How will spurs do when the season returns?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So we stand to kick things off with the Scum getting a battering... :mourthumb:

As per above, trf window could easily open 20/07 and run as long into the new season as necessary... I don't think that side of things is a big deal tbh.
Unfortunately, Scum have a huge advantage the last nine games. They are used to playing in front of no fans at home already, so it will be like every match is a home match for them.

:mourloopy:

With the season seemingly poised to resume, how do we all think we will do in our remaining fixtures?

Was this the “pre season” Jose was hoping for ?

Can we expect anything at all as far as making a late charge for the CL places or are we just too frail in midfield/defence?

I personally don’t expect much but I tell you what, I’m much more hopeful going in to the game against UTD with a full 4 weeks of training & tactical work behind us, with hopefully a fully fit squad.

How does our run in compare to others going for top6?

Also I am of the opinion that the league should not be returning at this point, but I’d like to keep the politics out of this thread if possible, just want to talk a bit of spurs. My mrs is 9 months pregnant and doing my nut in at the moment.

what do you lot reckon?

Last edited:
A game every 3 days for 2 months.
Clubs with shallow squads have no chance ... integrity of the competition my arse.

Oh, but they can play 5 subs so all the shitty players on their bench can get a run out once the hammy's start to pop. That's bound to help Bournemouth over the line vs City in their relegation battle as City bring on yet another 200kpw re-inforcement. :pochrolleyes:

Not watching obscure games doesn't make you a "fair weather" fan. I suggest you don't understand what the term means.
I'm only interested in our games, and I'm not happy that I can't watch our home games at the stadium. Selfish I know, but to me, football is a spectator sport, and if there's no spectators, then suspend the season until it's safe for them to attend.

Respectfully disagree mate, we were nowhere near as bad as we were just before covid came knocking.

our defence was shit obviously but we were scoring goals and winning games. Before son got injured we were on a run of 4-5 wins I think?

Then he crocked it right before the Chelsea game when our dire form picked up again.

Agree with this. That Villa game was the turning of the tide. We were on a good run, a last minute winner boosted confidence. We should have been out of site other than for some sloppy finishing earlier in the game. The Son injury fucked us massively.

With all injured players back, and defenders actually having some proper training with JM, I think we will see an improvement.

We've had a chance to get Ndombele match fit and ready, Davies back to full fitness. Son, Kane, Sissoko and Bergwign are back from season ending injuries, Dele was playing injured. These things can't go unrecognised. We are coming back a lot stronger than other teams.

With the season seemingly poised to resume, how do we all think we will do in our remaining fixtures?

Was this the “pre season” Jose was pining ?

Can we expect anything at all as far as making a late charge for the CL places or are we just too frail in midfield/defence?

I personally don’t expect much but I tell you what, I’m much more hopeful going in to the game against UTD with a full 4 weeks of training & tactical work behind us, with hopefully a fully fit squad.

How does our run in compare to others going for top6?

Also I am of the opinion that the league should not be returning at this point, but I’d like to keep the politics out of this thread if possible, just want to talk a bit of spurs. My mrs is 9 months pregnant and doing my nut in at the moment.

what do you lot reckon?

27 from 9..... :moursad:

Yeah I think you’re right.

In terms of the actual games, I only watched some of the first round of Bundesliga matches but in each one the teams started the first ten minutes very rusty and they seemed to set the tone of the matches. Knowing our players that’s exactly how they’ll start the first game. Asleep and on the back foot. No matter how much they are prepared tactically, unless Mourinho sorts the mental side out from that first whistle it won’t matter.

In theory playing in an empty stadium should suit our players. They’ve wilted in front of pressure more times than can be counted but in a stadium without fans, playing in games which should seem like practice matches they should do better without that immediate pressure. But who knows.

Despite what I’ve just said I feel quietly confident of getting 4th/5th because Harry and Sonny are back and properly rested. Although that could just be because I haven’t had to watch the games so have some how forgotten how bad we were pre virus!

If Harry and Sonny are both fit, we are absolutely a much better team than when the season was suspended.

I think a couple of our players will benefit by having no fans in the stadium. Sess and Sanchez spring to mind as players who seem under confident and not having a stadium gasp when they have the ball may be a good thing.

I can certainly see Sess doing well if given the chance.
Sissoko too.

I'd never forget 90000 people at Wembley groaning every time the ball went to him. Ashamed that fans would do that to their own players. Doesn't exactly help him get better.

That's one thing I admire about sissoko. His turnaround took a lot of character to do.

"Home and away matches look most likely for the vast majority of games, BBC Sport understands - with a few high-profile games at neutral venues at the request of the police."
Oh well that's fair then???
I wonder what one of those could possibly be?Expect Everton's home derby will get moved too...

So our home games against West Spam and Arse could be in neutral venues. Well WALOB!!

This is all a mockery of the great game. Players aren't fit, will quickly get injuries, no fans, no atmosphere....

Back
Top Bottom