4 minutes is permitted

7 Blame Daniel Levy for everything ever, including the holocaust.

Oh shit, I just realised you asked about being a proper fan rather than an average fan. Sorry.

Real fans wear sweatbands.

1000x1000.jpg

cheers for the responses guys greatly appreciated, going to try and go to atleast two games not season
Ok, well I guess it depends on your circumstances.....a little kid who changes team is one thing, I meant more a grown up who changes teams because his team "doesnt win enough" etc...

Not saying you cant be a true Spurs fan now mate..
yeah my circumstances were pretty unfortunate, have a few friends who change there teams to, i know a guy who went to spurs to woolwhich when bale left, seriously, i know another go who went from woolwhich to man city. i'll be honest west ham are my local team but i don't know why i feel an attraction to north london more, i've met a few people from east london who support spurs, i don't know what it is about spurs, it's a big club but has a community like feel to it, that i'm attracted to, it's had to explain, went to white hart lane in december 2012 it took a big hit on me for some reason, anyways my dad isn't a footy fan, so i was pretty much stuck.

at what age do you guys think is the age to now stick to your team for life?

a community like feeling , better stay away from the Spurs ensemble on twitter than mate, its shoot first or get shot on there. The what you can and cant do as a spurs fan changes about every 5 mins

cheers for the responses guys greatly appreciated, going to try and go to atleast two games not season

yeah my circumstances were pretty unfortunate, have a few friends who change there teams to, i know a guy who went to spurs to woolwhich when bale left, seriously, i know another go who went from woolwhich to man city. i'll be honest west ham are my local team but i don't know why i feel an attraction to north london more, i've met a few people from east london who support spurs, i don't know what it is about spurs, it's a big club but has a community like feel to it, that i'm attracted to, it's had to explain, went to white hart lane in december 2012 it took a big hit on me for some reason, anyways my dad isn't a footy fan, so i was pretty much stuck.

at what age do you guys think is the age to now stick to your team for life?
It's not you're age, do you feel it? If not fuck off to Chelsea. Not to be blunt but that's it.

Back
Top Bottom