How to know/become a true Spurs Fan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs99 Spurs99
Cool. Okay I may have been a little harsh. Truth is we are a FANTASTIC club that have historically finished behind Woolwich. That said we are FAR better than them and here's why:

We are true to our location
We were the first team to win the double (in 20th century and all that).
We don't play in red

TBH we are better just because we are. It's up to you young man (not trying to be condescending at all). Hope that helps
:myword:

Spurs99 Spurs99
Cool. Okay I may have been a little harsh. Truth is we are a FANTASTIC club that have historically finished behind Woolwich. That said we are FAR better than them and here's why:

We are true to our location
We were the first team to win the double (in 20th century and all that).
We don't play in red

TBH we are better just because we are. It's up to you young man (not trying to be condescending at all). Hope that helps
:myword:
love the history behind tottenham and all the great players it has had over the year, lineker, bale, modric, klinnsman, ardiles, bill nick, but yeah thanks

Being a Spurs fan is a bit like being a polar bear, waiting potentially months at a time for that next fix (seal/win/signing 7 players), get used to a frosty reception from the media, and um, frost. Snow is your enemy, your footing is never fully assured, takes them a fucking age to relocate, we work tirelessly to feed others (Real), all white strip. Prosperous history, both hate enuits, can be a fierce predator but more often than not look soft as fuck. Surely I've tired out this analogy about five lines ago:ap:

...at what age do you guys think is the age to now stick to your team for life?

You can switch as much and often as you like, and until death. I try to limit myself to twice a decade. And they have to be a proper London club – so for me it was an easy choice. Spurs were the only ones for me, after Ferguson retired.

WE'RE THE NORTH BANK, WE'RE THE NORTH BANK, WE'RE THE NORTH BANK TOTTENHAM!
WE'RE THE SHED END, WE'RE THE SHED END, WE'RE THE SHED END TOTTENHAM!

To be fair though, maybe you should avoid Spurs – the catering is poor at best.

Being a Spurs fan is a bit like being a polar bear, waiting potentially months at a time for that next fix (seal/win/signing 7 players), get used to a frosty reception from the media, and um, frost. Snow is your enemy, your footing is never fully assured, takes them a fucking age to relocate, we work tirelessly to feed others (Real), all white strip. Prosperous history, both hate enuits, can be a fierce predator but more often than not look soft as fuck. Surely I've tired out this analogy about five lines ago:ap:
If I could like this multiple times I would. My favourite post this year without question!

Personally I think its a important to feel like a true fan.

Would much rather people considered this more, and the day tripping fans that would rather film a goal than celebrate one, phased out of the grounds.

I get this, definitely, but for me that's much more about the marketisation and gentrification of the game, even the exploitation of the fans actually, than it is about a kid worrying how he's going to be seen as a true fan by other people who like the same team. Half the dick waving cyber ultra fans on forums never go to games.

I get this, definitely, but for me that's much more about the marketisation and gentrification of the game, even the exploitation of the fans actually, than it is about a kid worrying how he's going to be seen as a true fan by other people who like the same team. Half the dick waving cyber ultra fans on forums never go to games.
orry7uj.jpg_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.jpg

Going to games doesnt mean you are a good fan these days...most people here complain about being "surrounded by cunts" every time they go to WHL...

To be a true fan:

1. Miss KO by at least 10 minutes each home game

2. Shout "you fucking useless cunt" at your least favourite player before he even gets a touch of the ball

3. Campaign for the sacking of the manager as soon as he delivers anything less than a 3pt per game tally -- with ultra-attacking football -- hopefully bearing fruit to at least 5 goals per game

4. Pine for Gareth Bale and constantly whinge about Levy selling him (even though you yourself used to shout "useless cunt" at Bale at the start of his Spurs career

5. If anyone at a game calls you out for any of the above, you have to explain that you've had that seat since 1941 and you've "earnt the right" to do as you like (AKA be a cunt)

6. Never ever sing unless we take the lead, even then only 3 or 4 minutes is permitted

7 Blame Daniel Levy for everything ever, including the holocaust.

Oh shit, I just realised you asked about being a proper fan rather than an average fan. Sorry.
I think you just described everyone in the park lane.

Wearing women's underwear so your plums hang down your trouser legs and enjoying the feeling of soiling yourself. Lining your Woolly hat with tin foil and masturbating with Tabasco sauce and wintergreen in Waitrose fruit and veg section are true signs of being a real Spurs supporter.
Or is that just me?

Back
Top Bottom